Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If this was the plan back in 2019…why didn’t they set her up in 2019? Or was it all based on her primary performance back then, which was over before voting? In short, why wasn’t Young America feeling that way about her back then?

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you serious?

She was literally put in charge of the border and did JACK. FUCKING. SHIT.

Kamala might as well be black Hillary.

And how is the mess in Gaza Biden's fault? That is something I seriously don't understand.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Kamala is the highest-ranking diversity hire in the land.

4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's nominate someone who's less popular than Hillary when our democracy is literally at stake. Because they're all in on identity politics.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Okay…. Let’s throw on the recording of her laughing the thought of throwing the parents of truant school children in jail, since we keep forgetting how shitty of a person this is.

“You know I get DOWN at the cookout!” Fuck you, bitch. Another Howard Dean Yell to use against Democratic hopefuls.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Biden owns the tepid response to the hard left on the Gaza issue. I honestly don’t see Kamala doing much better quelling the situation but seems to be winding down naturally.

The border is another super duper deception from the left I won’t be forgetting anytime soon. It remains to be seen if voters punish them for 20 years of gaslighting only to flip flop totally in an election year because of some bad poll numbers.

I once thought she and Cory Booker were the biggest rising stars of the party based on their well spoken fiery rhetoric. She used to be the can’t wait to see how she eviscerates the opposition in Senate committee hearings Senator. As a lot of people with prosecutorial backgrounds do. I tend to favor well spoken pointed speeches like this. Apparently once she is out of that arena she has some major personality traits that had her flung aside in the primaries pretty quickly. Not to mention her prosecutorial past locking up the same people they desperately want not to anymore.

Still, probably a better shot than running Biden. That said you’d hope they try and field a better candidate than her.

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I keep saying that Gavin is going to run but I'm rethinking that. I don't think he's sure he can beat Trump and if he loses, there goes his chance at the presidency. Better for him to sit this one out and wait for 2028

Putting Harris in is a disaster. I agree with Dixie, she was given one job and didn't even bother going to the border for years.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Hard to move past her supporting legalizing weed possession after she spent years throwing people in jail for it.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Newsom is one of the best surrogates in the party (no one can go into an interview or a debate and slap a Republican in the face like he can), but he needs to put in a lot of work to be likable enough at the top of the ticket, and he just can't do that on a restricted timeline like the one being proposed. His best shot is 2028 if the Democrats lose 2024 (and we still have elections) or 2032 if they win. But we'll see if his ambition allows him to accept that delay and uncertainty.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Democrats put themselves in such an odd position. They pushed identity politics for a decade in order to put minorities in positions of power, but have ironically narrowed their Overton window of acceptable candidates in general. They would have a real hard time selling someone like Gavin Newsom as the replacement nominee over Kamala Harris.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plus, it would fuel all the white man over a black woman discussions which would instantly dominate the news cycle.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Here’s the best (funniest) take on all of it. Imagine if the Republicans got a black woman as POTUS— It would be scorched earth on identity politics. Third-wavers would have no choice but to tolerate it while their heads explode with rage:

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

recap of Biden’s event/interview Friday:

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure he fully understands how many people on both sides of the aisle are discussing his need to step aside. But the point that all the people who voted for him in primaries should be counted is valid.

15. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, party primaries wherein the sitting president has to compete to keep his party's nomination, are a joke. Nobody in their right mind runs against a president from their own party. That said, 13% of people voted against Biden in the primary, a larger percentage, as far as I can tell, than has been typical for any primary as long I've been of age to vote.

#22775 Fiveslide, Jul 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
  16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If that was supposed to reassure anyone I just don’t know. Same glazed stare, same sputtering preloaded answers. To his credit Stephenopolis pushed him on the single most important question. Will you take an independent cognitive test? Tactically Biden has to refuse. If he fails one the legislative branch would have to assert the 25th amendment if he further refuses to leave. Kill his presidency and campaign in their tracks.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the real problem here is that Biden's campaign has adopted a strategy that would work if they were up 10 points, but in reality they're down 5. Turtling and weathering the storm is fine if you have a strong lead and can afford to shed a few points, as long as you can stem the bleeding. It doesn't work when you need to aggressively make up ground over the next few months.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

But then what? Even if he wins, which seems impossible at this point, we're left with a drooling vegetable. The only responsible move is convincing or forcing him aside.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He wins, then they replace him.

I want to go on record saying that I predicted this during the primaries, only I thought it would happen about a year into the term.

I can't help but think that there would be a lot less anxiety over this if the Dems had, you know, picked someone qualified and likeable as a VP, instead of a diversity hire who isn't even liked by her own race.

Also, I'm going to say this: Kamala should really make scarves part of her wardrobe. Whenever I see her, I don't know if she's going to start talking or gobbling.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's not a drooling vegetable. The interview with Stephanopolous wasn't impressive, but his answers were coherent and engaged with the questions asked. Ironically he's far more capable of being President than winning the Presidency. The big danger for the country is that he's down in the polls and needs to make up ground with the least engaged voters. I haven't seen anything that indicates he's up to that specific task; he doesn't have the vigor and ability to counterpunch effectively.