Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well if the DNC was concerned about protests (rioting) at the Convention before, it's certainly going to be lively regardless of what they decide to do with Biden. There's bound to be one group or another that is going to feel jilted.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't understand how anybody voted for him before, but I don't understand how anybody votes for him now. if that's true. I don't know what that screen grab is from. Does Trump, or his team, say he didn't do those things, and those are just allegations by Katie Johnson? Or, are they saying it doesn't matter if he did them, because he's immune from prosecution?

Also, what's the difference between a "natural lesbian sex act" and an "unnatural lesbian sex act," and is the court just referring to the other minor as a "sex slave?" Like, it's just already established that that is her official designation? That's disgusting, too.

3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, can someone explain to me how that's possible?
    This guy has RAPE allegations and he became the FUCKING PRESIDENT, but Louis C.K. got cancelled.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Trump denied it all and the accuser dropped the suit. That's probably why nothing came of it.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because if you were to watch fox news or one of the other even worse networks, none of this stuff is reported to them. They only watch fox and they literally have no clue whats going on. My wife's family only watches fox and they never have any idea about the bad or shitty things done at the hands of republicans. And the concerns they raise mirror exactly whatever dipshit on fox happens to be yelling about. But god forbid Rashia Tlaib runs her mouth(again), it gets all day coverage. They have a well-oiled disinfo machine and their supporters eat it up.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd assume "unnatural" means she was forced to but she isn't a lesbian? Like if you were forced to BF a dude but you're not gay.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahh, thank you. I don't pay enough attention to know all that. So, then he just says his opposition made all this stuff up.

That's great, the people get to decide between a guy they're not sure if he raped a 12 year old, or a guy they're not sure if the elevator stops at each floor anymore.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also worth noting that at the time she dropped the suit, her lawyer said it was being dropped because she had received threats and was too scared to continue.

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just putting the context out there, since I googled it.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Drudge is already putting up articles as if Biden decided to drop out. Don’t see anything else saying so, must be trying to increase hits

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's nothing official, but there's definitely some "tea leaves" indicating it's moving in that direction. A trusted Democratic pollster started circulating a really damning post-debate poll, there's been one or two small intentional leaks to NYT about Biden's thinking, etc. We'll see how it goes.

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know there’s more rumblings about it, he’s just already polling people about who Kamala picks as VP.

Completely separate from Hunter Biden’s legal issues, though, hearing that he’s suddenly coming to more meetings seems kinda suspect. Kind of a creepy “elder abuse” vibe while they try to make a decision.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the Camp David trip was a pre-planned vacation, but turned into a bit of an impromptu family discussion on the campaign. I really hope someone like Ron Klain turned to Hunter at some point after a particularly poor piece of advice and asked "what are you smoking?"

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMG_6413.jpeg

15. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they're going to nominate Kamala there's no use in Biden stepping down. Holy shit is the Democratic party stupid.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There's a big closed-door meeting today that Biden is having with some of the more powerful Democratic governors, politicians and donors. Something is going to happen.

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This meeting should have happened a year ago. Changing horses now, even if the current horse is lame, would be a massive clusterfuck.

To echo SouthernIdiot, holy fuck is the Democratic Party stupid.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There were rumors they were thinking of going with Michelle Obama. Probably untrue, but man I can't imagine the look on Kamala Harris' face if that happened.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That'd get around the whole "white man to the front" thing. She would trounce Trump but I highly doubt it'll happen. Newsome gets a dreamy look in his eye when asked if he's going to run, Michelle looks horrified when asked.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That feels like it came more from the right than the left. Michelle polls well, but that's mostly because she is explicitly not interested in seeking office. She has said it a thousand times, and after watching how her husband was treated, I don't blame her. But the right keeps up the idea that she's going to be ushered in at any moment in order to maintain this "Barack Obama is still secretly controlling everything" narrative. I think the party wants Whitmer, even if only for geographic reasons. Even if you sacrifice Georgia and Arizona, if you can sweep Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, you've got this thing locked up. As a woman she would help drive the pro-Roe vote as well.

Andy Beshear is another interesting name, due to his popularity in a very red state, but I think his name recognition is too weak even for a late-stage switch like the one being contemplated. A Presidential race is a pressure cooker, and he hasn't gotten even the minimal scrutiny that Whitmer has gotten due to her prominent position during COVID.