Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm no Gavin fan, but the dude is tall, good looking and can speak with the best of them. I think he'd decimate Trump in a debate and would win handedly.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I honestly don’t think that doing well in a debate can truly change a race’s trajectory. Doing poorly can. I feel people often project their own anger at the people and politics of “the other side” into debates and just want to see one side destroyed or humiliated because it feels good or whatever. Like watching a boxing match where everyone loses.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or a golf match. That's how they should do the next debate. Mic them both, let them play 9 holes, ask them questions in between shots.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t know how they do it in a smooth manner but I do think Newsom would clown stomp Trump in debates. It would behoove the GOP to replace Trump if Biden is swapped out but the Trump and the cult would burn the party and country to the ground if it was attempted. Seems like the democrats have far smaller obstacles in their corner. Getting Kamala out of the way I don’t think is as disastrous as the GOP bucking the cult.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Newsom would stomp Trump in a debate, but the problem is that elections aren't decided by debates (unless they're an absolute trainwreck like this one was). If the Dems replace Biden with Newsom, he'll stomp Trump in one debate that no one watches (or more likely, Trump just declares victory after the Biden debate and vacates the field, refusing to debate Newsom), and FOX goes to work running 24/7 "crazy liberal California" propaganda.

7. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Supreme Court ruling in 1984 said that, in cases where a statute regarding the regulations governing an executive agency (FDA, EPA, etc) was ambiguous, the courts should defer to the interpretation of said executive agency. Basically deferring to the expertise of the agency, unless they had clearly stepped outside of the law. This ruling overturns that, and opens the door to much more judicial overruling of agency decisions.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There are many problems with swapping him out, though. Didn't Biden personally select the DNC chair? And how are they going to deal with the delegates that are already committed to Biden, plus you know, a real late start on fundraising.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t think so either, but the national conversation would completely center around getting rid of the first black woman to be the president. If they were willing to vote for her as VP, why not President? GOP would descend on the Dems calling them racist left and right.

We can say that VP picks don’t truly matter but then Sarah Palin wrecked McCain’s campaign. Palin is also a white trash drooling moron. Harris has an issue coming across as genuine and likable. I think she would uphold policies that are important to me, but that’s not how a lot of people vote.

She’s not stupid though. If she truly cared about actually having a dem win should Biden drop out or something, she would step aside for someone she knows can win a national race. But these peoples’ egos are so off the charts crazy, they rarely do the thing that should be done because that would mean not ascending to power.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any swap really relies on convincing Biden to drop out and release his delegates.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Believe me, a lot of us are trying to figure this out too.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit, one of them won't be able to walk more than a few feet withour falling down and the other without having to pause to catch his breath.

14. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Thr doppleganger had a night off.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They need to keep replicating that lighting. Actually looks like alive and not
    a paper mache nursing home resident.

Attached Files:

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We'll see if it bears out in polling, but there were a few focus groups of undecided voters who reported breaking for Biden after the debate, particularly Latinos. It could be the case that Trump's absolutely unhinged rhetoric on immigration (that let's be honest, went well beyond actual immigrants) may have scared them more than the prospect of Biden keeling over did.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My speculation? They gambled that having SOTU Biden wasn’t gonna play well. Being hepped up on goofballs would have made him seem super crazy with no audience, muted mics…all Trump would have to do is talk in a reasonably calm manner (for him). And it backfired.

So today they hepped him up real good.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

hey siri, I sounded good in this debate, what's the quickest way to fuck this up?

voters have a shorter memory than Biden. The debate will be old news in a week, and Biden's saving grace is that it was early.