Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have not been following this issue or read the links, but this sounds on par that the senator from South Carolina is clutching his pearls over an issue between an Atlanta, GA based business and the state of NY

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

LOL what the fuck….

IMG_3355.jpeg

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

user handle is @laurenboobert, so yeah, prob fake. But still verified; thanks Elon.

In real news, she's shifting from the CO-3 to CO-4 because she barely won last time around, and her opponent smells blood in the water with the whole "handjob in a theater" and "being a terrible Representative" thing. CO-4 is more reliably conservative, and Ken Buck is retiring.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I was thinking “this way too good to be true.”

6. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This country is so fucked.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I use to think AI deep fakes would be the issue for the 2024 election but man, I don't know anymore. A Trump deep fake would have to be so ludicrous to actually draw any attention given the BS he spews daily.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

A Trump deep fake at this point would have to appear to be reasonable.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the guy was hospitalized and just didn't bother to notify the WH he was indisposed for a week? Well I'm sure there's a serious protocol violation in there, but of course it's Biden being painted as the senile oldie who can't keep tabs on his people. Were we expecting him to shove a AirTag up the SecDef's ass just for this circumstance?

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If there was a reason for a congressional investigation, this would fit the bill.

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trumps lawyers are arguing that it's legal for a President to have his political rivals murdered while in office. Hmmmm.....

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Will there be any third party candidates or renegade candidates involved in the election in November? Ross Perot had a substantial impact on the 1992 election, but in my memory, it seems like he wasn't really involved until very late - like September or October. I know that's not possible, or he wouldn't have been on the ballot(s), right? I don't know enough of the state rules and write-in rules and all that.

But, it seems to me, given how crazy Trump is, and how uncertain Biden's fitness is, plus lots of things nobody ever thought would happen keep happening . . . I can see the option that if DeSantis or Haley wins the Republican nomination, that Trump won't just bow out. He'll try and run as an Independent or something. And, if Biden can't show total competence in the Fall, or if bad economics continue to frustrate people, I can see Gavin Newsom or Stacey Abrams trying to get on the ticket, but don't know if they'd actually try as independents.

I just think this Fall is going to be very odd, and not just because it's possible Trump may be in jail or on trial or whatever.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I would vote for RFK jr., and I don't actually care about his vaccine bullshit. The prospect of having to choose between Trump and Biden, again, is just miserable.

17. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Voting for that lying con man won't change a damn thing. It will still be Biden or Trump winning barring the death or disablement of one of them. And if Trump wins you won't have to worry about that whole Presidential election thing again.

tl:dr: Protest votes are stupid, especially for the likes of RFK Jr.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah I really don't care. The main choices are an 81-year-old with dementia or a guy who will probably end up in prison. Again. I'm not falling for that bullshit of a "lesser of two evils." A few cycles of that garbage is how we ended up here. If not him, I'll vote for whatever main third party candidate there is. The first-past-the-post system is fundamentally broken.

19. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not if he wins, he won't.

On that Ross Perot tip, I'd pay a dollar to see Mark Cuban jump in. That's a billionaire who has what the others cannot: goodwill. People actually like him, he even charmed some leftists on their own podcast.