Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That wasn't a stutter or dementia, it was an old and frail man being old and frail. Remember how the Presidency ages people, and his has been eventful to a fault. He really has no business running again, and I distinctly remember the intent to serve one term and pass the baton. Whether it was his own ambition, or Trump not slinking off into oblivion forever, now he's running again.

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think my opinion was that it never was just a stutter or dementia; he was old and frail in 2020, and now he’s REALLY old and frail. But in 2020 it was “because Trump exists, Biden is not old and frail, it’s just a stutter.” There were posts in this very thread chiding people for saying otherwise.

Trump is an asshole and shouldn’t be president. Biden is so far gone he shouldn’t be president.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Everything's fine guys, the White House says Biden just has a cold.

4. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Stutter Defense was in response to all the bad faith dementia jabs. We all knew he was old but his cognition wasn't in doubt. 2020 Joe would've mopped the floor last night.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because the, “You’re not really seeing this with your own two eyes, it’s a “cheap fake””,” has already been used.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was evident back then. Not to the same level as last night but it was obvious to anyone who’s ever interacted with an elderly person with declining capacity. The denial of this is what boggles my mind. I get the Biden team and media running interference for him. It’s the every day people online that were so bought in that truly makes me sad. It’s the biggest blind spot they were actively ignoring or working against that mirrored Trump’s level of lying and his cult followers acceptance of Trump’s reality. Biden was supposed to be the antithesis of that dynamic.

7. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have examples of this mental decline from years ago that wasn't him just having difficulty getting some words out?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No, the neighbour was a metaphor for that fact that Tim Allen is fucking annoying. He has a unit in philosophy, and Wilson’s bullshit ramblings are Allen using him as a vessel to appear smart. He achieved his education, of course, before he was busted with more cocaine you will ever see in your life and then skated by ratting out all his friends.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Just remember: these are the two greatest human beings in the entire country. And that’s not open for debate. They’re the biggest heroes, the ones the people want the most.

Nobody else.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here he is destroying Paul Ryan 12 years ago. No stutter, no stumbling, on point, sharp. The whole “stutter” nonsense was a weak gaslighting cover. There are plenty of compilations from 2020 on but the new buzz phrase is “cheap fakes.” Another gaslight shattered by last night’s performance.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here he is NOT having difficulty getting words out. You can jump ahead to the 1:30 mark.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trump is so skeevy and didn't do a good job in the debate. Somebody like Paul Ryan or Nikki Haley would have eaten Biden alive last night. Trump was just snarky. I think Biden is going to have a tough time beating Trump, but the Democrats could act now and they could rally around someone that CAN beat Trump. They'd get all the energy of someone young and sharp. It's not just the Presidential ticket. If you're in one of the closely-contested lower ticket races, do you want Biden endorsing you, or trying to mumble through a positive comment about you?

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Man. There were no winners last night. It was beyond pathetic all around.

What the fuck has happened to US politics? How the hell did you get to this point?

We’re all fucked.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there a cut-off to when the Dems can't put someone else on the ticket?

I still say they're going to move Newsome to the front and the only reason they haven't yet is because they'd be pushing a white man in front a female POC and they haven't come up with an angle for that yet.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’m so happy Stewart came back.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The issue here is that Kamala would be the next natural choice and she can’t win a national election. So they get Biden to step aside and then ignore her completely? And then that is followed by everyone screaming about racism and sexism. They replace him with Mayor Pete(or whoever)? And Harris gets to still be the brides maid and never the bride?

Is there a world where you see Harris step aside along with him to create a fresh ticket?

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Literally any other candidate on the stage and Biden would have left in a body bag. How we wound up with the two candidates who are the most likely to lose to one another is insane. These are the people the public voted for. George Carlin was right about the public.

The new ‘who the hell comes up with these fantasies?’ is that Sotomayor needs to retire, Kamala is appointed to the Supreme Court, Biden steps aside at the convention, and Newsom can pick his own VP. Still Newsom sickatates me more than the current two front runners. Ugh.

#22657 Kubla Kahn, Jun 28, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2024
  18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Yes. Because I think beating trump, trumps all else here. Let Kamala try again after she gets all the brownie (no pun intended) points for gracefully stepping aside and letting someone else come in and destroy him.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don't know how popular Newsom actually is, but I hope the backup plan is not the guy who went from a budget surplus to a $47B deficit in a few years.

20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I won’t even say the D word, but nothing is going to make me think that Biden wasn’t dealing with “cognitive decline” in 2020. If you’re at a family cookout, maybe your nice aunt will jokingly say she had a “senior moment.”

Biden, since running in 2020, has had many noticeable senior moments. Source: me. I notice them.

I just don’t subscribe to the Jimmy Kimmel view of “just because Alfred is too old to run the batcave, you don’t hand the keys over to the Joker!” No, you don’t, but maybe you, I don’t know, see what Dick Grayson is up to?

I think they’re gonna push Biden out, which will give dems a huge poll boost…and then the fight will be between the old GOP and MAGA, to try and push Trump out.