Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of his politifact file though, some of his pants on fire lies are fucking awesome.

And my personal favorite:

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mueller will never release his findings publicly. He'll submit them to the person that's has oversight into the investigation, in this case, Matthew Whitaker. If any of it goes public, it'll be because it was leaked, subpoenaed by the House, unless of course, it exonerates Trump. If he had nothing to hide, he wouldn't have been calling it a witch hunt since day one. You're running to be President of the United States. You need to be above reproach. You don't get to have any expectations of privacy while you were a private citizen. The American people need to know if an enemy of the state has a red hot poker that they could potentially ram up your ass.

Be that as it may, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on not seeing anything connecting. I'm not sure how much of that is because you don't want Trump thrown out of office because you voted for him and now have some kind of fear of being wrong about that choice, or have a thirst for "owning some libs". Based on your past posts, I'm willing to guess it's a little bit of column A and B. I hope you can understand why it's difficult for me to believe someone who says they don't see a Russia-Trump connection, despite the many Russian agents being killed and/or charged with crimes, Guccifer being unmasked as a Russian asset, Wikileaks working for Russia, and on and on. It's merely a coincidence that all this clandestine Russian espionage and election meddling suddenly started becoming known when Trump's presidential campaign started taking off, right?

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mueller has been given perhaps the broadest and deepest investigation ever given to a special counsel, been attacked and obstructed by nearly the entire federal government throughout, and has still managed to deliver impressive results faster than nearly any counsel before him. And that's just what we know publicly. Mueller has earned every single shred of the benefit of the doubt I have to give.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

If I remember correctly it was nett who posted this a while back. And while it is a bit old (pub dec 2017), it's still relevant: 538: Mueller is Moving Quickly Compared to Past Special Counsel Investigations

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Some people seem to forget who Mueller is and what he’s done through this entire adult life. Look at (not so long ago) his Enron investigation, he was cold as ice: he turned that scum’s own wives on them to cut their legs off and give them an actual deserved prison sentence. He nailed them so hard even super-rich cocksuckers like Skilling weren’t buying their way into serving weekends for a year or community service. Down the river with you.

And the fucking abuse he’s suffered simply for heading this investigation. He’s more Republican, and more brave, honorable, honest and decorated than all of those fat old jowly fucks put together.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love how common people think they deserve to be shown the current list of evidence of a massive government investigation into an extensive spread of potential federal and state crimes and when THEY aren’t shown the proof mid investigation, it must all be bullshit. Regardless of the dozens of indictments and guilty pleas so far. Even when junior openly states he expects to be indicted soon.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The White House revoked Jim Acosta's press credentials for this, claiming that he "plac[ed] his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern." The video clearly shows the intern trying to grab the mic out of Acosta's hands and him turning away from her.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think we are only beginning to see the level of crazy this admin is capable of. He was terrible when he had all 3 branches of gov. Now we are going to see a narcissistic sociopath being held accountable.

I don’t put it below him to call for violence against the media and others he doesn’t like.

I also expect complicit silence from the republicans as per usual.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys do realize you just proved my point, right? Sure, we haven't seen any actual evidence tying Trump to Russia, but that's cool. Mueller probably has all kinds of stuff he just doesn't want to release to the public. Yeah, great story.

It's just a rationale that no matter if nothing comes out it has to keep going. That's ridiculous, and going by that logic we might as well indefinitely investigate every president their entire term. If you think about it for 2 seconds you'll probably realize too that if Mueller actually has damning evidence of collusion he's not just going to sit on it and bide his time for years.

As for Mueller moving fast that's hilarious. You have to actually get somewhere for it to "move fast". To be fair Mueller has found things... they're just not about Trump and Russia. You can't compare this investigation to a different investigation that had relevant evidence to keep it going because Mueller doesn't have jack shit.

So this is pretty much my point. Even if Mueller doesn't find ANYTHING you'll demand it has to keep going or you'll freak the fuck out that Trump is only complaining about it because he's guilty. It's gotten really lame at this point and I don't think Trump should be obligated to cater to your irrational suspicions that have essentially nothing to go on.

And no Jimmy, I'm not a Trump fan at all really. I only want him in office to the extent that it means Hillary isn't in office. He's possibly the greatest national embarrassment in our country's history. But just because I don't like him doesn't mean I'm going to keep cheering for an investigation that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Isn’t Mueller planning to have an update in a week or two?

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It has nothing to do with them thinking it’s bullshit, and everything to do with them worrying it will implicate them as well. Or make them look bad for being on the wrong team. They’d rather destroy an investigation than the let truth happen.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

And just like that, the media has already "2nd-paged" the Democrats winning the House and the Sessions firing to cover this. People need to start waking up to this pattern. Jon Stewart said a week or so ago that Trump has mastered using the media's narcissism against itself. Im starting to think he's right.

Then again, Obama attempted to ban Fox News from the press pool and immediately backed down when the rest of the media went apeshit. I wonder if Fox will offer Acosta the same comradery?

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The hysterical reporting plays right into his hands. How long before the mass shooting this morning is skipped over because “Trump!”

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm curious how long this has to go on without turning up anything on Trump for you guys to say it's been long enough. I'm going to guess never, which is why I'm starting to not give a shit whether people are satisfied or not. No offense, but a lot of you also thought the fact Kavanaugh wouldn't admit he was black out drunk on some random night in 1982 was proof he tried to rape someone. I'm not sure you're all being that objective about this.

If there was a special counsel into Obama or some democrat president for 2 years and it didn't turn up anything about them most of the people on here wouldn't be saying this shit.

Honestly, Acosta is a complete fucking jackass and I wouldn't have so much as shrugged if he was banned a long time ago. I don't remember Obama putting up with this much shit. Wasn't Acosta the guy shouting all that stupid crap at the North Korean summit?

Ugh, this is why I hate Trump being president. I really don't like him, but people are so over the top you end up defending him somehow.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Oh, Im not defending Acosta, at least not personally. He likes to make the news about himself instead of just reporting it. I cant tell who is more full of themselves at CNN: him, Don Lemon or Jake Tapper. At least Jake Tapper has moments of clarity. Don Lemon was a human gaffe machine well before Trump was even on the political stage. I was more making the point that they just continue to be manipulated.

News is not supposed to be 24/7 politics, but it has somehow devolved into that in the last 4 election cycles. I would like to know about things going on in other parts of the world every once in a while, but hey, Trump said something mean to someone. Queue up the panel of retards to get their hot take.

As far as the Mueller investigation, Trump needs to shut the fuck up and just let it go on as long as it needs to. It would be categorically retarded if he obstructs something that would have ultimately turned up nothing anyway. But hey, hes kind of retarded and lets his ego get the best of him.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I’ve been saying, you don’t get to demand answers in the middle of an investigation. I don’t either. Compared to other special counsel investigations, this one is less expensive and shorter and also has produced actionable results.

I don’t get what more you need right now. You want to play the whole “if this was Obama...” game, but if this was Obama behaving like Trump and if Obama had all these indictments and guilty pleas, you’d be all in favor of letting this go until it’s conclusion. And if we sat in our layperson chairs, saying stupid layperson things, you would rightly laugh in our faces.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no idea what you mean by "what more". How about ANYTHING? It's fine if the purpose of the investigation is to just find corrupt politicians and lobbyists. Then it's been a huge success.If the idea is to determine whether Trump colluded with Russia then it's just been a waste of time so far.

All you guys can come up with regards to Trump is "Well, maybe Mueller is sitting on a huge pile of evidence." Maybe, but probably not.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded