Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair that’s pretty standard bullshittery for law schools.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Can’t wait to find out what he did for Hannity.

If reports come out that he paid off Hannity’s gay lover or something the internet might implode.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got half my money on "paid off some sidepiece" and the other half on "consulted on the legality of his contacts with Wikileaks."

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

If I was his wife I would be having a long and serious discussion with him right about now.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's probably much more banal than that. Like, Hannity wanted to be in on some big development deal, that was supposed to be hush-hush. He thought he'd be some big shot playa, and was all, "hey, let me ask you something. This is protected by privilege, right?" Now, I'm sure he's sorry he ever acted all big time. Lie down with dogs, get fleas and all that.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a friend of a friend that went to Thomas Cooley. His life long goal was to be a lawyer. But he was not very smart. That was the only place that would take him. He worked his ass off and graduated. This was 5 years ago. I don’t think he has passed the bar yet.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She’s not paid to talk.

Cohen is a fixer. A supersleaze. The “I Know A Guy” Guy. Perhaps he knows the whereabouts of Hannity’s neck.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

950D1881-023C-4813-A933-8603ACEE3DAE.jpeg

9. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A *criminal* lawyer?

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well... looks like Scott Pruitt is going to have a busy next few weeks...

https://beyer.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=826

"Scott Pruitt Is Now Being Investigated By The House of Representatives, Senate, White House, Office of Management and Budget, Government Accountability Office, and EPA Inspector General"

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

WITCH HUNT!!!!

... or maybe, you know, all these people just really suck at their jobs and as people in general

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It reads like he was trying to win a contest on who could be the most corrupt politician.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't find the original post where I said it, but I'm pretty sure I said that if Trump arrived at a DPRK solution that *didn't* involve Seoul being wiped off the map I would pay him his due. Well consider the due paid, because this is legit momentous shit. I don't know what he did, or what deals were made, but they worked. If NK follows through and actually surrenders their sole deterrent, I will sign the Peace Prize petition myself.

Attached Files:

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Probably less of a deal and more Kim thinking, “Holy shit this guy is unpredictable.”

15. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He outcrazied crazy, that's believable. It's almost enough to think he really is playing "4D chess", if he wasn't so bent on knocking over the checkerboard in Iran.

16. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Perhaps he is playing the same game with Iran. Though, Iran has more reason to be upset with America than NK ever did and likely won't be deterred as easily.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still think the media will be hard pressed to give an ounce of credit to him. It's too bad too because even though his unpredictable ego beltched on twitter probably didn't actually achieve shit, the fact that he took the hard line against appeasement and weak kneed pacification, is another lesson on how we should actually handle these belligerent actors.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think it more likely that China writes in conditions to remove the US from the area. There's also the chance that China could work on writing us out of the area and then Norks back out of unification talks all together.

19. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Short of full reunification, I don't see the US leaving. I would think SK would be worried to be left alone with NK and China on their doorstep, especially after what happened the last time in that scenario.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would be nice, or we could just stop giving a shit. I don't mean to be callous, but despite what some people seem to think it actually isn't our fault that the region is full of psychos. I really don't get the idea that if some humanitarian crisis happens it's the west's job to deal with it (cough Syria). There's no cleaning up the mess over there, and trying to just makes people find reasons to be resentful of the attempt. That's not to say we should be isolationist, but I'm well past convinced that these countries either need to clean up this shit on their own or it's not going to get cleaned up.

I don't follow the news very closely lately because it is honestly such a swamp of nonstop bullshit I'm just better off ignoring it for the most part, but if Trump really does manage to swing a non-violent solution to the NK problem it would almost make that shitty election worth it.

I have to say though, I think Trump mostly sucks, but when I do watch the left wing news it's kind of hysterical watching people act like the country is so shitty now, and was so great before. Of course Trump has done some suspect things, but the idea that most people's lives have done a 180 because of it is so ridiculous. For example, today I was speaking with a very liberal friend and he thinks the reason he didn't get a recent job offer is because he's gay, and then went into a rant about "That's how it is now with Trump!" Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at that shit.