Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Eat your...grains? OR ELSE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You caught me, there are no benefits to paleo... Unless you buy my special toxin free tea, PM me for details.

2. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that surprised the shit out of me too, my guess is they'll waive it if you work it out with them beforehand. That's honestly why I'm not THAT up in arms about it, she probably knew the rules and never told them if her kids had dietary restrictions. I mean giving them a Ritz cracker in the name of health is stupid as fuck, but she must have been given the rules ahead of time.

And wasn't this a day care center, not a school? It's not really ask nanny state when the whole thing is voluntary.

3. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When cutting, paleo actually makes sense to a degree, it's just going to an extreme to completely cut some things in your diet rather than simply practicing moderation. The supposed benefits don't really outweigh the asspain of unnecessarily restricting your diet IMO.

During a bulk? Kill yourself. I'll eat all the things you so desperately crave while easily hitting my macros and at the end of it all we'll have put on the same weight assuming all other things are constant. Triple Whopper after the gym? That's just part of my diet, and I'll wash it all down with your caveman tears while you talk nonstop about how you're still allowed to eat bacon. Congrats, you have one extremely over-hyped joy in life.

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're in the wrong thread.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theidiotboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8864" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8864</a>

5. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jezzuz shitballs.

So the facts should be ignored because of a large number of ignorant people? Next you wacky yanks will be teaching creationism in schools.

I'm far from a diet Nazi but if I were the parent in this situation I would be having a conversation with the child care retards that they wouldn't enjoy.

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, it grows on trees. So, it must be a fruit.
    [​IMG]

NOW WHO'S THE RALPH??

My point was that kids, according to school's health policy, could supplement their vegetable deficit with pizza because of tomato sauce. Never mind the crap on top of it. Which is cray cray. When they could have had a V8.

Food policies are fine when feeding a large number of kids that would otherwise not get fed at home. That is a serious problem here. It's not a matter of having crap food, but none at all. But if mama sends a packaged lunch, it is none of a school employee's business to subvert mama. That's a paddlin'. That it happened in a daycare that parents ostensibly paid a shitload for, is what gets me. Who gets away with fining a paying customer? I'd send them a bill for wasting my time. In the future we'd be able to mail envelopes that punched the receiver in the face.

Price isn't the issue, and that article was written by a grade A jerkass. Why do people buy garbage? One could write volumes on the subject. You're right in that laziness is one of the factors. This shite is comfort food. Though, I do not know how. To me it tastes like fake garbage. To someone else it is truffles.

7. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see your point, but it's not like the policy was ever new, the only reason it became news is because it was recently debated whether or not tomato paste were to continue to count the same as it always has, or to change the rules, and they decided not to change the rules. BTW a kid could also supplement their vegetable deficit by getting a double bacon cheeseburger with a side of broccoli and throwing out the broccoli, at least with pizza they'll eat the (I can't believe I'm saying this) nutrient dense tomato paste... I mean they COULD do the burger thing if they served broccoli in schools.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Daycare is a gigantic rip-off racket that would make the people down at the student loan office beam with pride.

Now in our house we get a sweetheart deal for our daycare. My friend however is a different story. Scary facts time:

He has twins, a boy and girl. He sends them to a full-fledged private day care. 40 bucks per kid per day. Now, he and his wife have to pay every day of the week no matter what. If the daycare is on holiday, they pay for them to not watch their kids. Add that up, and you're paying year-round for a nice summer home in this town that doesn't exist.

Four hundred dollars a week. They should at least get karate and Tiger Mom violin lessons for that price. But no, they're paying that for their twins to play with blocks and get coughed directly in the face by other kids.

*gun in mouth*

9. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

"Dodgeball is so fuckin' primal, you pussies."

10. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah the kids with the special needs dietary requirements were always the top tier when I was growing up. No wait, they were the ones that smelled funny and wore second hand shoes, I think we threw rocks at them, paleo style.

And don't start telling me about your diet, no one gives a fuck.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes.
    When schools stop considering ketchup a vegetable, we may be able to have a discussion about what I feed my kids.
    Til then - suck it.

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, I've been drinking nothing but this gluten free vodka from Shaq. I just end up breaking shit. I think I'm doing it wrong.

13. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I couldn't tell with all the mumbling.

14. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What is this, amateur hour? Everyone knows you burn more calories sucking a dick than you do from drinking semen. I've got gains to think about here.

15. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think we can all agree that providing Ritz crackers as a grain substitute is stupid, but at the same time, these are the rules and everyone knew about them beforehand, so if the parents are pissed, maybe they should look in the mirror.

16. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Stop being sensible Noland.

Daycares are different from schools. Maybe there's a reason they put those rules in place. I think there was a quote in there to that effect.

While they changed the lunches a year or so ago at schools, and they suck, I can send in anything I want with the kids (including peanut butter!) with no repercussions.

17. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still not sure if this was a private day care's (voluntary) idea or a government policy (involuntary), but if the latter the outrage is deserved. Who cares if it was a Ritz cracker or a piece of whole grain bread, their is no reason that some asshats in suits with no nutritional training are deciding what defines adequate/inadequate nutrition and forcing that agenda on their citizens. Do you not take issue with a centralized authority that you can't choose to ignore telling you what you can and cannot feed your children for lunch?

Feeding the kids crackers isn't the problem, the rule* is the problem.

*Again, this is predicated on the assumption that this is a government rule, if it's the decision made by an individual day care place then whatever, she should know the rule or go to a different place... but they're still idiots.

18. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Sounds like it's the Canadian government requiring it. The mom also called the school and said wouldn't the potatoes count and they ended up not charging her the $10.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/19/mother-fined-after-lunch-of-pot-roast-potatoes-carrots-and-an-orange-deemed-unbalanced-by-daycare/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11 ... -daycare/#</a>

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why do I get the feeling that if the government came out tomorrow and started advocating Paleo, changed the food requirements, and changed what schools can/should serve, you'd be the first to start a slow clap.

20. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]