Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the things I find most baffling about people who are super critical of government programs is that they want to fund them less, but simultaneously want them to work better and provide more support. I get being concerned about waste and efficiency, but... the cognitive dissonance feels strong.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to know how reporting goes from "two trucks of armed militia" to arresting a single hillbilly and assurances from law enforcement that he acted alone?

Once again, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#notallhillbillies

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Canada are you guys gonna go to war with India or what? They're flipping out because Canada is investigating assassinations on Canadian soil?

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you.

So far...yes. It has impacted the number of folks we can send out in the field, and the rhetoric is hampering the response in more ways than just boots on the ground. The bottom line is if we can't reasonably guarantee the safety of a responder, they don't fucking go. We proved during COVID we can do our jobs remote, with a few notable exceptions. We simply are not in a position to take these threats lightly. It slows things down, and makes them more expensive, but that's what happens when you deal with stupid cunts.

This particular incident was escalated because the initial report went to another federal agency, and when it comes from someone else, we're just more likely to take it seriously, because why would someone send a threat to FEMA to a completely unrelated agency....

The folks making these threats are one thing. The platforms allowing it and spreading it, and the politicians pouring gas on it....Accountability for this is coming, it simply has to. We can't have another election cycle where there's no repercussions for lying to the extent it gets people killed. I had enough of that with COVID.

The threats against FEMA personnel aren't new, we go through this time and time again. The volume and rapid proliferation of these threats and their underpinning lies is unprecedented, and we are just trying to do our jobs.

We're not through with hurricane season yet, and we've barely seen wildfire season begin. The Disaster Relief Fund was allocated $20bn the last continuing resolution and we've already spent half that. The politicians are holding disaster survivors hostage and keeping them from their legally mandated support and assistance.

Again, we are just trying to do our jobs. The "leadership" we have should facilitate that or at least shut the fuck up, instead of making it harder.

#24385 downndirty, Oct 15, 2024 at 4:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 5:12 PM
  6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Shocking, I know. Not just investigating, but investigated and found some major fucking issues around diplomats being complicit in an assassination.

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have you tried forgetting the disaster relief and just listening to music?

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

::Ave Maria plays for forty awkward minutes::

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was wondering how big FEMA’s “thoughts and prayers” division was…

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's friggin yuge! People say it's one of the biggest, one of the best divisions ever. You have never even seen a division so yuge. Off the charts. Its so big and beautiful, it does all these magical things. I'll tell ya, it's so amazing, I heard from Marjorie Taylor Greene, do you know Marjorie? I call her Sporkfoot, she calls me Shart Fuhrer, great lady, anyway she tells me that's the division that creates all the hurricanes, and the wildfires and the rest of the weather the government creates, that nasty criminal Biden government creating weather and sending after my beautiful supporters in Stalingrad and Doyoy and i mean Georgia...You know it's gotta be so yuge, such a yuge division, if it's gonna control the weather.

Biggest division ever. You can't even believe how yuge. There are people who call me up to tell me they can't believe how friggin yuge it is.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

12. doomrider7

doomrider7
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good thing Trump wasn't a dog or Noem would have put him down.