Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Controversial Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Oct 5, 2017.

1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't even understand what's going on in that video.

Islam strikes me as an Old Testament religion in need of Reformation. Christianity did it and it's much better for it. I even asked r/islam what they thought about it, their responses boiled down to "no, this is the immutable word of God, it is perfect as is". I argued that it was the word of God as interpreted by a man of his time, room for error and all that. They didn't bite.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Islam came along and basically said "You know those other two monotheist religions? They're wrong and we're right. Choose to be right or die." You are either with Islam or you are an infidel, and we all know how their texts feel about that.

There is no such thing as "differences in culture" when it comes to Sharia-backed regimes. Our culture is simply better than theirs, not different.

3. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

None of these are controversial opinions they're just Republican ones.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Ok fine.

In-n-Out sucks. Like, it’s bad. Not just in comparison to other better options (like whataburger), I mean it doesn’t taste good.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, here's a weird take then: The reason the West deals so poorly with Islam is that the Left doesn't want to admit it's a backwards violent religion, and the right doesn't want to admit that the only reason Christianity isn't a backwards violent religion is that Christianity died during the Enlightenment and that modern "Christians" are really just secularists with an annoying book club.

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude. How low do your balls dangle?

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that the second verse to "Do Your Ears Hang Low?"

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was out of town for the last week and stayed at a hotel. Twice I ended up getting my hand wet while wiping because the water level was absurdly high and the seat was too close.

I have become a standing convert.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Normal length. My penis is just too big.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Breaching size, perhaps?

#30 Revengeofthenerds, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Focus: there is no such thing as a "loaded question". Just questions you refuse to answer to avoid looking the fool.

There is not a single drug on this planet that should be illegal. Our body, our decision, fuck you. You can't brag about how you live in a free society when you can't sell your own kidney, can't separate from your spouse without getting permission and shelling out cash, and can't choose what you consume. Society doesn't have a drug problem, people do. And it's THEIR problem to deal with because they signed up for it. Stop throwing people into dungeons over this Mickey Mouse bullshit.

#31 Crown Royal, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or no?

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course I have. No point beating a dead horse.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's a very good question.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fully loaded, like a potato.

16. Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My controversial opinion is that it is hard work to remain not-racist.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Not sure how controversial this is, but I think New Zealand does it right by making parents run their baby's future name by the government for approval.

I also hate it when women have male names or men have names that typically belong to women, and then they get offended if I call them him when it's actually a her. I think this might be controversial because I know FAR too many people who have shitty names like that. And a lot of them are my family members. Sorry Andy, for the rest of your life people are gonna think you're a very effeminate sounding dude on the phone, all because your parents are fucking morons. Maybe if they lived in New Zealand....

18. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think we are to the point where we can safely say we have enough people. The environment is showing impacts of people. The economy is showing impacts of people. Government budgets show the impact of people. Especially in the emerging environment of AI, robotics and drones; maybe it is time to consider how we expand or why we expand our populations from here. Maybe it is time to consider making people responsible for added population. In this day and age where more people want free stuff for providing no value to the world, we need to figure something out. I personally think people should be sterilized until 25 when they take an exam to determine whether or not they should be having children at which point it is either reversed or permanent.

Borders. There seems to be this belief that we are one world. People want to believe there are no borders. People want to allow as many people in as possible to North America, without consideration of the mechanics of what comes next. At the same time people want to expand every welfare program known to man. Another segment of the population wants to lower taxes at the same time. This is a recipe for disaster and nobody wants to put any thought into the downstream effects of what is happening. I personally could get behind more healthcare if we could get control of our borders first. I sincerely don't want America to start to look like Europe. The more free stuff you give, the more useless people who can't speak the language, who can't function in your society and are looking for a free ride show up.

Policing in America. Black people aren't being targeted. Black people, in general, are good people and black people in general are more violent than average based on UCR statistics. Police, in general, are good people. Police are also more violent than they were a decade ago and militarization of police is accelerating. Militarization of the police is clearly a huge problem. US police have killed more people in the last month than the UK police have killed in a century. That is a problem. The problem with policing isn't bound by race. Whether you are white, hispanic, black or asian interacting with the police at any level is increasingly becoming a bad idea.

#38 ODEN, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  19. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's some "race realist" shit, fam. You know what they say about lies and damn lies.

FOCUS: The next major terrorist attack on US soil will get very little response from the populace. Everything we've done since 9/11, including our response to 9/11, has left us with a generation of military-aged citizens who are cynical as FUCK about anything this country tries to do. Do not expect your local recruitment centers to be packed with sudden patriots. Not again.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's one: your dog doesn't belong in the office/airplane/restaurants unless it's a service dog.

I'm allergic, and my sneezing/itchy eyes and triggered asthma should override your need for companionship/to hit on women. Also, I'd like to eat my sandwich without your dog begging at the lunch tables, thanks. Keep the dog outside, and be considerate, at least.

Ugh, the modern era of patriotism is so fucking shallow. How many movies like "Thank you for your service" do we have to make before we simply take better care of our military, stop sending them on meaningless misadventures half a world away and faux-worshipping them, but not addressing any of their actual problems? Perhaps actual gratitude for their service would be helping them recover from the damage that war did to them, or helping them achieve a life worth living? The blue-balling blowjob these guys get is despicable: you get all the airport adoration you could ask for, but it comes with a lifetime of PTSD, a futile, scantily clad lie about "preserving our freedoms", and the risk of being killed by illiterate fanatics (that kinda have a point, we did invade their country: the fuck you think would happen if Dubai set an armed foot in the Kentucky mountains?).