Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, in this opinion from the court it specifically states anyone working in the oval office is protected as well. This would include the vice president, so she can shoot him without needing to play any semantic games.

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The project 2025 shit is terrifying and somehow going as smoothly as you could hope for.

I wish I was hearing shit like "oh the legal nuances are lost in the media" or "this doesn't actually work like this in real life" or "the media is exaggerating the impacts of this"....

I am not. The Chevron roll back and giving the White House immunity, where the only accountability is a distant fear of impeachment just upended the balance of power. Unelected judges can now shut down federal agencies, and the president can do literally anything and be free of consequences.

It's very much a fascist playbook, and it has worked like a fucking charm thus far.

Every politico I have heard from is legit terrified. It's the government equivalent of seeing the weird kid in home room pull a gun out of a backpack, and the teacher look the other way, and slowly walk out of the room, locking the door behind them.

Again, the larger context for this, when NK is invading Ukraine, which if that doesn't mean we are in World War 3, what the fuck does, is so much worse.

I am not exaggerating in the least when I say the smart people, on either side of the aisle, are fucking scared. Scared.

You've got half the country where it's illegal to be pregnant, and they are trying to making it illegal to be queer. The SC rolled back over 200 years of precedent in a WEEK. They have gutted the J6 prosecutions, which is about as loud a message as you can get.

The idea that I am fired from my job, or sent to prison because of my political leanings just became so much more real. This is happening, it's fucking on the table. This is in print. Not some conspiracy theory, or whack a doodle idea. It's in the goddamned plan. Project 2025 is upwards of 700 pages, and it's THERE. They just cleared the deck.

No fed agency can stop it, that was gone with Chevron. The president can delegate these powers. That's the thing people forget. He is immune, and can pardon, but he can also delegate so the criminal actors never come off the street. This immunity is transferable.

We are 6 months away from this shit happening, and they are not dog whistling it or lying about it or burying it in a bill with loads of other nonsense. They published it and are executing it, and just cleared the last remaining obstacles.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I wish that chick had been aborted so I would never have had to hear that joke.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If her mom had spit on that thang... just sayin...

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Lmao no one is throwing you in jail for your political beliefs.

Agreed.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friend is on a 6 month work assignment in the UK, and his British coworkers have, unprompted, sent him info on the permanent visa process.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You laugh, but there are many, MANY people on both sides who would love to throw their opposition in jail, just for wrongthink.

And any law/ rule that makes it easier for them to do so is terrible.

8. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, it is in the fucking PLAN. I'm not making this up.

"Purge/remove/prosecute federal employees who are not reliable."
    "Remove LGBTQ people from government service and bar them from higher positions."

It's not fucking funny, it's REAL.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So much shit in the past few years has been ignored with "oh, please... that'll never happen..." only to have it happen. "Roe v Wade? It'll never get squashed."

I'm honestly at a loss for words over how this shit is going down, and people are just ignoring it or letting it slide as "no big deal".

They are boiling the frog, in public.

This is not going to end well... and you have so many people that are on board for the ride as willing passengers.

It boggles my mind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/01/us/politics/trump-liz-cheney-treason-jail.html

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Future historians are going to be baffled by the fall of the United States.

"Were they experiencing economic decline?"
    "Nope. Richer than ever. Richest country in the world."
    "Foreign invasions?"
    "Most powerful army in human history. Adversaries were terrified of them."
    "Then why?"
    "Its citizens were really dumb. Like... you cannot wrap your head around how braindead these motherfuckers were."

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Trump is a fascist and Biden is way too old, maybe I'll vote third party..."

[​IMG]

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

At this point he might be the most viable candidate. During inauguration, do they need to do the oath of office once for him and once for the brain worms or does just one time for both cover it?

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worm died from malnutrition. Once should suffice.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

for non-legal people, why would imposition of sentence not be necessary? He was found guilty, correct? Or is this giving Biden time to laser sight the drones?

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's pushed back to September because the SCOTUS decision is going to create a flurry of relevant legal filings. Trump's team is going to argue that the prosecution used evidence that SCOTUS has now ruled inadmissable in all potential prosecutions of a former President.

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, yes. Thank you.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG] [​IMG] Jesus Fucking Christ.

Attached Files:

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But that's an official act by a president, right?

20. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, it actually came out before the 2016 election and didn’t really affect anything.