Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Licensing. When I did it in high school you needed to do Morse code testing. It was nuts.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

When the ZA hits I’ll just fuck off and completely isolate from everyone.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if it's getting as much coverage outside of Georgia, but this Willis-Wade-Trump evidentiary hearing thing is just hilarious. Fani Willis wearing her dress backwards, and getting put in timeout for 5 minutes yesterday, while Wade submitted one bill during the previous process for 24 hours worth of work in one day*, and Trump giddy that because of their stupid actions he may not even get tried . . . and now, Willis surprisingly won't testify again today, but the next witness can't go yet because he's at a doctor's appointment, and the attorney challenging sassy, Black Willis is a tall, blonde White woman? Trump tried to get Ga Gov Kemp to "bend the rules" and Kemp was like, fuck that, I'm not breaking the law and being unethical, and the competency / sexy time between Willis and Wade is going to take center stage? I mean, is this real life?

*If I ever sent a client a bill where I charged them for 24 hours in one day, I would never get paid or work for that client again. Lawyers are a different breed, holy crap.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sometimes, when I really hate people and society, I think it's time for one of those. Then I remember how badly that would suck ( putting it mildly ) and come to my senses.

If Putin wants to destroy the U.S., he could do it from space without firing a single missile at us. Scary shit.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was a clip of it on one of the news channels last night and all I could think was she's overplaying her hand with her attitude. Or as Shakespeare once wrote, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Got my first license in 2004 and I had to take the Morse Code testing as well, but they dropped it in the US soon after.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is crazy just how different the legal system is when you're rich and powerful. Can you imagine the average homeless junkie, being prosecuted for pissing on the side of a building, saying "umm... I would like to put the DA on the stand and go fishing into her personal life for potential conflicts" and being allowed to?

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's true. However, the special prosecutor she hired (and was fucking) isn't going to gain anything by billing a 24-hour day against a homeless junkie, either. It goes both ways. Clearly, she misread the hand she was holding, and they now need to recuse themselves if getting justice against Trump is a real goal. Who knows, though, maybe that's not the goal.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Her goal is she wants to be the DA that got Trump, now she's flailing because she probably won't be that person.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In order to force a recusal, the Trump side has to prove that she over-prosecuted in order to generate extra billable hours that she then received a kickback from, which they aren't anywhere close to proving.

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is what they can prove, and what they can make seem true. Willis is giving Trump all the material he needs to assault her credibility and taint whatever case makes it before a jury eventually. You know what they say about cemeteries filled with people who had the right of way.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I can't imagine that happening.

13. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I once billed 36 hours straight, and I actually worked that, too. It was a huge rush for an existing conditions survey of about 100 acres, some under construction, because of a lawsuit against a developer trying to put in a fly-in neighborhood without permits for a paved runway and going bankrupt. Also charged them a good $10k above what it would have cost because we dropped everything to get this done in under a week. I don't know who paid it, the bank or the developer, but it was paid before we released any maps.

He's also the guy that got a mail order bride and she left the US to go back home because he was such a nutjob.

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Think of all those quick, boring shits we’d have to take.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's going to try everything he can to taint the jury pool, yes, but in terms of a recusal, that's up to the judge, and the judge isn't susceptible to that kind of bluster. Without a recusal, the case will still go to trial on schedule, and Trump will have to face the prospect of daily televised coverage of him in the defendant's chair. Grand juries have also shown that when locked in a room and forced to look at evidence for weeks, Trump's powers of bullshit are less persuasive to the average citizen than they are in short snippets on the news.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got lots of books and magazines, but I'd be without the bidet. That would be tragic.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me and my Complete Calvin and Hobbes will finally be vindicated.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course Fani Willis's dad was a Black Panther, wrote a movie script, has to explain "it's a Black thing" to keep cash on hand, and brings Taylor Swift into his testimony. smh

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is actually a thing, and I heard a piece on NPR yesterday from a history professor who wrote a book on the Freedman's Savings Bank, the failure of which is one of the geneses of some Black Americans' mistrust in the banking system.

20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am blessed with an elephant's...memory and a very vivid imagination. Pun intended. Don't need the internet for shit.