Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Unless independents suddenly break for Trump in a huge way, he mathematically can't win even if every single registered Republican votes for him.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think that's necessary. The winner doesn't have to get the popular vote, just the electoral votes, right?

3. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perot started running in February, but didn't get "recognized" until October due to the fact he bought out HOURS of TV ads and basically pulled an Andrew Tate style campaign to get his name out there. Just plastered his face on everything for a month when everyone is actually paying attention to the election.

Not sure why everyone says "Crazy Trump, Sickly Biden". Trump is almost 80, hasn't exercised since Vietnam, and is NOTICEABLY mentally declining, while Biden has been called senile for what, 3 and a half years and he's stayed pretty much the exact same during that time?

Biden has shown total competence and has actually governed and done a pretty good job as president. I know shitting on everything America does currently is the cool thing to do, but if you look at his record, policies, and the fact he's had to work with a COMPLETE JOKE of a congress, he's actually one of the better presidents we've had. Really wish people would actually associate how well the country is doing in spite of Trump's little collection of dick riders trying to actively destroy it.

Biden would need to be dead for anyone else to run for president. Newsom will get in line for 2028, but the Democrats are fully on board with Biden in all 3 branches of government and it'll stay like that to make sure they continue the united front they have been showing.

Biden easily wins this November, Dems retake the house in a landslide and keep the senate. Then, drunk on their own hubris, they start acting like republicans now and start to defect from their party lines to try and get a more progressive agenda passed, they don't take advantage of their record wins and piss away 2 years of a solid lock on congress.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Correct, but there's about 20 or so electoral districts that will decide the outcome. The majority of which lean blue.

5. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what many thought in 2016.

I still maintain, anyone other than Hillary would've easily won against Trump in 2016.

6. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Democrats going all in on Hillary was moronic. Hell, I think Biden would have beaten Trump in 2016.

But, I think if Hillary had listened to Bill about the campaign she would have beaten Trump even as bad a candidate as she was. Her campaign was terrible and Bill was a great politician.

7. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hillary is just unlikable. I know people who were on her security detail when she was SecState and they said she's not as horrible as many claim; but her issue is that many of her immediate staff are horrible people and that's what people remember.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am in complete agreement with this, and I’ve been pissed about for 7 years now. She’s an intelligent woman, who arguably has some credentials, but she’s a terrible candidate who bungled that presidential campaign. But it was Her Turn, and that mindset precluded any other Dem from really having a shot.

I vividly recall screaming at the TV for her to shut up during debates and interviews. She would make an excellent point, rebuttal or statement, but then just couldn’t resist adding more and more until she arrived at inane or ridiculous statements that negated all of the good things she had said.

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even as a Canadian watching that election, I was like anyone other then her would of won. That is one of the few political hills I will die on.

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"MS. PARNES: Mmm hmm. And I think President Clinton was a little frustrated because he was getting a different sense of things on the ground when he was campaigning. And he would push back a little bit with Brooklyn and say something’s not quite right, it doesn’t feel right, and they would say, no, no, you know, it’s almost like a quaint view of – (chuckles) – of the way things were. And they were relying totally on their analytics and data – mostly, I should say – and they were getting different reads out of that than the former president. And I think there was that kind of push-pull there as well.

MR. SCHWARTZ: So his old-school instincts against their new-school data didn’t work.

MS. PARNES: Right, exactly. He was basically saying send me to these places, and they were saying, no, no, we think you should – you’d be better served if you went to these places. And so that was problematic."

The above is a quote from this article: https://www.csis.org/analysis/shattered-inside-hillary-clintons-doomed-campaign

She just isn't a natural politician and wouldn't listen to her husband who was. It was just insane.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Bill isn't just a natural politician, he's probably the best politician to ever hold the office. He knew exactly who to court and how. Plus he beat an incumbent who was probably the most qualified person to ever hold the office.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looking ahead, if no viable candidate comes up, I won't be voting for a president for the first time in my life.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m just CHILLIN’ IN CEDAR RAPIDS!!!!

What she needed to do was be strapped to a bed and heavily sedated until election day. Not move, talk, or even think since any of those things would damage her. Every time they put the sociopathic shrew in front of the microphone or on camera it was another Howard Dean Yell.

She was a shitty, terrible and unlikeable candidate. Full stop. If you were mad at Bernie Sanders because she lost, you should have ready killed yourself by now because you were the greatest kind of Trump lobbyist.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Her SNL appearance just reinforced how unlikable she is.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Newly-crowned Miss America is an active duty Air Force officer. Best and brightest also beautiful. But, who we are going to have candidates for President of this great country are old idiots Trump and Biden. smh

How did we get here? Damn

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wait. So Biden should show us his tits?

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, no, no. I don't think she's shown any tits and I didn't mean to suggest she had.

Biden needs to wear a bikini and evening gown, though.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think he’s failed that “world peace” part though.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus H. Christ, you are getting more and more desperate to get new posts on the Boobie thread.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In other news, Trump wins the Iowa caucus:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/01/trump-wins-iowa-caucuses/

Okay guys, here's my question: I'm registered as a Republican in Texas. In the upcoming presidential primary, should I vote for Trump, because I don't think he'll beat Biden, or vote for Nimarata/ Rhonda/ Count Chocula/ etc. in the hope that they get the Republican nomination, and Trump runs as an independent, splitting the vote?

Because I cannot - will not - put up with another four years of Trump's bullshit.

EDIT: Count Chocula dropped out.