Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

But Seriously...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Juice, Jun 19, 2015.

1. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"In a world full of good boys, he was the best."

FUUUCK that was like a dagger straight to the heart. I just dusted in here, and yet I seem to have gotten something in my eye.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Facebook/ Meta is down worldwide right now. It's also Super Tuesday.

Anyone think this is a coincidence, a hack, or did Zuck get trashed and accidentally erase the servers?

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's definitely a bug on the Meta's ID service side. It's not that the servers are unavailable or something, but rather everyone is getting logged out and the system isn't recognizing correct passwords and/or security codes.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I would SO love it if this was a major hijack and they were locked out of their ID systems and pressured to pay a ransom...

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Google Auth was also shitting the bed for a bit. Last time that happened, it was a DNS issue IIRC.

https://isitdns.com/

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's 8d chess, bro...

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was so hopeful that this was it and Facebook was dead in the water. Oh well.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

James Crumbley's trial starts today. It will be interesting to see how it is prosecuted and defended, compared to the mother.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Hell— maybe he and his wife will be martyrs one day. If they finally set the precedent that parents have an actual fucking responsibility for their kids being pieces of shit, they’ll eventually become heroes.

Heroes, as the assholes who finally fucked up so bad that even the government got tired of watching children getting slaughtered like pigs.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're always going to have pieces of shit, and parents can't be responsible for every action of their children. Punishing someone for putting guns in the hands of murderous little fuckers, I like that, seems like a reasonable place to start. But going much beyond that seems problematic and could turn out bad for parents that really did try their best.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

From what I've seen, the parents couldn't have tried much harder if they wanted, to push him towards the actions he took.

I get the slippery slope thing, but this was egregious.

#16711 bewildered, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  12. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Indeed, it was.

The prosecutor really nailed his opening statement this time. I went back and watched Vs JC opening and you can tell he's more confident in his case this go round. It was also almost twice as long.

I want to know where the Perry shooter got his guns. Two months and they still haven't released that, that I can find.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The primary whistleblower against Boeing John Barnett was just found dead with a “self-inflicted gunshot wound” in a Holiday Inn parking lot. Open and shut.

…Because that’s where we all want to be exactly at the moment we go out: in a parking space, between two cars in some shitty hotel lot staring at a highway with cars going past your view.

Better make sure he didn’t piss off the Clintons too.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was in that city, staying at that hotel for "legal interviews and additional questioning". I mean, damn, they're barely trying to hide their assassinations these days. I wonder if "he shot himself" in the back of the head?

Even CNN put "self inflicted" in quotations, like they didn't believe it.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My favourite suicide was that lawyer Hillary Clinton didn’t like. So this successful lawyer and family man became depressed because a Clinton didn’t like him— so he drove two hundred miles from his office, backed his car into a body of water, climbed into the back seat while it was flooding and stabbed himself to death with a pen.

We’ve all been there.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I still have not gotten over the fact that Epstein commissioned a painting of Bill Clinton in Monica Lewinsky's dress.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll never understand how the crowd, who will believe the most ridiculous conspiracy theories, were handed a set of facts that included "an associate of Epstein's, who is a known rapist with a penchant for very young women, was President at the time Epstein allegedly committed suicide while in Federal custody" and reached the conclusion "it was probably the Clintons somehow."

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because Clinton was on many more flights and was pictured getting a back rub by Epsteins’ procured chilluns’?

Also, I never paid attention to the E Jean Carrol case when it was happening but looked into it a little while ago and her accounts and lack of direct evidence make it pretty obvious the lower standard in civil trials and a sympathetic jury are the only thing you can glean from that case. Obviously people with a predilection against Trump are going wave it around as a mortal fact but that’s as silly as the case itself.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don't know about that, I just think it's funny he hired a painter for a painting of Bill Clinton wearing Lewinsky's cum-stained dress.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That may cover motive, but in terms of means and opportunity, Trump was running the Federal government at the time Epstein died in the custody of the Feds. The conspiracy theories write themselves.