Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It had been previously known for some time now that Guccifer2.0 was in contact with Roger Stone and widely suspected that Guccifer 2.0 is of Russian Intel. Stone would take the info learned and pass it on to the Trump campaign. There were some suspiciously timed messages in relation to the DNC hack/Podesta emails that coincided with communications from Stone and Guccifer which were also passed onto Assange/Wikileaks. Stone denies some of this, but the jig is up. He best flip if he doesn't want to go to prison.

Roger Stone was a Trump surrogate and campaign advisor with now known direct evidence linked to the Kremlin. For anyone still looking for "collusion", this would be it.

Additionally, we know that Assange works with the Russians and he also keeps direct contact with Sean Hannity. It explains why many of the talking points on Fox News match that of Russian news.

#5622 xrayvision, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Can someone explain this to me?

Guccifer 2.0 is a Russian agent and leaks e-mails that prove the DNC is dirty as hell = Look what Trump did.

This is getting so fatiguing. I think Trump is a dumb ass, but the constant 24/7 blasting of him is tiring. The leaked e-mails showed how corrupt the DNC is, but by God it was a Russian! We said Russians were behind everything and here you go...Guccifer 2.0 is.a Russian! Lets completely disregard the fact that those leaked e-mails were real and showed a great deal of corruption. #Resist

Our country is fucked.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see it as three separate issues that need to be dealt with. First the DNC may well be corrupt and need to be dealt with. Second, we cannot allow Russia or any other foreign country dictate or persuade or have any other involvement in our politics. That is what I think Mueller is most concerned with. Third, I think that it needs to be found out if President Trump is obstructing the investigation into the Russian political involvement.

Just because the DNC was corrupt does not mean we should not be pursuing the Russian involvement. Just because DNC was corrupt does not mean we should not be concerned about a President obstructing justice (This is what nailed Nixon, not the break in but the cover up afterwards). Just because Russia got involved with our politics and a President may have obstructed justice, does not excuse the DNC for maybe having to answer for their sins.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you completely.

I'm just so tired of many people treating it as a #FuckTrump, #Resist issue. Our system is broken, both parties. All this partisan bullshit isn't helping one bit.

Work on fixing the system instead of pointing fingers and doing shit just to get a rise out of the other side. That's not helping one bit.

Both sides need to use some common sense instead of completely disagreeing with the other side just because fuck them.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I absolutely agree with you.

The problem is that before you can fix a problem, you need to agree that the problem exists in the first place.

I think that there's so much "fuck trump" going on because so many people think he's doing a great job (or won't admit to what he's fucking up), which then leads people to start parading all his fuck-ups and crazy behaviour out. But people are either too proud or stubborn to admit that the guy they voted for isn't doing a good job, which causes others to pile on in the hopes of "showing them how wrong they are", which can cause the MAGA crowd to just dig in more. I don't think it's about "getting a rise out of the other side", it's about trying to get them to see the rationale for their opposing viewpoint. Sure, there may well be an element of "see, told you, you idiot" behind it, but I don't think it's the main motivation.

The dude is seriously going down the path of Stalin and others that removed democracy from their governments, because he can't deal with an opposing viewpoint. Opposing viewpoints are what democracy is all about, and people have to be able to listen to them and respect them in order for it to work. But not Trump... he has to surround himself with "like minded people"... in other words, people who will go along with what he says.

I think that's where the "#Resist" part comes from... you have to not give in to his way of thinking, and push back.

Again, you're absolutely correct in that your system is broken... and I think people have to stop taking politics so personally, and make an effort at being honest with each other and not play the identity politics game.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think there aren't that many people that think Trump is doing a great job at being President. But, I do think there a lot of people that think: a) he's doing a great job at pissing off liberals and the media, whom his voters consider the enemy; b) he's doing a different job than what Hillary or any other Democrat would do. The system is so broken that people who voted for him count that as acceptable to the alternative.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In a weird way, I think he's done a fantastic job of breaking shit so badly (mostly by gutting funding, or removing previous protectionist legislation) that it's motivated others to action. You see so many more scientists and other "non-career politicians" stepping up and running for various offices as a direct result of his administrations actions.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That and he’s also shown you exactly how much potential there is to let politicians be unmitigated pieces of shit and that there isn’t automatic legal ramifications for things.

Basically all the other guys didn’t behave this way because they just didn’t want to. Not because it’s written somewhere that you can’t. People might be more willing to try to curb the power of the executive branch in the future knowing how the only thing keeping it from being abused is based on the desire of the person in office.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think a lot of the stubbornness comes from wild characterizations. He’s been called literally hitler since the jump, the msm has been in the sky is falling blaring headline mode since the election.. You just compared his actions to Stalin, an autocrat that killed 40 million of his own people. Has he done anything anywhere close to the level of dictatorial actions to warrant that comparison? Or even lead to a similar outcome down the line after he’s gone? It’s the same all or nothing thinking Republicans laid on Obama. It really inhibits compromise when any action is seen by the opposing side as the worst possible action imaginable. I feel the need to stick up for him just to have a moderate voice here to at least get you guys to see it from a less tilted view. Even though you won’t get any argument out of me that he’s been a well below average president, and depending on any issue you might be a single issue voter on, flat out terrible.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Unfortunately, you'll still be shouted down by trying to have a moderate voice. Maybe not here, but many places. I try to do the same and its get met with "Trump shill" or "Liberal shill" depending on what side I try to give the benefit of the doubt for. Its exhausting and infuriating to the point where there's no point in speaking up anymore.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

No, but he's starting down the start of that same path, which is my point. I'm not saying he is Stalin at his worst, or he is like Hitler in Nazi Germany, or anything like that, but I am pointing out that Germany just didn't wake up and say, "hey, let's be Nazi's today..." that happened because of a process. Same with Stalin's rise to power. It's a matter of boiling the frog, and it starts somewhere.

He's being compared to Hitler because there are comparisons with how Hitler brought the Nazis to power... the theme of restoring Germany back to it's former greatness... kind of like "Make America Great Again".

Of course he doesn't want to go and kill all the Jews... or anything that crazy... he only wants the drug dealers dead.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To me, the fact that he’s had nothing but praise for some of the worst current dictatorships is what gives me pause. Xi Jinping just had a massive power grab for being a forever president. He said he wanted to try that some day. Who the fuck says that? Duterte has committed extrajudicial killings, maybe actually at his own hands, and Trump the other day halfway proposes a similar plan for drug dealers. I mean, maybe he doesn’t actually mean what he says. But his desire to be king is glaringly obvious to me. His egregious lack of understanding about what he can and cannot do as president is alarming. But one thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was when he would say “my generals” in reference to our military leaders. Like he’s playing Risk or Command and Conquer or something.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well to be fair, that is pretty much what happened. There is a specific event that more or less ushered in Nazism.

Many, many leaders run on a variation of that platform, hell the Democrats used to run on it. Trump ran on restoring the economic mobility of blue collar workers. Hitler ran on blaming all of Europe for fucking them over after World War I. Then used his paramilitary to seize control and dissolve the Weimar Republic. As for Stalin, the ground work was laid with Bolshevism. That came about through another singular event; the execution of the Romanovs.

The Trump/Hitler/Stalin comparisons seem to excuse the critics from coming up with the many, many legitimate criticisms that can be entered into discussion. I just dont see any value in them.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except, Reagan spent years writing his own weekly radio essays, writing them out by hand, developing his own opinions and forming his ideology into the foundation for how he believed. He extended this into his presidency.

Trump spent the last 30-40 years saying "You're fi-yud." And, extended that into his presidency.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

This country will be better off because trump happened. But not because of trump.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

This is one of the problems.

Do you realize that he said that in jest? At an event where he was supposed to make jokes?

I remember right after he said it thinking "Oh shit, someone, somewhere is going to run with this as if he was serious."

I think more then anything if we want to fix what's broken we need to look at what created Trump. I hated him as a personality and I hated him as a candidate, Yet I still voted for him and so did a whole bunch of others. Why did I and others vote for someone who we couldn't stomach? That's the question that needs to be answered. It wasn't blind partisanship.

I like to think that the population would be introspective and question what happened and, more importantly, why it happened. But I know that's not going to happen. The pendulum is going to swing the other way once again. Eventually one side or the other is going to get so pissed off we have Civil War 2.0.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He might have said that in jest but he’s praised other dictators for their behavior. I still maintain that he thought he was going to be the king. One thing the GOP always does well is hold their nose and vote. The dems never do that and it’s the reason the phrase “democrats fall in love and republicans fall in line.”

A lot of my democrat friends won’t vote if the candidate doesn’t meet their purity test. They have to be fucking perfect in order to earn their vote. And when I ask them if they are happy with what happens when they behave that way, they respond with something along the lines of dems needing to learn their lesson until they move even farther left.

I also don’t think we will ever see another real civil war here. No matter how divisive it gets. There might be some violent outbreaks here and there from crazies but as long as people are eating, there’s gas for their cars, and they have basic services no one will take up arms against fellow citizens. Civil unrest of that level starts to happen when people starve or their actual way of life is being threatened.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

From my understanding, the people in your position who voted for him even though they couldn't stand him, did so because they liked the premise of "drain the swamp" and to get all the politicians out of there, correct? Y'all were tired of business as usual, because business as usual wasn't working and you were ready for a change. So you basically voted for the change candidate, right?

If that is the case, how do you feel about him not "draining the swamp"? About him making it a thousand times worse by getting his corrupt family and buddies and donors in positions of power instead? It's like when the US beat the shit outta Al-Qaeda and ISIS was created by that vaccuum.

If my understanding is correct, then Trump pulled the bait and switch on y'all. And it makes me furious. Because, if my understanding is correct, then the reasons you voted for him are commendable.