Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found this little blurb interesting:

That would have been some complete insanity.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

5. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Susan Smith would like a word.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s a ride-or-die bitch right there.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

9. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I could steal Dixie’s catchphrases for a minute: remember when right-wing radio was talking how people were accusing George W. Bush of literally steering Katrina toward New Orleans, in a plot to decimate the minority population? Because I do!

Anyway, here’s this.

IMG_6841.jpeg

#24230 NatCH, Oct 4, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2024
  11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That just goes to show much more powerful a president Biden is than Bush was!

upload_2024-10-4_17-9-0.jpeg

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously Georgia, WTF? Quit sending this dumb bitch to D.C.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it just the algorithms I'm seeing or is the Left botching the Helene response? Usually when an event happens, my Lefty friends on SM have their talking points and my Righty friends have theirs. Currently a few of my Lefties have a few blurbs about the economy doing well and then a shit ton of Righties talking about the non-action by the Govt to help Helene victims. Sending 700 National Guardsmen from Tenn to the Middle East isn't helping the optics right now either.

It will really suck ass if all this destruction and loss of life actually help propel Trump to the WH.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

There is simply not enough manpower and money available for the level of devastation. They are doing the very best they can. I know dozens of people in Florida who received levels of damage ranging from "this really sucks" to "time to rebuild." I have extend family and acquaintances NC who are still unaccounted for.

Every single person I've spoken with thus far who has been impacted has not had a single complaint about the response, or the government, and normally this group of people skews extremely far right. The reality is that the people with an internet connection to shout their opinions right now are not the ones who have been directly impacted, and IF the victims can even find an internet connection, they are using it to seek aid and send proof of life, rather than connect with the media to share their political opinions of the response.

15. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the algo and people just straight up lying. The right wing response has been people parroting Trump telling lies from day one about relief funds, governors being ignored by Biden, etc etc. The newest things I've heard the last two days, FEMA doesn't have enough money because Biden spent FEMA funds on bringing in illegals into the country, private companies and people with helicopters/planes are getting arrested because the government hates people from this region and wants them to die, people using AI generated images to show people dying/suffering or showing images of the North Korean president helping people in a flood while saying Biden isn't doing anything, people already claiming the government is stealing their land and taking over the area to make into federal land because they want to build areas to house illegals.

The reason it looks like the left is "botching" the response is because the right is doing nothing but lying and making political hit pieces from a disaster and the left aren't fucking ghouls who need to politicize helping people recover from one of the most widespread natural disasters in US history.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lets also not forget the sitting republican congress woman from Georgia claiming democrats seeded the storm and directed it through the areas it went through because those are MAGA areas and it helps them win Georgia/North Carolina in the upcoming election.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Halloween is right around the corner. Maybe the Left needs to become ghoulish to make sure they keep Trump out of the WH. Get someone likeable in front of a camera calling the Right on their bullshit. KGP calling Trump a liar at a WH press conference isn't working.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the algo. The right is just deploying a flood of lies right now, because they know the online ecosystem is totally unable to check it in any meaningful way. You can dig into a bunch of them, but the most obvious one is Trump claimed that the Governor of Georgia couldn't get Biden on the phone, when there's video of the Governor of Georgia saying that he just talked to Biden and is getting everything he needs.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

First election cycle everybody?

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's always some level of shenanigans in the late stages of a campaign, but this is the first time in my life I can remember a candidate just openly generating falsehoods about an ongoing disaster, tricking people in real need into thinking no help is available, purely for political benefit. The lies have never been this blatant and shameless, and they've never been as amplified by social media.