Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're forgetting that unlike fiction, real life doesn't have to (and rarely does) make sense

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're having that moment when you realize that every single one of the hundreds and hundreds of people you pass going the opposite direction on the highway could kill you if they wanted to with a simple movement of their wrists. Only one of them has to be having a bad enough day.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What they have to do is relax. Go on vacation. Retire. Vegas, baby—that’s money. A beautiful room at the Mandalay, get a nice view of that country music festival and start “hitting the slots”.

4. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The problem with that stuff is, who is "they"? From everything I've read it's just a handful of fringe dozen dem congressmen out 400+ making any kind of noise with everyone else in support. A lot of this stuff is little more than the media desperate for a horse race and doing ANYTHING to get Trump reinstated as God Emperor of the United States.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only a few have come out publicly (although a sitting Senator and a soon-to-be-Senator like Schiff are not fringe), but all the reporting from people who are connected is saying that leadership like Schumer and Pelosi are aggressively getting the ducks in a row to force the issue. They also pushed back the date for the "paper nomination" of Biden, which only the movers and shakers are capable of, and that's probably the biggest sign I've seen so far.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t get the “erhmergerd! Wireless detonator!” All it would take is some googling until you found the right terminology and find the best device for it on Amazon. I’m sure there are a million and one products that could wirelessly actuate a device. They haven’t disclosed how sophisticated the actual “IED” was or if it was even functional. The Columbine tards rigged up propane tanks as “bombs” that didn’t go off and one of them just ended up shooting one for fun during the rampage.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s been wild to see them spin in the last few days, “Trumps shooting has taken heat off Biden” “Biden can win according to 538!” “Schiff confronts Biden to drop out.”

8. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will not discuss IED construction here, but anyone with an interest in anything involving electronics has the knowledge of how to make a remote trigger.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

$50 on Amazon will get you an RC controller and receiver. Stupid simple.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's like seeing every time an 8 year old Jr tried to tell his dad what he did that day

[​IMG]

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I can buy an RC car for like $15 at Walmart. Moving the wheels one direction or another is a “trigger” isn’t it?

Doing bad things isn’t complicated or difficult. It’s lacking the moral compass so much that you get to the point of actually putting these things into action and cause destruction and harm that’s the hard part. Most people have that “I probably shouldn’t actually do that” voice in their head. We hear about the once who don’t.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Trump Jr was obviously completely full of shit and everything he said was slanted or straight up lies. But..... am I the only one that thinks he did well on the microphone? I thought he performed better than J.D. and a sounded a shit ton better than Vance's wife. My prediction? He runs in '28 or '32.

Fuck, I hated even typing that.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a spot of skin cancer the size a pea removed from my temple and the bandage was so large, I had a hard time fitting a hat over it. I have no doubt that if the bullet Mike Tyson'd his ear, that a large bandage would be needed.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

when trump dies you don't think maga dies with him? Or at least becomes a fringe movement, rather than guiding the GOP?

fuck I can't wait until we go back to a "normal" republican candidate I can vote for again. Not sure I'll ever see that again though

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It doesn’t have staying power. It’s a cult of personality. Greene has the charisma of a wet fart and the IQ of one. When any of the “normal” politicians try to do the Trump thing, it’s falls flat and looks stupid. Did you see Gaetz last night?

When he does eventually die, not a single person who supports him right now will ever own up to it. “Ya know, I never really liked him. But he was the nominee.” Shit like that.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Moderates might but not the guy down the street with multiple “guns, god, and Trump” flags nailed to his siding. Honestly the left has been trying to shame republicans for decades that they are racist, sexist, homophobic, etc etc. Every single position I’ve held has become an ism. I don’t support the guy because I think he has a personality disorder and I do think the J6 stuff is serious but I don’t subscribe to the apocalyptic framing the left does of his agenda. Yes, I’ve always supported a strong border and it’s not racist to prioritize it. No I don’t think cleaning house at government agencies and filling the spots with people that share the same ethos is the end of democracy. The left has filled the spots and structurally arranged the departments to push their ethos. This isn’t some new idea. If he ends up getting reelected I’m with Bill Maher. Smoke a dube and not worry about what you can’t control. I stopped reading the news as fervently as I had in the past when it all became a fever dream when he was elected. Started back up once the covid stuff died down. Just not going to let it bother me.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The problem is this completely anodyne way of describing what Trump intends to do. He's not advocating for a "strong border," he's calling for, in his own words "the largest deportation force in history." By their own numbers, they plan to deport 1 in every 20 people currently residing in the United States, including people who have been here for decades. It would be the largest forced migration since the Partition of India. It would be 10 times the size of the Irish Diaspora. You think there's any way to accomplish that without massive abuses of civil liberties? Both for the illegal immigrants denied due process, and the legal immigrants and American citizens subject to what will undoubtedly be unprecedented levels of racial profiling? Then there's the fiscal and economic impact. Currently it costs ~$10k per deportation, all-in. That puts the total figure of this deportation exercise at $200 billion in taxpayer dollars. Plus the labor vacuum this would create. The last time a state tried an immigration enforcement even a fraction this aggressive, it cost hundreds of millions of dollars in crop losses in a single state.

As for Schedule F, it is far more nefarious than just "cleaning house at government agencies." It is the Unitary Executive Theory on steroids. Despite what Republican theorists have been claiming for years, the Executive is checked by the other branches, which includes obeying laws passed by Congress about how the Executive operates. This isn't about policy, this is about the massive number of times during the first Trump administration when a career civil servant responded to an instruction with "we can't do that, that's illegal." The goal is to replace those people with ones chosen solely for their loyalty to Trump, and their willingness to break the law on his instruction. It will be a disaster for the rule of law, and as a side effect it will absolutely destroy the institutional knowledge and expertise of these agencies. It will drive off anyone who actually knows how to do the job. It will be especially brutal on positions that require scientific expertise; I am reminded of nothing so much as Deutsche Physik. It's not about cleaning up government, or reducing the size of government, it's about corrupting it.

18. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Maybe because they are? Everything I see coming from the republicans AGGRESSIVELY supports the lefts claims about them. There's a big difference between supporting strong borders and buying into the idea that immigrants(especially those seeking asylum) are subhuman parasites seeking to undermine and replace white people "Great Replacement" style.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Florida is going to Florida.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In this case it was Georgia.