Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Christmas Gift Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Nov 27, 2015.

1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How much money are you looking to spend? Because a respectable piece of luggage is pretty damn clutch. However, you really get what you pay for when it comes to luggage.

For the new lady friend, I am basically replaying last year's girlfriend gift idea and buying one of those fancy storage boxes from a stationary store and loading it up with assorted things. Alpaca wool mittens, butt plugs, her favourite lubricant - you know, the usual cutesy stuff. She'll love it.

2. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

For the husband I'm loading up on all things Star Wars as stocking stuffers and a new laptop/work bag. Any TiB tips or favorites are welcome.

I suck at making lists. I don't really need or want anything, so my lists get me in trouble with anyone who isn't my mama. Apparently asking for gift cards, Burts Bees and fuzzy Target socks is grounds for being bullied into making a more "acceptable" one.

3. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good call. What guy doesn't want Star Wars makeup?

[​IMG]

4. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is one from Timbuk2 that I really like. I don't have it, but I have a different Timbuk2 that is great.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Have it. Great bag.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Oh stop. I'm blushing.

7. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I want to buy my husband a kegerator conversion kit. However, I know nothing about them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

8. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Those and the light saber dildos are gonna bring a joyous tear to his eye.

9. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, apparently, my girlfriend's brother and his wife got me a Christmas gift. Which means I'm now on the hook for getting them something.

Any ideas on what a couple of yuppie scum bags might like, Tibers/Tibettes?

Where's Ballsack when you need em............

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Excuse me, but I speak Yuppie.

Get them a wine aerator or some artisan olive oil. If they're yuppies, do the have a Beemer? You could buy them his and hers driving gloves. Or a sign made from re-purposed driftwood that say's 'I'd rather be in the hhamptons"

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For my girlfriend I'm making a few household decorations that she's requested plus we are going in on a computer for each other. As usual I've requested some nice tools I normally wouldn't get for myself plus a couple books from Steve Rinella.

I know said I'd propose in 2015 but I am thinking our "anniversary" early on in January may be better... and that will overshadow anything from Christmas. I know how I'll do it now too.

12. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

The red-hot yuppie item of the year:
    Yeti 10oz Tumber
    Yeti Coosie

For a little more cost-effective option, you can't go wrong with Columbia pullovers or vests, which I got for both of my brothers and their wives this year.

13. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does your husband brew his own beer or is he planning on buying kegs of commercial beer?

There are a couple of sites out there that you can order from
    http://www.homebrewing.org/Kegging-Systems_c_457.html
    http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/kegging/draft-systems
    http://www.midwestsupplies.com/kegging.html
    Another good option would be to look up your local homebrewing shop they would likely be able to help you figure out what you need and point you in the right direction and you won't have to worry about shipping

14. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So what are teenagers into these days?

One girl, 17, one boy, 15. I usually just get them itunes gift cards but I'll actually be with them Christmas morning this year so I thought actual gifts might be in order. Around $30 each or so. Unfortunately the parents are there so liquor/drugs (what I would have wanted at that age) are out of the question.

She recently got a car and he's into sports and video games, but for $30 each I can't really think of anything.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the guy at least.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone have one of the "smart" luggage/carryons? I'm looking at getting a new carryon for Christmas as I'm starting a new job come Jan/Feb that will significantly increase my travel. The USB charger aspect specifically is what is most appealing. Ive seen the Bluesmart one (http://www.amazon.com/Bluesmart-1-Smart-Carry-On-Luggage/dp/B00X5OUC1U) and my Mom found the Barracuda (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/barracuda/barracuda-collapsible-luggage-tray-gps-usb-charger) but I'm open.

Otherwise I've asked for a wireless subwoofer so my hot jams can more effectively annoy my neighbors as well as a quality watch box as having a sister who works for a retail manufacturer means my collection is growing steadily.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay folks, all creepiness aside, I think Rush is onto something.
    The Booby/Booty/Bikini threads have been pretty stagnant (I was gone for two years, and hardly a thing has changed, for fuck's sake, [but God bless you ladies who did!] ).

So how about the TiBettes contribute to those respective threads, and the TiBers will respond in-kind in the TiBer thread. Everybody wins!
    If you're a TiBette who feels squeamish about showing off her twins or her continental-divide, just give to the bikini thread. You don't even have to be in a bikini/lingerie; a sexy, elegant dress will do.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christmas gift rant: Maybe, if you actually spent some time with your niece, I wouldn't have to do everything but buy her gift for you.