Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Him firing Mueller would be inexcusable. I think you would see actual impeachment proceedings if that were to occur. Not only that, Congress would immediately appoint Mueller as a special prosecutor and there would be nothing Trump could do about it.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point though, why would the SCOTUS even be expected to hear the case for the travel ban? There's really been no dissention between the lower court rulings, and unless the SCOTUS can point to a real miss in the process (which would open up a whole new can of worms), I'd more than likely expect them to choose not to hear the case and let the lower court rulings stand.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently this is Trump's view on the presidency...

[​IMG]

#3143 toddamus, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jimmy and I had a back and forth on this a few pages back. It's actually a fairly complicated case as the constitution gives the president wide latitude on immigration and near total latitude on travel. Then there's the question as to what extent the first amendment extends to non-citizens, and how exactly to reconcile security concerns with discrimination. Long story short, it probably does merit a hearing on the supreme court.

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's an interesting discussion. I think the president's argument for the ban would hold up better if he had actually included countries that have a provable connection to terrorism and events that actually happened. In addition, the arguments that are hurting his cause are where the legislative language says one thing but his outside statements and tweets clearly tell a different interpretation. And that's what Sally Yates did when she refused to uphold it.

I don't remember her exact language from her testimony but it was when she spanked Ted Cruz.

Essentially, if he could just stop tweeting and being a retard, he actually might have gotten his order to be upheld. Instead he is cutting off his own balls and blaming the dems. Additionally, calling them nothing but obstructionists without a hint of irony is super juicy. Considering the GOP has complete control of each part of the government.

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While I agree, there's been no sense of a split between any of the lower circuit courts; so again, why would the SCOTUS hear this case other than to just reaffirm the lower courts decision?

That being said, I have heard rumor of Justice Kennedy wanting to possibly use this case as an opportunity to overrule the Korematsu internment decision, but that's not been confirmed.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching sessions read his script which appears to be written in size 48 font is a bit sad. That script is obviously written very specifically, but what he's saying clearly aren't his own words.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

....such as over 80% of his big budget business ventures. Remember when he sold his Trump Shuttle planes while they were in mid-flight?

This isn't just a guy famous for fuck-ups... he actually went out of his way to fuck up.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Can someone please explain to me how it is legal for Sessions to not answer questions under oath, when said questions don't involve classified information, and Sessions himself has said he cannot invoke Executive Privilege?

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I was watching for about 10-12 minutes during that part while waiting to get my teeth cleaned this afternoon.

He got nervous and shaky and specifically said something about invoking other privileges, too. So he was ready to answer the question of obstruction of justice with that answer. If not that privilege, one of the others. I think he is really afraid of explicitly lying because not if, When the details finally comes out, then he'll REALLY be effed. I wonder if he is considering resigning. I don't even know what the ramifications of Sessions resigning would be at this point. I'd love for them to nail him to the wall and end his political career as a result of all this mess.

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm basically bumping this question because I share it.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My understanding is that it isn't, but the no balls GOP doesn't press it.

I'm not an attorney though. So.

Lots of "I don't recall..." answers today.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And a lot of, "to the best of my recollection...."

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was an "I say I say...", two "I do declares...", and a handful of pearls away from being a cartoon.

Literally not one question was answered today in a manner that moved the situation forward.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The clear winner today was Keebler, as they got a ton of free press.

That elf comparison really is uncanny.

17. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh they got balls. They got the balls to take the public heat while squeezing their golden goose for all the legislation he's worth. Compared to these small victories, what's a little yelling at some town hall? Trump is the presidential means to their legislative ends.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Are those Republicans or Democrats out there?" asked shortly before the shooting started by someone who matched the description.

I won't say it's bullshit, but I will say it fits in perfectly with a certain narrative making the rounds.