Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The new name is, "North India."

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know we did just spend July 4th weekend in Canuck Niagara and the number of Indian restaurants along the main drag, tremendous. Kinda wished we'd stopped at one of them because I love the food, but it certainly was not for lack of opportunity.

3. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure this is a real post.

My takeaway is that tRump is upset that Biden stole his thunder and that the past 4 years of slander branding was a total waste of time and money.

The timing for this is great on one hand you have Hulk Hogan stripping at the RNC and then the other you have someone placing nation ahead of ego and stepping down for someone else.

Even if Biden was forced out by some Democratic Elder Statesman cabal in the narcissist's mind it was done as a personal attack.

[​IMG]

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Please don't interrupt my racism with kindness.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Expect SCOTUS to set a new precedent on that at some point in the next few years.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

sounds like you and I live in the same type of area. The people who supported trump the first time around still don’t support the dems, but they are also very vocal about not supporting trump now. They aren’t voting top of the ticket, or doing a protest write in. And they’re happy to tell you that. I’m trying to think right now and I cannot think of one person who at least vocally has said that they intend to vote for him. Even those I know who say they do support trump, also say they don’t intend to vote for him on moral grounds. It’s more of a “at least he’s not a librul! But also look at this asshole!! I can’t vote for this shit!”

time will tell if, like the polls, they are lying

To your second point about Biden dropping out, yes absolutely the dog caught the car. They wanted him to drop as a talking point about him being unfit. But they never actually wanted him to drop. This election won’t be about policy issues (sadly), and you don’t wanna have the more sickly candidate.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't see Trump beating Harris. His campaign has some advantages (money, cult status, violence), but I see her cementing the demographics Biden was struggling with (women and African Americans), and having no reason to play nice with Trump. Biden had to stay above some of the fray, so the DOJ investigations didn't look biased. Harris can take the gloves off, in a way that Biden simply can't.

Again, this election plays out in 6 states. Harris does better than Biden in NC and GA because African American and everywhere else because woman. I can see her still losing OH and AZ, but carrying NC, GA, MI, and PA. Depending on how hard she goes, she could make Florida and Texas appear a bit more purple. The #1 issue that's killed Republicans has been Dobbs. Having a woman candidate be front and center on that might be a game changer...ie, polls are trash, but we don't know how voters are going to react to this kind of historic ticket.

We also don't know how hard Harris is going to go. The fundraising took off, which she'll continue to build upon. I think Trump will always have a cash advantage, but Harris will have the Clintons, Obamas and Bidens out stumping for her. She'll have a head of steam, messaging-wise, and she won't be constrained by the same things Biden was. This is a blitz campaign, and after the DNC, she will make it painfully clear Trump is too old to keep up. She is 100% coasting on hype, and will quite literally ride that all the way to victory. She just has to keep capitalizing on "historic candidate, Biden's hand-picked successor, maybe some hopey/changey Obama stuff too!". Any time she's asked "what's the plan?" is a problem for her. No policy, no platform, beat Trump, have brunch. That's the fucking plan.

The first debate with Trump and Harris will exemplify that. Trump has for 8 years, not had to share the stage with a competent adult, much less a prosecutor. If he doesn't drop out, that just became must see tv. She has the ability to make the entire debate about Trump, and I'm so glad we're spared the prospect of her putting me to sleep to the tune of JD Vance whining.

Also, Biden is now a much more dangerous player. Lame duck President with immunity...He can now press all the issues Trump is sensitive to, without risking the appearance of bias. This is a key advantage: Biden runs the ship, maintaining the status quo on investigations, Harris can message ruthlessly, because she's not in charge of DOJ....yet.

Pretty soon, we'll have some major polls showing how Harris is polling against Trump, and it'll be a blast to watch that little gap widen like a chasm.

Also, keep in mind: this is the first election GenZ is expected to show up big for, and overall 63% of them vote Dem. They are ecstatic to vote for Harris, in the same way Millennials voted for Obama.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a hell of thing to say about the man you voted for FOUR years ago. As for the rest, I don't think I've seen you this optimistic in a long time.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He can barely string a sentence together, he's not going to be some Machiavellian puppet master lol. If he was that shrewd the Democrats wouldn't have forced him off the ticket.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im not sure a Trump/Harris debate is gonna be that lop-sided, really. Harris has a tendency to sound like she’s trying to hit the minimum word count, especially when asked about policy details. Trump will just keep up the “I was awesome and they made it suck, but I know you know everybody knows I’m awesome” bullshit.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it weird that Biden's letter to drop out of the race was written on the "Joseph R. Biden, Jr." letterhead, instead of White House or Presidential Letterhead? Or, did he do that because of policy with running as a candidate and not as the POTUS?

Y'all, I think there is some serious concern with his health. I don't mean general cognitive decline. I mean, he has so substantially deteriorated in the last 6 months, that it's possible he's not still alive come January 20th. I am not wishing that on him, I just have close family members that I've seen this happen to, and man, it does not look good. Whether Trump or Harris wins, I hope he's alive for the inauguration, because I think that's better for our country. But it sure doesn't look like he's going to be.

I also think it's weird that after he released the letter, he announced it on Twitter which is where he first endorsed Harris. I know he doesn't know how to use Twitter, so how much is coming from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave that he is even aware of?

upload_2024-7-22_17-34-2.png

12. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

There's a gulf of difference between old and ill and mentally deficient. I work at a pharmacy and see shit where people legit need or should have some life assistance. Biden is just old and has a shit stutter and doesn't have the go around for it. I do agree in that I'm not sure he'll spite fuck the repubs, but that's more him not being a spiteful fuck.

I think he really did get sick with something* and it took a LOT out of him at a really bad time when there's a lot of scrutiny on his age and health.

* We know he got covid, but now I wonder if he got hit with something before that or it was bad early and it's waning, but still there.

#23292 doomrider7, Jul 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think that makes sense. He’s making that decision as himself, not as President of the US.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My wife just learned that India is, in fact, part of Asia. Thanks Kamala!

15. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny, here in NY those Trump supporters are doubling down and proudly proclaiming, “I’m voting for the felon.”

I suspect that what a lot of people say out loud and what they do at the ballot will be vastly different.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think the fact that he didn't address the nation directly via recorded video or live feed suggests there is something more serious going on with him. It was a very strange way to just walk away given he was adamant about staying in a few days earlier. That fact that his wife has to guide him around like he's a retarded child doesn't bode well for his health in the long term. I hope he's generally okay, but he went downhill very rapidly in the last few months.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he's just not nearly as ok with the decision as he and the party wants it to seem, and he's worried that he wouldn't hide it well during an address. There was some reporting that Pelosi basically said "we can do this the easy way, or the hard way" and forced his hand.

18. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I commented about in an edit that he likely got hit hard either with the covid or something prior that as well as BS by the media. I do think it's a health issue, but not a cognitive one is my take.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

From what I've read, she threatened to release non-public polling data that shows how poorly he is perceived. All due grains of salt with that.

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did it involve a horse's head in his bed?