Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh I have no illusions that he will be impeached for this. It was more of a "throw it on the pile" comment.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

At this point that pile is as tall as one of his hotels.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

While I agree that this is a fucked up move by Trump, you're making a lot of unsubstantiated conclusions there. Sure, they are somewhat believable, but that doesn't mean they're true.

I think it's simpler than any of that... Obama got the deal done, and Trump is trying to kill off anything and everything Obama did.

The Iranian deal was working... EVERYONE (except Netanyahu) agreed that Iran was compliant... and now he's pulling out. And bullying the other countries to do the same, or else THEY will get sanctions.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. WRONG. WITH. YOU. GUYS.

First the Paris accord, then NAFTA, now this... the US will not be trusted on the world political stage again for a very long time.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Well at least now Melania knows trump is really good at pulling out....

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Any bets on the price of gas in the near future?

And on that front... I've seen reports that this may trigger a switch of oil's standard currency going from the US dollar to the Euro... anyone know anything about that?

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It’s fairly complicated, but the short answer is probably not. There might be some symbolic gesture, but USD was originally exchanged for oil to more/less replace the gold standard and created the petrodollar. It’s basically surplus oil traded in securitized form. It’s an enormously valuable investment capital traded worldwide. The only thing that would tank it would be the rapid decline of USD, which would drag other currencies down with it anyway. The Saudis don’t give a shit about Iran, and they run the roost in the ME.

9. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Saudis hate Iran. It's been an ongoing power struggle since the Iranian revolution. It's the whole Sunni versus Shia conflict.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think that is in conflict with anything I said. Your claim is the why, mine is the how.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if the US is pulling out, or if it's a fucked up move by Trump, or if Times report is accurate, or any of that part. But, the way you wrote that implied that Netanyahu just has this opinion that Iran wasn't compliant. He based it on a little more than a hunch. If you haven't seen this, he starts speaking in English at about 30 seconds in, so you don't need to understand Hebrew:

12. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I’m assuming this is Netanhayu talking about the documents they smuggled out of Iran. Correct me if I’m wrong but these were documents showing that Iran lied about what it was doing as far as research and development into a nuclear bomb prior to the nuclear deal. Which was met with a pretty widespread “yeah we all knew they were lying, that’s why we needed to make a deal to prevent them from going further”

Nothing he said showed that they weren’t currently in compliance.

The second way I’m pretty sure I’m right is dear leader would still be tweeting about it if there was proof they weren’t currently compliant.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Interesting, but I'm just wondering why nobody else is saying the same thing? Why only him? If he had the evidence, why aren't the other members of the council also coming to the same conclusion?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Exactly. My understanding is that for the last 2(?) years they have been heavily monitored and investigated and everyone (except Netanyahu) says they're compliant, and he's basically reporting on old info.

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Netanyahu has been itching for a war with Iran for a long time. He’s also staring down the barrel of a possible indictment for corruption/money laundering/bribery type deal.

I’ve always been a pretty big Israel supporter despite Israel being public enemy number one by a lot of the left. I think Netanyahu exhibits decent leadership, but he’s not good for the peace process.

Obama never got along with Bibi and I used to think it was because Obama hated Israel but now I think it’s that he knew Bibi was dirty and wanted to stay far away.

I think both him and Trump would love nothing more than a reason to burn Iran to the ground. Pulling out of the deal and then punishing them for non-compliance would be right up their alley.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That might be true if Trump wandered in off the street and somehow couldn't be removed from office despite 90% of the country wanting him gone. That's not what happened though; he was elected, he has meaningful support, and an entire party works to his benefit. Even if the United States puts in a sane government, foreign countries know that any administration cannot make guarantees longer than its term in office, because the voting public is wont to elect a complete fuckup that might undo everything. The damage to US credibility is long lasting, if not permanent.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Side pussy should not end a career unless your job is instructing monogamy. Especially considering present conditions in politics and show business.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The issue with side pussy is that the people that hold these offices also claim, to varying extents, to be religious. And they campaign on that, and large swaths of America vote for them based upon that (see, Republicans, every one ever). So if you're caught doing something -- in this case, having an extra-marital affair -- that is literally forbade by the bible as christians claim, then you are in effect giving the middle finger to everyone who believed you were a religious person. Either you were pretending, or you "sinned," and in both cases they *should* have a major issue with that.

And my family wonders why I abhor any politician who talks about religion.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When all this is over, I want to know what Avenatti knew and when he knew it, just so I can piece together his strategy and his timing of going public with various things.