Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So then what do you think happened during that debate? That was a complete fucking shit-show, and it gave MAGA a treasure trove of clips to use.
    Yeah, you and I know that Biden isn't ALWAYS that incoherent, but undecided voters are going to decide this election.

Also, I don't believe that excuse that he had "a cold" for a second, unless this is the cold medication they gave him:

Fluform.jpg

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's my point. I'm increasingly convinced he isn't up to the task of winning the election. At his worst, he's what we saw in the debate. At his best, he's the soft-spoken coherent-but-unimpressive answers of the Stephanopolous interview. The latter simply isn't enough to offset the former in our (social) media environment.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He's done, dude. He's not capable of doing the job anymore. Plenty of reports of him just being out of it in meetings, not remembering people and uttering one cringe-inducing line after another. Now he says he needs to not do anything after 8pm so he can sleep. I'm not sure if he can handle 4 more weeks, let alone 4 more years. The Democrats just need to force him out and hope Kamala Harris does better.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you mean now, so Harris runs as the incumbent?

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Maybe? She wouldn't be an incumbent unless they removed him from office ahead of the election. They could just ride out his term with him and not have him run again in favor of her. Either way, he should not have a second term.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Otherwise, the Party admits he's not fit to run again, and that fitness just happens to end exactly on January 19? That would be weird.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That's a fair point. I don't know what the answer is, but things can't move forward with Biden. Just beating Trump isn't good enough.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Beating Trump is all that matters.

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Always has been, and that's how we ended up where we are now.

How about some better candidates, born since the Vietnam war? How about ranked-choice voting?

I'd argue that this is an even worse lineup than Hillary vs. Trump. I don't know what Hillary would have done if elected in 2016, but I'd wager it probably would have been Obama 2.0, and we wouldn't have had to listen to Trump's bullshit EVERY FUCKING DAY.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That's the problem, and it's why Democrats might ironically lose.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don’t get me wrong… beating Trump is all that matters, and the Democratic party is fucking it up.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sometimes I wander into deep left twitter just so I can bask in amazement at how out of touch, self-sabotaging, and genuinely moronic people can be.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dude. 99% of twitter is that. No need to call out the left or right.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A good chunk of Twitter is just openly-fascist pieces of shit, half of whom are being replied to by Elon Musk saying "concerning", but there's something fascinating about the corners in which leftists will attack a borderline-communist trans activist because she thinks people should vote.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Biden isn't dropping out of the race and he's going to completely trounce Trump in the election.
    Biden is old, he's not a vegetable. Not sure why all of a sudden after 3.5 years of a relatively normal presidency, everyone has decided to jump on this weird bandwagon of, "OMG!!!! Biden lost a debate and now he's definitely incapable of running the country", while his opponent in the race has shown over and over and over and over again, he's actually one of the worst presidents in recorded history and since he's been out of office, has not managed to come up with even one coherent policy to run on. Please, someone tell me something Trump has campaigned around besides made up bullshit or Project 2025 nonsense which he now is claiming he knows nothing about?

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a lot of stupid people out there, and some of them only vote for who looks cooler.

Also, Trump can just say that gas was cheaper when he was president, and people will vote for him.

I KNOW/ WORK WITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

Don't tell me that Trump can't be reelected.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trump's leading in the polls and has been for a while now. It got worse after that debacle of a debate. Biden looks and sounds like a frail elderly man and that's not going to get better between now and November. Policy simply isn't going to move the needle for undecided voters at this point.

#22798 SouthernIdiot, Jul 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2024
  19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Americans voted on policy, Biden would be leading 70-30. But he's not, sad to say.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And only about 60% of voting eligible people will go to the polls.