Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When you've reached the point of actually grabbing a rifle and shooting at a Presidential candidate, your actions aren't entirely rational, so there's definitely going to be a gap somewhere in his thinking. We don't know what his motives are yet (and we may never know) but there's plenty of possible motivations that would fit, given the reality distortion that internet rabbit holes are capable of.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s also being said that the kid was in a BlackRock advertisement, so let’s just add that into the craziness too.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BlackRock has reached that WEF-tier of conspiracy nuttery where you don't even have to allege an actual conspiracy theory any more. You just point out the vaguest most tenuous connection, and just assume the blanks will be filled in for you.

5. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some neo-Nazi & white supremacist literature suggests an event like yesterday's attempt will start a 2nd US civil war or a race war. There are consumers of that media that think if they (or a fellow believer) acts as a false flag, they'll be the catalyst to finally get the civil war started.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

While we're at it, any word on the involvement of the Jews?

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Couple of thoughts:

It's weird he only got off one shot with an AR.

It's weird he was immediately killed. Not unexpected, but slightly weird.

It's weird this happened in one of the most purple, mid-tier suburbs of the most important swing state in this election. Like, I know Trump is going to campaign where he needs to win, but he's held rallies in very solid red territory as well.

Trump's fist in the air moment is probably THE IMAGE of the 2024 election. It's fucking iconic, and the fact that he knew to do it is...weird.

I worry that the Secret Service will have to account for how the shooter exploited what liability in their security, and what system of checks failed to catch it. There is no world where the Secret Service has to publicly explain how they go about security at a Trump rally and it works out well for everyone.

It's weird we haven't seen a social media history/diet, a manifesto, etc. yet.

It's weird this happens shortly after the CEO of Twitter and world's richest man pledge to support Trump.

Weird, weird, weird.

8. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or, maybe, just maybe there are several "Thomas Crooks" in Pennsylvania.

Screenshot_20240714_151233_X.jpg

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Conspiracy theorists don’t even need to make a point anymore. The “rubbing your chin” emoji is the coin of the realm.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

AP article about the shooter

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Color me shocked a government agency drops the sole single purpose ball. I was really shocked entering the corporate world how often complete incompetence on every level doesn’t always mean a more competent company wins out. Half assedry abounds yet still leaders in a given industry. How most people people/companies/agencies etc coast on mediocrity and have no real drive for excellence. Shit like this happens and it goes to the old internet saying, “don’t ascribe to malice what can easier explained by stupidity.” Secret Service is supposed to be the gold standard but what really is the current work/leadership culture really like?

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everything I've read says he fired eight shots. Trump was nicked in the ear and there was one dead and one injured in the crowd. I don't think one bullet did all that.

Edit: there were two wounded.

#23013 SouthernIdiot, Jul 14, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
  14. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's actually a vapor trail left by the bullet. It's the same concept you see in high speed passes by fighter jets, just on a much smaller scale.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It looked to me that when he first stands up, he has a "holy fuck, I almost died" look and then I swear I see a look come over his face and then he looks defiant and raises his fist.

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And we won't see it unless it supports the right narrative; see the Nashville shooter.

I think it's kind of funny that he's a registered Republican, but that doesn't mean much.

I'M a registered Republican, but that's just so I can pick candidates during the primaries; I voted for Nimarata Haley this year, just as a "fuck you" to Trump.

17. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rumor mill has it supposedly about Epstein since Trump's name came up several times with regards to pedophilia and sex trafficking. Would explain why a lot of the usual media is being very careful and mum about it.

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’d buy that. He’s at a rally, he gets up freaked the fuck out and the crowd starts roaring. Then adrenaline and showmanship combine into Trumpiness.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So my conspiratorial friend posted this today:

IMG_6456.jpeg
    IMG_6457.jpeg
    IMG_6458.jpeg

The way it ends - that “the government is not your friend, nobody is coming to save you” stuff - that’s probably what the shooter was reading.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m not buying into any conspiracy nonsense, but some of these are legitimate questions.