Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When it looks & sounds like sedition...it's sedition
    Screenshot_20240722_203714_X.jpg

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He’s old and stutters, and that’s that.

It’s just that all those congressman couldn’t go out and pretend anymore that he isn’t old and doesn’t stutter, and have it not affect their elections.

3. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't help thinking of the warehouses full of Chinese-made "FJB" merch that will end up in care packages to the third world.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Calling it now:

Trump pulls out of debate before the Harris campaign is a month old.

Swifties for Harris is the death toll for the MAGA movement. MAGA will go after Swift just like every other celeb that makes the giant orange baby cry, and they will find the fuck out.

5. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Swift hasn’t been getting involved with any sort of stance yet this year, although I imagine the dems are begging her to. It would be a fan-led movement at the moment, and maybe Trump would be wise to stay quiet if that were the case.

6. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

She heavily encouraged her fans to vote which is anathema to republican values.

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, touché. I do know a good amount of her fans are upset she won’t be more specific, but she is a rich white woman who doesn’t want to lose part of her fan base.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Polling is completely fucked. Quinnipiac just released a poll that had Trump +19 with 18-34 year olds, and Harris +11 with 65+ year olds. It's less than worthless. Going to be interesting moving forward without the ability to accurately gauge the sentiments of the public at large.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Similar to the Obama candidacy, you'll have celebrity endorsements start pouring in shortly.

Also, with an election this...pivotal, I think the mob will demand anyone who hasn't already pick a side. Neutrality is not tolerated. This is the first GenZ election, and they will be pandered to just like the rest of us. Swift will have to endorse someone, and I don't think she's risking fans by supporting a historic female candidate over....well, a rapist. I mean, what fans is she losing there? Go ahead, imagine that dinner table conversation...it ends with "T. Swift mentions in divorce filings and custody battles on the rise" as a Buzzfeed headline for Christmas.

Once Harris wraps up the DNC, and Trump refuses to debate her, and basically ducks her at every given opportunity...the writing will be on the wall. The MAGA movement will be dead the moment Trump shows he's afraid of Harris, and she won't waste time giving him inspiration to fear. He can whine about unfair and the Dems tricked him or whatever, and some of his base might believe it, but...eventually he will run into someone he can't bully, and Harris is a pretty good candidate for that.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the polls keep going towards Harris, they will have to stage another shooting.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Menendez is resigning also. How corrupt do you have to be to deal in actual gold ingots?

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's something darkly funny about a senior citizen thinking "I may have to run for one it one day. Clearly I should convert my wealth into one of the densest metals known to man."

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Meeting with Egyptians in a hotel room to do an influence deal with a suitcase full of gold. That's like something you'd see in a Naked Gun movie.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

lol, Trump was literally almost murdered a few days ago. Murdered. Dead. You think he's afraid of Harris?
    https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/23/trump-kamala-harris-debate-00170732

Or Swifties? MAGA blowhards might "go after Swift" but Trump won't officially. He and his campaign knows most Swifties won't vote. I doubt she concerns him. Besides, she likes selling records and concert tickets. Republicans shop for those, too.

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like how Trump being nearby when some other dude was shot and killed has been transformed into him staring death in the face like a lone Jon Snow drawing his sword and standing his ground in the face of a cavalry charge. That dude is scared of so many things.

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He wasn’t staring death in the face, but it did whiz by his right ear enough to clip it, so, I mean…we can reframe it as “dude got spooked by a loud pop” if we want to, I guess, or say things like “I don’t wish he had died, I just prefer he wasn’t alive after that point”

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I mean I also have an aversion to being shot in the head, but yeah, it doesn't make me Audie Murphy.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I think Trump is scared of a former prosecutor turned political opponent. He's a noted germaphobe and is afraid of going to jail or prison, specifically because of his fears. Trump's hardly Rambo because he got shot at...it's too much bravado for the equivalent of a sucker punch. He knows the information about him Harris is privy to as VP, and I'd say he's afraid of it in the hands of a prosecutor with an axe to grind. I would be.

He also knows he has to contend with Biden as sitting president, with immunity and a whole DOJ to shove up Trump's ass for the next 4.5 months. Kamala has the ability to say things Biden cannot do, and Biden has the ability to do things that Harris cannot say. Hell, Trump has to contend with the reality that if he says the wrong thing, Biden could set Trump's empire aflame, and there's not a Goddamned thing anyone can do about it. Lame duck, Supreme Court immunity, and if Harris wins, no DOJ inquiry. Worst case scenario, Biden checks the fuck out and whatever Harris says do, Biden agrees out of an interest in what's best for the campaign/party/country. Trump went from having a chance of beating Biden, to now being doomed to find out how dark Dark Brandon gets.

I don't agree that the Swifties won't vote. Hell, the GOP base lost their shit when Swift merely encouraged people to vote, which is as innocuous a message as we'll see for the rest of this campaign. This might be the first election for most of the Swifties, and they are a legit voting bloc. The fact that it's for a woman candidate, after the Dobbs decision, after calling Harris a childless cat lady, after the constant scandals and smoke about Trump's proclivities....Show me a female voter who wouldn't take T. Swift's endorsement as icing on the cake. By and large GenZ votes Democrat. If you somehow extend the Swiftie umbrella to Millennials, it's still 60/40 for Harris. The suburban moms who can afford $1000+ for T. Swift tickets are the exact demographic that Trump lost in 2020, and they haven't gotten warmer to him since then.

I go back to the idea that if The Rock and Elon Musk are declaring for a candidate, then few celebrities can afford to stay on the bench. Given that much of Trump's base won't espouse him publicly, the idea that a celeb can forego the "who are you voting for" question is simply not viable. You will say someone, or it's assumed your a closeted Trump voter, which will be worse (if you're going to vote for a fascist rapist, own it). Swift is one of the world's largest celebrities and she's THE celebrity for the flyover and swing states. She will be asked, and the answer will be "Harris, duh", because supporting a geriatric rapist over Harris is career-ending for someone like Swift.

When she does, the MAGA universe will respond with their trademark tweet storm of sexist ass gargle, and in Swift they will have met their match. There's just no realm where Swift gets attacked by that crowd and it doesn't go nuclear. Trump can't control his base, and it won't take long for this to get out of hand. Trump doesn't WANT to deal with this, but he'll have to, if for no other reason than the world's largest pop star said she prefers his opponent. Then you have Trump and his base sitting atop a pile of ugly sexist accusations hurled at one of the world's most beloved figures. It tanks him, because the only way he gets on the feed of some of these people is if he crosses swords with Swifties. It tanks him, because people who were otherwise content to ignore him now can't. We know this fallout, we watched Harrison Butker experience it a few weeks ago.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't even think about that. Does the VP have all the same knowledge as the Pres? Or do they get informed about aliens and shit if something happens to the Pres and the VP takes over?

I think "Dark Brandon" is going to focus on "Not Dying" and not go after Trump at all. We will see.

That's because the moron Reps have just as thin skin as their Savior. I know people that turned off Kid Rock during the RNC because he went back to drinking Bud Light.

Don't mean to sound like I'm arguing but it just came off as if Taylor endorses Harris and now this is going to be a blow out election. I still feel Trump has a decent shot mainly because Harris is just so damn unlikeable* and his base isn't going anywhere. You usually have good insight on Govt shit and I sure hope you're right. I hope it's so lopsided that Trump goes away and takes all his idiot minions with him.

*I haven't heard of a single person who wasn't going to vote for Biden, but now will vote for Harris. Sure, she'll pick up some people who will vote just to say they voted for the first female POC Pres but she's also going to lose some votes because talks in word salads and she turns people off.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depends entirely on the President and how much they choose to share. Some VPs are totally frozen out, and barely do anything the entire term, whereas a VP like Dick Cheney probably got reports before Bush did.