Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's also the fact that until they're lining up the shot, they basically look like any other attendee. "Angry white male who gives off 'really wants to commit murder' vibes" is like 40% of the audience at those things.

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

True. But the article says he was spotted “on a roof 30 minutes before the shooting.” Maybe there were a lot of roof spectators all day?

3. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Freddie DeBoer's got some spice here. This sweaty guy has an AR-15, a 191cm target, and got the ear. Abe's 173cm and his guy hit him with a pipe shotgun, triggered by an iPhone, and didn't miss.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

150 yards doesn't seem like much... but this ain't no casual Saturday afternoon at the range.

I'll tell you, that time when you're targeting a deer for the first time, even at 100 yards, if you're not trained, your heart rate is going through the roof... adrenaline is pumping like a motherfucker... you're breathing like a freight train... and you have problems seeing shit. I missed my first deer at 100 yards. And I didn't expect to have people shooting back at me once I let my first round off. Nor did I just have a run-in with a local LEO who may or may not have blown your plan so you're feeling rushed.

I cannot imagine how much that effect is amplified if you're taking aim at Trump.

That shot at 150 yards is far from a "sure thing".

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pittsburgh local news is reporting that the neighbors have said they saw Trump signs outside the shooter's family's house over the last few years.

6. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Yea, it's a little facetious. Judging from what some of the rangework I've seen 150 yards is gonna be hard for many even under good conditions.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On top of all that, he’s hearing people shouting “HE’S ON THE ROOF! HE’S GOT A GUN!”

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

When (and before) Booth was apprehended and shot for killing Lincoln, he was beside himself with anger on how he wasn’t perceived as a hero in the press and public opinion. He truly thought he did the correct and just thing.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Looks like they have choice but to spin this as him being trans.

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are we still depraved enough for a “they already look it” joke?

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Look who you’re asking. Put a wig on him and he’s having sex with Sam Bankman-Fried before sundown.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These seemingly mundane paragraphs are actually insane when you think about it:

[​IMG]

I don't know how Trump makes so many unforced errors and none of them matter. Any human being with a normal psychology might be feeling survivor's guilt in the immediate aftermath of someone taking a bullet meant for you, or at the very least feeling empathy for his widow. Even lacking that, the obvious political answer is to reach out. But he just fucked off and played golf instead.*

And then on her end, so committed to the politics that got her husband killed that she rejected a condolence call from the President of the United States, because her husband is apparently still telling her how to think from beyond the grave, and what his eternal soul wants is to "own the libs."

It also highlights how much better of a person Joe Biden is than Donald Trump. Even for this nest of vipers, he has empathy.

*edit: Senator Mike Lee posted a video of Trump golfing yesterday, but has updated it to say the video was posted yesterday, but not taken yesterday, so the latter half of this sentence is not true. The first half about fucking off remains.

#23113 Aetius, Jul 15, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
  14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

strictly speaking as a target, under those circumstances, I highly doubt I could make that “moving head sized target” shot even in a very good, supported position, with something like my AR10 and leupold setup that’s dead nuts on at 100 yards. If it was stationary, better odds, but I’m still not giving myself favorable odds. Under those circumstances, again strictly speaking as a target, I’m aiming center mass and hoping for the best at like a 50/50 chance, and I’m assuming I’m gonna jerk the absolute fuck out of the trigger in the process.

and I’m used to making that shot, and do so about once a week on various vermin, including yesterday on a fox which was chasing my cat. Hit it center mass at about 100m-ish. I still cannot fathom the complexities of all that adrenaline. Shit it would be hard to keep the target in the scope.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Link? Ive gotta read the rest of that

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sad sad sad. At that range you should be dropping French knights like flies

[​IMG]

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

okay shooting at the French is completely different! Give me a good frog jigger and let’s get to work!

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

DemoRanch releases video addressing trump shooter wearing his shirt. Says he does not discuss politics on his channel.

Weirdly, he has removed the "Make Politicians Afraid Again" hat from his online store (webarchive link)

20. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I, as an OIF/OEF vet and product of Appalachia Pennsylvania, I do not care for Vance. Contrary to his opinion, he does not speak for the Appalachia experience...he exploits it. He thinks his 4yr enlistment, with one deployment as a Marine combat correspondent makes him an expert in military affairs & geopolitics.

Personally, I think he's a grifter with zero ethical compass.