Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Elephants and Jackasses...

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think the DNC has a favorite. Not cohesively. That might have been Biden, but he's floundering. They really don't want Bernie, but could probably live with anyone else, even Warren. Given the current state of the primary I think if the DNC does totally throw in for someone, it won't be until after Super Tuesday.

He was very lucky in the demographic make up of the first two states to vote. We'll see what that momentum is worth, but chances are still pretty high he flames out, starting with Nevada and South Carolina.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

What’s everyone’s guesses on these guys actual chances against trump?

winning the DNC nom is all well and good, but it doesn’t mean much if we can’t get this creep out of office

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Booty-judge- Actual decent. I think he's super smart and will be able to parry Trumps attacks best. I'm guessing between being gay and being in the military (two separate reasons), he's heard it all, has grown some thick skin and has learned to be quick on his feet. Downsides are; He's gay and unfortunately that still matters to a good portion of the country. Especially the places he needs votes. IE; not the coastal cities.

Bloomberg - No idea but probably go down as the most vile, mud slinging debates in history. They are already going at it on Twitter. Also ironic that the "woke left" is pushing an old, white billionaire.

Bernie - Gets slaughtered. (Probably why the Dem's are trying to find *anyone* else)

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What’s funny now is that Bernie and his advocates are all but saying that their M4A is basically a pipe dream and will most likely end up being negotiated down to some sort of public option. Essentially leaving no reason to even vote for him anymore.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, I don’t think any of them stand a chance.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think every single one of them is going to get stomped, the only difference between each of them is how much. If Bernie gets the nomination, I don’t think it will be quite on the level of Mondale losing in 1984, but it will be bad enough that comparisons will be drawn.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Huh, I always thought bernie would do the best against him?

I actually like butt judge even though I can't spell his name. I never understood the knock on him.

Maybe I should just sit this one out.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unfortunately, I don't think any of them have a shot, either.

Here's a couple of questions for all of you smart people:

1) IF Trump gets reelected, how much worse do you think this country will get?

Yeah, the economy is "good," depending on how you look at it, but I have a really bad feeling that it's eventually going to take a big down-turn after his second term, based on his/ the Republican's tax-cuts, and cuts in other areas (did y'all hear that Betsy* DeVos wants to double the classroom sizes in schools? Why? So they don't need as many teachers.).
    Also, I don't think a new president will be able to fix it, even if they wanted to, based on how gerrymandered this country is now, and with how he's packed the courts with hard-right judges.

2) What do you think the odds are that the Republicans will rig this election with voting machine software?
    McConnell and Co. have shot down a bunch of voting security bills. Why would they do such a thing?
    HMMMM?
    It's pretty well known that those machines can be rigged. I DO NOT trust the Republicans anymore, except to uphold gun rights, and to strip abortion rights.

*Goddam, I've always hated the name "Betsy."
    And I hate that woman. She should be tied to a rape-stand and left in the rec-yard of a TDC unit.

EDIT:

The problem with Mayor Pete is that he's a corporate shill.

He's offering a M4A "if you want it," which I don't think will work, and once again DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PROBLEM I KEEP BRINGING UP: HEALTHCARE IN THIS COUNTRY IS TOO GODDAMNED EXPENSIVE, AND THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE TRYING TO CHANGE, NOT HOW TO PAY FOR INFLATED PRICES.

I'M NOT GOING TO SHUT UP ABOUT THIS.

Do any of y'all remember when they made a cure - not a "treatment for symptoms" - but and honest-to-God CURE for Hepatitis C?
    It was about 2012, and it's the only disease I've ever seen cured in my lifetime.
    The creator straight-up said that they were going to charge more for it in the US because Americans could afford to pay more.
    US price: $80,000. Just what the average American has rolling around in their ashtray, right?

Can you believe the fucking balls on that guy? Or any of those assholes who price-gouge the American public?

Why aren't you (yes, YOU American TIB members) more angry about that?

#12048 dixiebandit69, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All Trump has to do is point at Bernie during a debate and say "THIS guy wants to give ILLEGALS FREE healthcare with YOUR money!!". The crowd will go ape shit and nothing Bernie can say will overcome the crowd. Yes, Bernie will win the coasts and maybe a few progressive cites but that's it IMO. I keep going back to "if Bernie could beat him, why are the Dems trying SO hard to stop him from getting the nomination?

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm more concerned that he's making the US look like a joke, and an unstable one at that, on the world stage.

I would give it about the same odds that the dems rig it.

@dixiebandit69 I think your bolded part about healthcare costs is spot on. They should be going at pharmaceutical companies instead of trying to fix it (or do fix it, but make that a secondary priority).

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Bernie should just walk around with an ipad showing the youtube of him making fun of a physically handicapped reporter.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What does gerrymandering have to do with the national economy? As for the other question, ebbs and flows in the economy are part of the normal economic cycle. It’s sinusoidal. The fact the we haven’t had a period of contraction in almost 10 years is remarkable. Why do you think tax cuts are going to have a negative impact?

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he meant a gerrymandered congress will mean a Democratic President will not be allowed to take the steps necessary to correct the issue. Although I think if a Democrat wins the Presidency, they certainly hold onto the House, and gerrymandering doesn't affect the Senate (unless you count it as a "natural" gerrymander that came about by accident).

As for the tax cuts, I think it's an issue of shooting our wad. Trump pumped various kinds of stimulus into an economy already at peak because he wanted good numbers. When the eventual downturn comes we won't have the normal tools (tax cuts, interest rate cuts, etc) available to us that we'd normally have because we used them already getting our "Greatest Economy Ever" to boost his poll numbers. It'll be a hard landing.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If Trump said that electing Sanders would cause the skies to crack open and rain bloody and diseased severed cocks down on the country, his followers would believe it as if they had personally witnessed it happening.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Trump doesn’t control the Federal Reserve or dictate when rates are cut. Sure, he can appoint the governor board, but they generally operate independently and haven’t really been fucked with since the 1940s. I have no way to prove it, but my growing suspicion is that he (really his guy, Robert Lighthizer) is using his international economic feuds with China and Europe to keep industries on edge and not over-investing, which also means they’re not over-leveraging for those investments. If he isn’t doing it on purpose, then it’s a complete fluke that that is exactly what’s happening.

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Voting is an illusion of choice as long as the electorate overrules the popular vote.

Prove me wrong.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not directly but his trade wars are forcing the fed to keep rates low.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m a certain that the only reason a Bloomberg in running on a Democrat platform ONLY because he’d have to wait four more years to run on the GOP ticket instead. Who in the fuck that has any democratic or liberal leaning beliefs would front this fuckstick fool? Is he honestly anything else than Trump in a blue tie?

I just listened to this serial sexual harasser say he’s a champion for women in the workplace. Boom.... Horseshoe Effect. American may as well be six. They may as well be six-year-old kids in a fucking sandbox and he stands up and declares he’s Gandalf and he’s casted a spell on everyone that makes them believe whatever bullshit he says.

If I was a Democrat voter in America I’d be pretty pissed that the DNC twats are force-feeding everybody this racist, oily old sleazebag.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some people think that the only reason the DNC let him in is because if he decided to run independently, he'd royally fuck any chances they had of beating Trump.

Anyone else remember Ross Perot, and what he did to the '92 election?
    That's how we got Clinton.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I would think more Republicans would vote for him as an independent than Democrats. With his stance on things combined with his past policies I wouldn’t be surprised if it helped the Democrats win by syphoning off Conservative votes. He has been recorded virulently defending Stop And Frisk. He does NOT like minorities, that can also be quoted. He apologized for this 90 minutes before he began his campaign. “Anyone but Sanders”, that’s the mission of the DNC.