Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also think it works because when they are called scary or dangerous, it’s empowering to the people who want to be perceived that way. They want liberals to be scared of their potential violence. All the civil war talk.

When they are called weird or creepy, it’s alienating, and raises deeper insecurities. It might bring back repressed memories of bullying from middle or high school. “No one likes you, ya know!” “Why are you always so weird?!” I think it works because it makes them feel ostracized, which is good.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

apparently she was gonna use this strategy if she beat out Biden when she primaried him. It's fascinating to watch, and I love that everyone is jumping on it and using it in their speeches too

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We’ll see if it has legs. Taunting Trump with name calling could be poking the bear. He’s trounced dozens of competitors with childish name calling. It is not lost on me that he was the one that brought this tactic successfully to the forefront of politics. He’s reaping what he’s sowed. Though, Kamala and the left are really benefiting in this situation because of the media and most of social media companies running interference for her. Defending or suppressing post that show the modern freakazoid left flashing their trans tits at the White House or buttfucking in senate chambers, pup play, and all the other aberrant behavior they just want to be left alone about but can’t help publicly trying to shove down people’s throats as normal.

4. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is also the nagging feeling of “okay so she’s calling him weird, but if the general public picks up on this tactic, a few of the weirdos might find an undefended sloped roof”

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can always find weirdos on the left, but I think the core distinction is that the right has elevated their weirdos to candidates and policymakers. Democrats don't have to go digging for some twitter account or since-fired low-level staffer to find weirdos, they can just quote the VP nominee talking about how women who don't have children aren't full citizens, or play a clip of a Fox Business contributor talking about how Harris sucks dick, or quote the party platform on almost anything in it. It's less that the Republicans have weirdos, and more that they've held up those weirdos as alleged normies and party standardbearers.

There's also a key distinction between people who are weirdos about themselves and their personal lives, and people who are weirdos about what they think about your life and the control they wish to exert over it.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah you’re right the left certainly doesn’t push legislation to further the fringe weirdo policy stances or elevate weirdos to prominent positions. Amending Title 9 to protect biological men competing with biological women or banning schools from sharing child health care information from parents. It’s always been easier to dunk on Christian busybodies, and rightfully so in a lot of cases, but to claim the left doesn’t have it’s share of eye popping platforms off the deep end of the weirdness spectrum is disingenuous at best. If the feelings and perceptions of the ideologies is on the table of the debate the left really doesn’t have the sure footed high ground it thinks it does.

7. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was really weird to read.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

what's weird to me is that not enough people are talking about how she would be the first female President. I think that counts for something.

9. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't want it to count for something.

Like I know there are people who will vote for her just because she is a woman, just like I know that there are people who will not vote for her because she is a woman.

I just don't want it to be a factor that is used to market her viability as a candidate.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

upload_2024-7-31_13-56-35.gif

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I want her to have a full gynecological exam live-streamed before I vote for her.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What are you, a Florida middle school principal?

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is she running as a woman? She unveiled a fun new southern accent during her campaign stop in Atlanta. I can't wait to see what she unveils next!

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

US Olympic Team physician.

16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it'd solve a lot of the pointless personal attacks we've seen thus far.

JD Vance: "Why doesn't she have children?"
    Harris gyno: "Because, her pee pee is bigger than yours, JD. Yes, longer and thicker. Don't even try to say girth, hearing you pronounce it will make me vomit blood."

That'd explain why Trump is afraid of her, too...it'd be great if we got past the dick-measuring part of the campaign early.

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The California ones would watch them use the classroom litter box.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

She's running as a woman, but she identifies as a #winner

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

holy fuckup batman. This is so much worse to watch

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Apparently his team pulled him early to try and stop the hemorrhaging. lol

Anyone who thinks Trump is a "sure thing" is delusional right now... the swing towards Harris is real, and entertaining as fuck.

"They're just... weird". lol It's funny because it's true.

The GOP are imploding.