Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard the last hurricane didn’t actually hit Asheville, but Asheville got hit when it fell and bumped into the Smokies.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

There are still trump signs around, but I've also seen a lot of "vote conservative" signs in tandem or instead of the maga signs.

4. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Pretty sure that's been a thing for a long while now especially with the major tech issues the cars have been having the massive fail the Cybertruck was. A lot of the valuation on the company is fairly known to be BS(it's valued more than every auto maker in the US combined ffs) and heavily propped by gov subsidies and comtracts if I recall same for SpaceX and that other satellite one.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

her husband is though. Trial of his duties as first gentleman.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He needs to go through his Illuminati humiliation ritual first.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s an interesting time, everybody is antisemitic now.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WTF? This isn't a political opinion.

"There was some blood after multiple bullets landed near him and he was tackled to the ground by multiple large men in an uncontrolled manner" isn't proof that he was hit by a bullet, and at the same time it's also perfectly reasonable for the default assumption to be that he was hit by the bullet. Man gets head shot at, man has bleeding abrasion on head. This isn't some high tech Batman lab where they recreate the bullet fragments and match them up with patterns on Trump's ear. The hospital is going to look at the wound, listen to the patient, and write it up that way unless it's clear and obviously wrong. Nobody has to be acting maliciously here.

The FBI director openly acknowledged to the house judiciary committee that they are unsure about what caused his injury. Photos of Trump's ear shortly after the event don't show any significant marks, so it's reasonable to question whether a bullet would would have been the cause of the blood, or something else. It's also absolutely in Trump's best interest to say that it was the bullet, no matter what actually happened, and nothing about that man should ever make you believe a word that dribbles out of his slack, orange cake hole.

I'm not sure I see the problem here. Trump was shot at. It's a Bad Thing For America if political candidates are shot at. Whether his ear was actually touched by a bullet is okay to discuss, and doesn't change that attempted assassinations are a Bad Thing For America.

I don't want the guy killed by a sniper bullet during a political rally. I think the world would be a better place if he choked to death on a cheeseburger quietly in his own home. But political violence isn't a good thing.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it’s clearly to Trumps benefit that it was a bullet then the opposite would not be for his benefit right? Who benefits if it was not a bullet? Keeping the idea alive that it might not have been a bullet is a narrative that is being pressed to minimize the incident. Pretending it’s only just some simple statement of fact is disingenuous at best. The reason it is still in the zeitgeist is because the media and campaign don’t want Trump to benefit from it. Nudging the narrative isn’t space laser level conspiracy. Very gross it’s not just “political violence is not a good thing” period end of sentence. So yes, how it’s being used in the media is a political opinion.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I don't even know what to make of (public, not TiB) political discourse anymore. Things that actually matter are rarely discussed, and never in any consequential detail. The things that don't dominate. Completely absurd.

Case in point:

We'd rather discuss (read: bullshit) on either side about whether or not FEMA did a substandard. Neither side wants to admit anything to their detriment and they amplify any legitimate criticisms beyond their due importance.

Meanwhile, neither candidate has discussed how they plan to mitigate the of potential global semiconductor production grinding to a halt due to key supply chain companies being located in the impact zones in North Carolina. I would bet good money neither could tell you what a semiconductor is. We are truly putting retards in charge of the country and no one seems to care.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I minimize the incident by pointing out that a Republican who supports political violence shot at another Republican who supports political violence, missed, and killed a third Republican who supports political violence, and that is neither the fault, nor the problem, of the rest of us.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else find it strange that the sourcing for this quartz, the second most abundant mineral in the Earth's surface, is so rare? Silicon is fucking everywhere on this planet.

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you miss the part where the director of the FBI participated in a house judiciary committee questioning and stated, on the record, that it might not have been the bullet?

This isn't some conspiracy theory that's being floated in underground circles. It is a discussion of the facts at hand, and one of those facts was the person who led the investigation stating in open questioning in front of congress that they aren't sure it was a bullet, and subsequent photographs which don't look like much of an injury.

And frankly, why am I supposed to give a shit about this? Trump has been clamored for violence practically since he stepped foot on the scene. So no, I don't think it's particularly gross that the man who pathologically lies and has been screaming for political violence for years, is getting nitpicked over whether he's lying about the political violence he experienced. If you want to talk about disingenuous, let's start with the fact that this is a direct result of his own violent and untruthful rhetoric and yet I'm supposed to somehow find it distasteful to wonder about whether he's lying for political gain.

No. I don't find it gross.

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But also, that same FBI director put out a statement two days later that it was a bullet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna163896

This is what I found when trying to verify what Nerds said. In the interest of just putting it out there.

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, I have no particular dog in the fight about whether or not it was the bullet or something else. I read the same thing.

My only point is A) the theory that it was not a bullet wound came from a real source and wasn't just a politically motivated lie, and B) Trump has made a grotesque mockery of the entire political system, calling for violence at every turn, so the whole finger-wagging, "ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves for talking about this" line is patently ridiculous.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What's stranger is that semiconductors are manufactured at all. Conservative estimates put it at about 500 companies in the supply chains, with countless single points of failure. Even a power grid failure in the Netherlands would take out ASML alone.

For that mine, the quartz is such an exceptionally pure quality that it's used to make the crucibles around the world that are used to melt the quartz that goes into silicon wafers. Without it, wafer fabrication runs the risk of introducing pollutants in the process, and high-end chips can't be made in that case.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hospitals have huge issues right now with saline supply due to the biggest supplier in the US going down due to the damage from Helene. That may sound mundane, but it's not. Saline is a critical component of many procedures. Surgeries for example.

We've allowed too many monopolies to form and anytime an area gets hit with a pandemic or a natural disaster shit's going to go badly. Capitalism is the only economic idea that makes everyone's lives better, but you have to put restraints on it.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"We can't manufacture salt water; the factories are too full of salt water." Ironic.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can pretend like it’s just some statement of fact when it’s clearly being pushed as a narrative to lessen the political benefit of Trump. It can be both. Hell he was asked about it in the committee hearing to clarify it to counter this narrative. So both sides are tactically trying to use the situation to their benefit. It would appear the left isnt above using it as a tactic even though they have the moral high ground in the situation. It goes beyond indirect lines of this topic. What is really gross to me is that it took some doxxing and real world consequences for people to tactically shame people into using coded language, used even on this board, into not cheering for or outright calling for his assassination. Lets you know where the opposition’s base really stands on the topic.