Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Because being a president’s wife makes you qualified to be president. What is more annoying— that it keeps getting brought up, or the fact many Democrat voters thinks he’s actually the best person fur the job?

Dynasties are fucking annoying.

#22741 Crown Royal, Jul 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2024
  2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Maybe...? Didn't Whitmer declare a few days ago that the Democrats had lost Michigan? But if she can hang on to her home state, then probably. I doubt they'll take Pennsylvania though. Wisconsin definitely.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he steps down now, Harris would be running as the incumbent.

Our news cycles and lust of public political consumption is so different than it used to be. Biden and Trump debated before either of them actually have the party's nomination.

Biden has been in the public eye as a politician for a long, long time. He was elected as a senator in 1972 - that's longer than most of y'all have been alive. I'm sure he does love his son. He might just be tired of it, and the recent month of things has been his breaking point. Like, I mean, legitimately as a person, as a family man, and someone who wants to put their well-being first, he might just say, "I'm out."

I've known a couple people personally who went to Washington, thinking they were going to serve the people and be noble. It's so disgusting, they quit, despite that they'd have been re-elected easily. They couldn't shake the stink.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Politics is Hollywood for ugly people. Like Hollywood it is a disgusting machine that chews you up and shits you out, but here you win your precious little statuette by being a better fake ugly actor than everyone else around you.

So it’s either for you, or you leave the set vomiting after fifteen minutes because of the pigs— the absolute soulless cash whores that surround you.

Sounds like your people did the right thing. It’s best to leave the party early before the devil shows up.

5. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw a report that Biden and Harris dialed into a campaign conference call, and he said he’s not leaving. Source said it sounded scripted but definitive.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as it sucks for the campaign, I have to imagine they'd be among the last to know. You need them working full speed until and unless the final final decision is made.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t think you have a career like Biden and just give up that easily. People that far into the Washington political game are a special breed of narcissist. People like McConnell or Feinstein hold onto their power until the bitter end. If he steps aside it’s going to be after some major cajoling from outside forces. I don’t know if Jill is running things like the right likes to claim but she sure hasn’t seemed opposed to sticking it out.

I read a NYT article today that basically confirmed everything the WSJ article did. Ohh what one month and one debate makes.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I took it to mean that they were using sex-toys; ie: things not found in nature.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go on........

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he hadn't already been President, maybe so.

But, hey, last time one party's incumbent was ousted by the other party's challenger, it was George HW Bush losing to Clinton, and George W appointed Hunter Biden to the Board of Directors at Amtrak. So, maybe Trump wins, then Ashley runs in 2028 to keep the circle going!

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean... good to know, I guess?

[​IMG]

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

the deep state hasn’t gotten him hooked on the babies yet. Sure he’d break the promise if he was elected.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This reminds me of a story from LBJ's early career in the '50s.

He told one of his campaign workers to spread a rumor that his opponent fucked a goat.

The campaign worker balked, saying that no one would ever believe it.

"I know," said Johnson.
    "But make the sonuvabitch SAY that he didn't fuck a goat."

#22754 dixiebandit69, Jul 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2024
  15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t see the problem here. I’m sure that Russia, Iran, North Korea and the Republicans will all courteously agree to limit their shenanigans to between 8 am and 8 pm Eastern standard time so Joe can get some shuteye.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty good breakdown of the recent immunity decision:

tl;dr: "among the top 5 worst Supreme Court decisions in US history."

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reminds me of the China-virus* lockdowns, when authorities asked criminals to "please stop committing crimes."

*It came from China.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...-13-year-old-lawsuit-katie-johnson-allegation

I'm calling it now: Biden steps down, Harris steps up within the next 3-4 weeks, maybe as soon as this weekend. All these back room meetings with donors and governors is to get them on board, and start auditioning for her VP slot, without it being leaked. Most likely after RNC/DNC, or as soon as Trump says who his VP will be. They'll also start coordinating with down-ticket races, to see what needs to be adjusted.

Biden's team is counting on three things: a defense vote, where anyone is fine, they are voting AGAINST Trump. That's your California, New York, etc. Biden can't reliably win the swing states, but a black woman would stand a better chance of winning Georgia, Arizona and Michigan, and would have a decent chance of flipping a Southern state with a large African-American population. Dobbs has made female voters reliably anti-GOP, and the project 2025 rhetoric will continue that. So, Harris will perform better nationwide than Biden was and again, Biden polls terribly his entire life and was pretty even. (Also media bias on polls, if it's a landslide for Biden, it doesn't exactly made headlines). Lastly, Harris doesn't own the quagmire of Israel/Gaza, immigration, etc. and can leverage new messaging.

Harris really hasn't been part of the media bllitz, so her first few engagements will now be nationwide news. Let's just imagine for a second a prosecutor in a debate with Trump in September, especially an angry black female one. Trump's bully schtick looks terrible against this kind of opponent, and he hasn't had 4+ years to craft messaging about "sleepy Kamala". The Biden campaign has been slow-walking their spending, so they can hit a blitz in September, getting Kamala's face everywhere, and I'd bet good money her team has been crafting speeches, messaging and even meme formats for months now.

Swaths of Millennials and GenZ only come out to vote for this kind of candidate, even if they don't actually like her or know her policies.

She pulls in young voters, African Americans that Biden was slipping on, some of the moderates and Liz Cheney republicans, women by and large, and avoids the further fragmentation of the left. Also, after we've seen the way Obama was treated, the AA vote literally has a score to settle, and a mad Black woman is the perfect embodiment of that rage.

She's not popular, and she doesn't have the acumen/history, but we literally won't care. This has been the plan going back to 2019, and it's been executed to perfection.