Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I would argue that COVID was all of that for 2 years. That aside, I'd imagine the Democrats would have an easier time controlling the narrative if there wasn't a senile 81-year-old at the helm of the federal government. Lame duck or not.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The AI generated images of Trump "saving" people that is appearing to be believed by a shit-ton of people is just fucking mind numbing.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's impressive because it's so obviously fake on three entirely different levels:
    1. The images are obviously AI generated and do not look like photographs.
    2. Trump's character would never lead him to climb a power pole or wade through floodwaters to help others.
    3. Emergency services would never allow a nearly 80 year old man to wander into floodwaters as part of their relief effort.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't consider that impressive, I consider that to be insane cult behaviour that is both depressing and concerning.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What is hilarious right now are all the idiots that invested in Truth Social totally shocked that they're losing all of their money.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never seen someone so stupid that your jaw drops a little and your only reaction is awe at God's Perfect Idiot?

I actually think if Trump wins that the price will go back up, at least temporarily. The entire point of the venture is to create an avenue for foreign interests to funnel money directly into Trump's pocket. They do that by buying up shares, goosing the price, and then letting Trump cash out his shares while the foreign interests eat the "loss" (read: bribe) when it crashes back down. If you hold for too long you'll get fucked, but I think there will be a window where you can ride the same exit Trump will. But only if Trump wins and he's still worth bribing.

7. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a little botching going on, but certainly not due to those wildest theories you've mentioned. Because FEMA's hurricane relief play book isn't built on experiences that they're seeing with this particular situation. There's a massive difference in accessing sparsely populated mountainous areas without roads than a coastal city in which you can typically find a way quick around a washed out beachfront road. There's inaccessible places that need aid that you can't even land helicopters anywhere near. I think it's likely there have been delays in FEMA adapting to what they're encountering. They're also aiding people that haven't experienced this level of devastation from a storm, so those people don't know what to expect.

The media is nothing if not transparently biased, so I'd expect the truth is somewhere between "everything is perfect and everyone is getting what they need" and the crazy that is "FEMA is confiscating donations".

8. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You'd be surprised where the National Guard will land or hover a helicopter
    031110-A-A3544-1010.jpeg

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure those guys are being absolute badasses when they can.

I have property southwest of Ashville. I can recall many, many places they're not getting a Chinook in.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, he said the military was there in full force, but the civilian contingent really helped fill in some gaps in the response.

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

“I AM…IN A WORLD…OF SHIT.”

IMG_6853.jpeg

13. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As more time passes, Elmo looks more and more like Palpatine.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I read that apparently he does that jump trying to make an "X" with his body as some kind of forced meme thing? Holy crap they both look dead inside

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally worth it to own the libs.

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FEMA is in the news for a lot of garbage: government creating hurricanes, fema spent all the money on migrants (no, not even fucking....no), on and on.

There are accounts spoofing our senior officials.

And Melvin is unfathomable, and going to wipe 40% of Florida into the Atlantic.

If yall see any of this shit, shoot it my way. We are trying to keep a lid on this stuff, and Congress people spouting lies are not the kind of issue I thought I'd be combating at this stage in my career.

Counter point: God sent two people to shoot Trump, now he's sending hurricanes.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The first thing I'd like to point out is that some people can't get the name right, gah. It's Milton.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMG_6871.jpeg

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

that we know of. And now the FBI is reporting that he actually hit his ear on the podium.