Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

CoD Addicts Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by JoeFresh, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Hopefully we can have a bigger turnout from the PS3 people so we can get some free for all going. Was still fun as hell though.

2. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was surprised that I did reasonably well, I don't play video games that often and I'm honestly not that good.

3. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm late to the game, but I'll play in the next one. I have a PS3-my sn is ulidekenneth.

Just to throw it out there, I'm pretty fucking terrible at this game. I'm getting better slowly but surely. I'll be practicing up in the meantime.

4. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just got the xbox360 elite and COD to go with it. Since the game came out right as I got fucked with the RROD I've only played at friend's houses a couple times. But now that I own it, god damn it, I'm fucking hooked. I'm a level 23 and my KDR is .90 but dropping. I've had this game 3 days.

edit: I'm definitely down to play with you guys next weekend.

5. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Then they backed out a minute later like we were serious.

and it wasn't pap that was stabbing, it was fuckin Diablo with his commando bullshit. But I guess that's what rockets are for.

6. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Balls, I completely forgot. I'll have to set a reminder of some kind for next week if it happens. I played for a while tonight though and I think I'm getting better. I seem to be averaging around one kill per death now. By the way, how do you guys feel about doing some search and destroy? It is by far my favorite game to play. I was a Socom 2 addict back in the day where the search and destroy format was the regular game and respawn was more marginalized. It just feels more realistic that you only get one life. I also think it also contains greater incentive to coordinate and specialize amongst teammates. Eh?

7. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hopefully I'll get to play more than a few matches next time. And sorry for no mic, wife was sleeping on the couch so I didn't want to wake her up. It was fun playing though.

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

'Tis true. My run-n-gun class is freaking awesome. It pisses everyone off all the time especially when they get one or two shots in on me but I still manage to knife em in the face. It's like a 'fuck you' to those akimbo 1887 users. I think I've gotten a couple 12-15 kill streaks with just the knife too, so I'm not half bad with it. Commando is oh so fun...

9. WendeI

WendeI
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Buddy of mine just sent this my way. I think it's hilarious that the guy starts getting pissed off at all the accomplishments that keep flashing on his screen. Or at least, that's how I interpreted it.

#129 WendeI, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd like to try the run-and-knife type class, but from what I understand it would be pretty pointless to do it without the tactical knife attachment. That means I would have to actively use a pistol for a little while, which I very much dislike the idea of.

I of course was the one who mentioned that it would be just my luck that as soon as we started playing together that I would have an off day and start going 5-15. I think I was 6-14 the very first match, and as soon as we did free for all, I came in last every time. Figures.

Of course there was that one domination match in Afghan where I went 30-6 with a 21 kill streak. God I love sniping on that map.

11. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah fern, it takes a little time to get that tac knife, but it's oh so worth it in the end. It's so much quicker than the regular knife. And yeah, you tore shit up on Afghan, that was awesome!! I can't snipe for shit.

12. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Started Prestige 10 yesterday after joining some hacked server that gave enough XP for a full 70 levels per kill.

Having fun with Throwing knife/riot shield right now. Had a sweet kill today that the knife bounced off the ground about 50 yards in front of me and got some guy right in the neck.

13. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any advice on how to one-shot with a sniper? Should I use Stopping Power?

14. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my sniper class:

WA2000 w/ silencer and thermal scope
    AA12 w/ silencer and red dot (I switch around on this one, but its almost always something silenced)
    claymore
    smoke grenade
    Perks:
    Bling Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Steady Aim Pro

the WA2000 has a pretty powerful shot (unsilenced, it doesn't get any extra damage from stopping power). With a silencer and stopping power, anything from the chest up is a one shot kill. (or with no silencer and no stopping power)

Its kind of a toss up between silenced/Stopping power or unsilenced/Cold blooded. My preference is the silencer so that your red dot never shows up on the minimap and you can't hear the shot, which makes it hard for enemies to be able to tell where your firing from. (I fucking hate kill cams though)

To get those one shot kills, just find a good hiding spot and keep an eye out for someone. The most important thing though is to hold your breath, which is where steady aim pro comes into play.

Now someone else may have a better setup, I am in no way a absolute pro at sniping. This just works for me.

15. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My sniper class is different to Fernanthonies:

Barrett .50cal w/ FMJ and Thermal
    Spas-12 w/ Grip and Holographic Sight
    Claymore
    Flash Grenade x2

Perks:

Bling Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Stedy Aim Pro/Commando Pro (Commando Pro is useful for bailing from high places without falling to your death)

It's all about the Thermal Scope IMO, makes the target so much easier to see, especially on Underpass/Afghan and Wasteland, which are probably the three main sniping levels. I'll sometimes use it on Favela and Derail.

One hit kills are generally common, but if it does require a second hit, the Barrett .50cal generally allows for an easy follow up shot.

I've only just started sniping myself, but you can score pretty well once you get the hang of it. I'd say the other trick is to know when to swap to your secondary weapon when your in positions which are going to make it difficult to snipe someone. Too many times I've missed out on a killstreak or just generally died because someone has rushed up in a position where my shotgun would have been a lot more effective.

In saying that, I would also recommend moving, especially on a level such as Wasteland, or if you dont use the silencer. A lot of focus is placed on payback kills, and often run straight to where you killed them last. By slightly altering your position, you can often kill the same person 3-4 times in a short period until they give up for a while.

Hope that helps. There's also good videos on Youtube as well. I watched some guy get 30-0 sniping at Quarry without breaking a sweat. He also knew a bit about opposition respawning areas and where to put his Harrier Missle for maximum damage.

16. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

The Walther, Barrett and the Intervention can all one hit without stopping power if it is a shot to the head or torso. If they are suppressed it has to be a head shot or you have to use stopping power for head/torso shots or else it's 2+ shots. Also, using stopping power on an unsuppressed Walther is useless, so you're better off using another tier 2 perk. If you do decide to a suppressor on it then you might want to use stopping power or cold blooded. For the M21 it has to be a head shot, you must have stopping power and no suppressor. Check out the earlier pages for my sniping setup.

17. Denver

Denver
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This may sound completely crazy but sometimes I actually try and think about what their killcam will look like when I'm sniping. For example, sometimes when I've been sniped by others, they are scoped for the entirety of the killcam, which can make it pretty difficult to figure out exactly where they are (although not always of course). Knowing this, when I'm about to snipe someone, if there is time I will stay in the scope a few extra seconds so their killcam won't make it quite as obvious where I am.

Whether this is actually effective whatsoever or if it's all in my head, I have no idea. I do know that I have had trouble finding a sniper before though because he was constantly scoped in the killcam, so unless that's just me being retarded, it must be helping me somewhat...

18. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Marathon, Lightweight, Commando? I usually rock that with the UMP45, and M9 with tactical knife.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's right with all the perks. I usually use either the P90 with silencer or red dot, or the UMP. But I have the .44 Magnum with tac knife.

20. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Any of the people who have been playing for a while probably know if they press "Start" during the killcam, it will show them your position and the position of everyone on your team. Against newer players that don't know that, what you said works real well.