Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today I did something for the first time in my 30 years of voting: I voted in a Democratic primary. I can't stand any of the Republican candidates for Georgia governor, so I wanted to try to help the better of the two Democrats.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Didn’t they already confirm that it didn’t happen?

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here. Trump is a jackass and at this point I'm just waiting for the next election, which the democrats are going to have a really hard time losing. Nothing short of another Hillary run is going to keep him in office.

As for most the senators, they can eat shit for all I care. "Oh, look at the Mueller investigation. We're just holding Trump accountable." Yeah, I'm sure Menendez is innocent too.

I'm following the updates, but it seems like there's 4-5 stories every day the media pumps out that has people losing their shit. They haven't gotten the dirt they want (yet) so I'm waiting to see where it goes, but it still looks like they're going to have a hard time impeaching him. The reality is any of the republicans from red states are powerless to do anything until public opinion in those areas shifts, and let's be real, these fucks don't care about anything other than holding onto office. If/when they find enough to get his base away from him then it'll happen, but it's going to take something bigger than the Stormy Daniels scandal.

At this point Trump IS the news. Other stories are just blurbs posted further down the page. That's why I'm not constantly posting about the investigation either. The news cycle pumps it out 24/7 and eventually you get sick of talking about it.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good God, this shit is still going on?

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's a real fucking travesty, buddy.

I hate people who bicker endlessly over stupid shit like this. I have an opinion on it, but anyone who cares very much one way or the other is just fucking sad. Am I going to have to hear about this all football season again? Really?

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Conservative identity politics requires that you hear about it until it stops having use for conservative political causes. So yes, you are going to have to hear about it all football season again.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The NFL can't leave well enough alone. This is the epitome of poking the bear. It was a nothingburger at this point, and then they took a stick to the hornets nest again.

Personally, I don't agree with why they're protesting, but I firmly believe they have the right to do it, and that the manner in which the players are protesting is both peaceful and respectful.

I'd love to hear the thought process that went into this decision.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple of excel spreadsheets laying out declining viewership and a belief (likely supported with some polling) that it was because of the kneeling thing.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

If you put a worse product on the field year after year, people are gonna watch less and less.

But also, people watch games on their phones, tablets, computers, and that doesn't necessarily reflect in your typical viewership numbers.

I'm curious to see how the NFL is going to respond to the Favre thing (going to rehab 3 types for opioid abuse, including during his MVP season). My guess is they sweep it under the rug.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No. The players' organization asked them to visit the topic. Before 2009, players were not on the field for the anthem. I don't see what's wrong with what they decided. It seems like a reasonable compromise. Players that choose to remain in the locker room can then be interviewed and given an opportunity to speak about social concerns. I think it will let them raise awareness in a civil dialogue rather than trying to overcome the mob of BOOOOOOOS raining down on them. Those that want to be on the field can and they can stand. The NFL did this as a "policy" - the NBA requires standing for the anthem as a "rule."

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As always, the MLK quote on white moderates is relevant:

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh, this isn't a bus boycott, it's whiny millionaires bitching about whiny billionaires. With a good dose of Murica's Ouch My Balls viewership thrown in.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're thinking of the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations. This is whiny millionaires bitching about police.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If they can sweep the fact he texted his ding-a-ling to the Florida State Slut under the rug I think they can make something as minor as drugs in football vanish.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In fairness, who among us hasn't text their freedom shaft to a florida state slut?

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on man. I agree with you that conservative identity politics suck, and they're annoying, but I would say the same about left identity politics, wouldn't you? It's a cesspool of ignorance, misinformation, and whiny idiocy as well.

I would love to cram both sides of the kinds of people who obsessively fight over this nonsense into some backwards state like Iowa and let them hash it out. Then they can leave the rest of us out of it because for the most part, we're just sick of it. These people decry hatred, stereotyping, and disrespect, but it's exactly those things that they live for because all they seem to care about is demonizing the other whiners and it's fucking pathetic.

I do as well, but at the same time I also feel like an employer has a right to demand a certain level of conduct from its employees and associates. I don't see any problem with an employer telling people that they are free to engage in their activism, but not while they're working, especially when said activism is hurting the business. Frankly, it's a perfectly reasonable request, and the people that think it isn't would likely do a 180 if the activism was about a different issue.

18. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are remembering wrong. The way it works is one week CBS can show two games and Fox can show 1. The week after it switches and Fox gets 1:00 and 4:30 game (The double header). CBS gets one game (may be at 4:30). These rules are void in a local market where if the home team is playing you only get one game in that time slot period. In week 17 both can show 2.

They do mostly show Steelers/ Bengals/Browns games because they get the most fans.

I personally go to the bar for the one o’clock games usually so I can watch 6 at one time.

19. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Can we also just throw in that it would be pretty weird if at the start of every day at work you had to stand up for the national anthem? Would all these people boycotting the NFL over this really go into work and stand for the national anthem before they get their morning coffee?

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I'm not boycotting the NFL, but if one day of my work week we had to sing the national anthem, and 50,000 people were watching me work while millions watched on TV, and I was making a couple million a year? Yes, I would stand for the anthem before getting coffee.