Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Shredded documents are located in the back room. Which never happened.

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Normally I lean moderately left, but I’ve yet to hear a satisfactory answer to this question- The DNC funded the Dossier using a Russian company, how is that not collusion?

I am not a Trump supporter but to say Russian government was not involved is less than likely.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They contracted with Fusion GPS, which is an American firm. Fusion GPS engaged Christopher Steele, a UK citizen, to conduct research on any potential Trump/Russia connections (due to prior expertise on the subject). Steele, amongst others, utilized Russian sources in compiling his report, as research on Russia tends to involve Russians. Steele himself, concerned by what he found, submitted his report not just to Fusion GPS but to UK and American intelligence services, as he considered the activities uncovered to constitute national security threats to both nations.

This is distinct from supporting Kremlin-directed activities designed to undermine the functioning of the American government, including its elections.

4. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does the name Oleg Deripaska have any meaning when talking about the the intelligence job done leading up to the election to anyone? It is an interesting connection he has to Steele. Also, it's interesting that he requested to testify before Congress last year without immunity and was rebuked. If you look at Oleg a little deeper, the connective tissue starts to raise some questions: Sure seemed to know McCabe well.........oh, and he did work for Mueller while he was the head of the FBI as well.

Besides, if Russian collusion is such a problem - why not just Google the last name Podesta (You may recognize that one) and Russia as well?

At some point, we need to define collusion a little better.

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

“Kremlin-directed activities”?

Both campaigns went thru contacts in Russia to get dirt on the other no matter how you want to word it.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m not really sure what you’re implying. Back in 2007, Iran had an FBI agent held prisoner. Being that Iran and Russia have close business ties, it looks like he asked for help in getting the agent back.

Deripaska is well known oligarch. He’s been around a while. I think they are looking into his connection in helping the Trump campaign with money.

I don’t see how Mueller is actually conflicted. Mueller being head of the FBI at the time would make him involved in any matter relating to the FBI.

8. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

What's being investigated isn't whether or not the Trump campaign "got dirt" on the Clinton campaign through Russian sources, it's whether they either directly worked with the Russians to obtain that dirt in illegal ways (like hacking) or were aware that the dirt was obtained via illegal ways when they got it but didn't report it.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ratic-us-president-election-a7836826.html?amp

This article explains how right around when this meeting went down, Trump made a speech promising dirt on Hillary. But yes I’m sure that Jr. never told his father about the meeting or what was said in it.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah those Emails Jr released were.... uhm.... reading it I was reminded of this:

I'm not sure what his understanding of the word "collusion," but it doesn't exactly align with the legal definition by a long shot.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Circling back to this, story from the New Yorker seems to confirm most of the details above. Information came from a SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) filed by First Republic Bank and was leaked by a law enforcement officer who had access. What is interesting is that the justification given by the leaker is that there were two more SARs filed, but were absent from the Treasury's official records.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Huh. This is the first piece of evidence since the investigation began that makes me think there is serious money laundering. Id like to know more about why the SARs were filed. They can be filed for just about anything, usually its for suspicion of structuring of deposits. If this hits discovery in the court room, FinCEN is going to have to justify the confidentiality breach.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Now Giuliani is saying (for what that's worth) that it's likely Trump will interview with Mueller.

This being a president who, if the reports are correct, is unwilling to prep for talks with north korea.

Mueller and his pet Avenatti have to be licking their lips right now.

20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Ambulance chaser", "Mueller's pet", well alright then. Lionel Hutz be killing it.