Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Would you like to run for president? This all makes too much sense

2. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You aren't. I couldn't believe he wasn't impeached after he pulled that bullshit on January 6. I know Jack Smith wanted a solid case before prosecuting, but there is no way it should have taken as long as it did.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He was impeached like a week after Jan. 6th.

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sorry, I meant that he wasn't found guilty when he damn well was. Because the majority of Republicans in the Senate were a bunch of pussies.

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's a fun fact to share with your Trump-supporting friends and coworkers: "Trump is no more constitutionally-eligible for the Presidency than an illegal immigrant."

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anybody followed the NY vs Chick-Fil-A vs Lindsey Graham nonsense? I don't know who has a bigger failure to understand Chick-Fil-A's business model, NY or Graham.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-rest-stops-chick-fil-a-17e5a44140f0cb383fa31429bf66184b

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lindsey-graham-new-york-restaurants_n_6586b2cee4b0fe4ffe337b95

NY is stupid and Graham is stupid. There is nothing - absolutely nothing, no law, no forced legislation, not a mandate of any sort - that is going to "require" Chick-Fil-A to be open on Sunday. They won't. The Chick-Fil-A in the Falcons' stadium is not open on Sunday, and neither are the ones in the Braves' stadium. (I don't know if they still do it, but the Chick-Fil-A space in Mercedes Benz stadium was used by another restaurant "Fries Up" on those days.)

So, NY can pass all the laws they want, but Chick-Fil-A won't open on Sunday. They'll either sue, claiming freedom of religion being violated, or they'll simply close their restaurants in those locations when the current contract with NY runs out. They would rather lose the other 6 days of business than open on Sunday. (They're #3 on this list, and all the other top 25 are open 7 days a week. Think about that.)
    https://www.qsrmagazine.com/operations/fast-food/ranked-the-top-50-fast-food-chains-in-america/

I'm not defending a freedom of religion business operation, and I'm not saying that NY doesn't have a right to say they want to offer full-service to rest stop customers. What I'm saying is that if the lawmakers think they can force CFA to be open, and all the news articles keep saying "law could force CFA to be open on Sunday," all of those people have a fundamental misunderstanding, and a lack of ability to grasp reality. It will not happen.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If they try to mandate a business be open on Sunday, then force the government to also be open on Sundays.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

first time reading about this but I do appreciate that NY is trying to make sure the restaurants are open and available for the drivers at all times. I love taking driving trips, and at least down here there can be quite a bit of distance between stops. If you are planning on one of them to be open, and it isn't, then I imagine that would pose a bit of an issue. Especially when there are many other restaurants which are open seven days a week also vying for those lucrative contracts at relatively few stops along the highway system.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If it's a state endorsed/supported highway rest stop, then sure, mandate 24h service as part of getting that contract. Totally reasonable.

If you can't do that, you don't get the spot.

That's totally different than forcing them to be open 24x7.

#22110 Nettdata, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Why is this even an issue. Unless you're a Chick-Fil-A shareholder, then...?

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Absolutely, I'm fine with the State saying if you want the contract, you have to be open 7 days a week, once this contract runs out. If that's a service they want to provide and the vendors get a lucrative, limited space spot or kiosk or whatever, that's fine.

But what I'm saying is that the lawmakers and media have either zero interest in being correct or have not even done the most basic research. CFA will 100% walk away (or, sue, I guess) and will not bid the next go around if that's part of the terms. What they won't do is say, oh heck, I guess we have to be open on Sunday, then. It won't happen.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Absolutely.

I have no idea why I'm even being exposed to this right now. It's such a non issue, and yet here it is being blown up way out of proportion. Or to any proportion.

I'm over here drinking red wine and making lasagna. Well, the meat sauce right now... and it's tasting fucking amazing.

I'm am so tempted to just lock this thread until the NY so that we don't have to think about those fucking clowns that run our countries.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah this is where it seems like a pretty cut and dry issue to me. State highway contract? Fuck off private business, either abide by our terms or we'll allow someone else to come in who will. And they're lining up for that spot anyway.

State telling a private business on private land what to do? Fuck off state, they'll do what they want as long as it isn't illegal, and they'll either profit or they won't.

15. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Why the concern? Does Trump eat at CFA?

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, his favorite is KFC and McDonald's. At least that's what I've read.

Also, regardless of the merits of the bill, FUCK CHICK-FIL-A.

It's nothing to do with their politics, I just think they're really overrated.
    Just like In-n-Out burger.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's not like there's anything else to worry about in the world...

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

lol, not unless you're one of Truett Cathy's kids. CFA is not publicly traded.

19. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like they didn’t know Chik Fil A was closed in Sundays before they brought them on for the rest stops. Give me a goddamned break.

This governor, state and its priorities are so completely fucked up it makes me miss Cuomo.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The proposed law doesn't affect existing CFA's and only applies to future locations at rest stops.

All in all Lindsey is being the idiot here IMO.