Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Drink of the Week Drunk Thread- 7/19/12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just going to say, by most accounts the stuff inside is either mediocre or dreadful. Fill it with water, or maybe hair conditioner and tell guests you're making a goth bukkake, "would you like to make a quick fitty?"

2. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know, what I'm saying is I haven't even bothered drinking it yet, because there's no point kidding myself that I got it for any reason other than what the bottle looks like.

I'm sure I'll just around to it soon, and just keep the bottle anyway.

3. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, I wouldn't rush it. Like black jesus said, it's mediocre. But the bottle is pretty BA.

4. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love bourbon. Bourbon loves me. The morning after tends to remind me I get in trouble when I am having fun. There are usually texts I can't take back involved.

Maybe I'll get some this afternoon...

5. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they ever need an app for something, it's this. By stopping you sending them, I mean. Some sort of drunk text filter

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There should be a phone breathalyzer.

7. carnac

carnac
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Top Twenty-five Best Bourbon
    (from BlueKitchen.net)

Im a Makers fan, as well as woodford and bulleit, but this list is no way complete without Blantons.

If you like Bourbon you owe it to yourself to splurge on Blantons.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.blantonsbourbon.com/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.blantonsbourbon.com/#</a>

8. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

43 years ago today, this happened. Which is pretty awesome.

Attached Files:

10. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Makers Mark Manhattans make me smarter, I think. Maybe it's the combination of alliteration and alcohol. Anyway, after getting totally tuned up on them last week, I actually put two numbers in my best friend's phone and then deleted them out of mine. This way, when I want to send the drunken text (or 50), I have to go through her in order to do it.

Yay for bourbon (because we all know I never would've thought of that brilliant plan without a little help from somewhere)!!! I will be tasting your carmel-y goodness in just a few short hours. Good call, BlueDog!!

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its also Dan Akroyd's company which says its most likely a shitty vodka with extensive marketing/schtick behind it. He's always doing signings of it in Chicago liquor stores.

That list is humorous for 2 reasons. First, I knew a kid in college, who loved being the sophisticated asshole drinking straight bourbon while the rest of us had bourbon and gingers or bourbon and cokes, but yet his bourbon of choice was fucking Early Times. Absolutely revolting shit. Gut rot supreme.

Then there is Old Crow. For whatever reason, in my little southwest Ohio college town had a cult-like obsession with Old Crow. My group of friends drank tons of it, loved the idea of the brand, can recite the back of the bottle from memory, had Old Crow drinking team jerseys made, etc... Diving into the brand a little more, turns out it has TONS of history. Favored whiskey of Mark Twain and Ulysses S Grant. Used to have great, classic advertising. Was an upper crust bourbon. Then Beam bought it in the 50s, changed the recipe and cheapened it and positioned it bottom shelf so as not to compete with Jim Beam. Well, one of my best friends, from said group, just moved over to Beam from Smuckers and became the first brand manager in Old Crow's history at Beam. Forever it was just kind of there, marketed jointly with other bottom shelf brands, they didn't even know who was buying/drinking it. So now he has a budget and can reshape the brand however he likes. Its kind of crazy and surreal and a great opportunity for him. In doing so, he learned that the biggest 2 bars on campus are 1 and 3 for biggest sellers of Crow in Ohio and our liquor store in town is the biggest seller of Crow...in the world. Just hilarious.

Also of whiskey note, not Bourbon, but Canadian Club Reserve just came out, and its fantastic. I usually don't like CC, but its a bit sweeter and very smooth.

12. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

America. FUCK YEAH!

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this not the most underwhelming 10 player trade that's ever been made in baseball history?

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The time between waiting for my time at a job to end and starting a new one is a weird period. Do I bother putting in any effort? Does it matter either way? What's my motivation knowing I'm already laid off?

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm getting my carpets cleaned right now and the guy is kind of really hot. I should get the carpets cleaned on a regular basis...

18. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe I'm a pussy, but I worked almost as hard as usual my last two weeks at the last company. Will it help me in the future? Probably not, but if for whatever reason I cross paths professionally with an old co-worker or boss I don't want their last impression of me being that I mailed it in the last two weeks. Besides, what's two more weeks worth of effort?

19. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Getting your carpets cleaned," huh? Is that what they're calling it these days? Is he good with his tongue?

20. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.