Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Commence the Madness: 2012 NCAA Tourney Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by LucasJackson, Mar 11, 2012.

1. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Good god Hummel, I don't care what the announcers say, I'm NEVER in favor of chucking up a 3 when down 1. And with like 10 seconds left too. Congratulations on brainfarting away your final game.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agh, I'm so pissed. Are you fucking kidding me Spartans? What the flying fuck? Your shooting was god awful, you couldn't rebound for shit defensively or offensively, you turned the ball over way too many fucking times...what the fuck? Seriously? 20 some odd points in the first half? Absolutely horrendous. Goddammit I am so pissed.

On a similar note, some NBA team is going to get a helluva player with Dreymond Green.

And that Wisconsin game was awesome, tons of 3's by the badgers followed by tons of 2/3's by Use.

5. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

No shit. This sucks. After I was done being miserable and pissed off though I realized we had a fantastic season given the one we were coming off of, and are looking damn good going forward. We have some sick players coming in next year, and have a lot of talent coming back. I'm excited. Hate to see it end this way, but I can be happy these guys overperformed and played a hell of a year. Especially Green. Guy was incredible. So yeah, congrats Louisville, hats off to the Spartans, we are looking great heading into the future.

Still, with all the shit I was talking to my Kansas and UNC friends, I'm gonna have to eat crow big time for this one. I guess that's what happens.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I usually don't put much emphasis on the officiating, but good god its sucked this tournament. It makes some of these games pathetically unwatchable at times.

7. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Good lord, I love that Florida is winning, but they are doing it with their three point shooting looking so incredibly bad.

8. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Wow Ohio. And the thing was, they really should've won. Cooper had a couple of drives where he should've definitely brought it back out, and Offutt is probably kicking himself over that missed FT, but hey, he put the team on his back anyway. Great game. The way UNC played though, especially Barnes, and I see KU stomping them (if they beat NCST).

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK!

10. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK . That game was won. Won. Make your fucking free throws.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well look at it this way: the odds of Barnes having two consecutive games like that are pretty low. And it's not like the Jayhawks shooting percentages have been anything to write home about (looking at you Tyshawn Taylor).

In case you guys didn't see it already, Marshall is out tonight.

UK is just obscenely good when they're on. The way they are making a Top 10 team look like a bunch of overmatched punks is ridiculous.

12. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That Kansas/UNC game was fucking wild. I don't watch a whole lot of Tar Heels basketball, but was Kendal Marshall really the difference in that outcome? It may have ended with a 13 point victory for Kansas, but it was back and forth the whole game and North Carolina looked like they were playing out of their minds.

So in the end I had two Final Four picks correct. I hope it's Kansas over Kentucky, I'm bracing for the Calipari/Self rematch from 2008 and for it to be just as awesome.

13. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

If UK wins it, will it really matter? It'll just get vacated in 5 years or so.

14. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It'll make me $300.

Fear the Unibrow.

|:-O

15. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Shit, was I ever pulling for Louisville on that one. And I have no idea why. But I flipped out when they tied it at 49 and even started thinking they might pull this one off. Kentucky just too strong... which fucking sucks, because I hate John Calipari (just cuz).

Here we go - coach's rematch from 2008 after Kansas knocks off Ohio State. And has anyone noticed that the Big East has had had five teams in the last four Final Fours?

16. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anthony Davis' final stat line: 5 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 6 blocks, 3 steals, 1 eyebrow