Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Every Two Years: 2012 Olympic Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nut shots aside, I almost forgot how much better basketball is at the international level. No flopping, no calls for petty fouls, no incessant timeouts or - even worse - TV timeouts. I'm going to have a hard time going back to watching the NBA after this.

The quality of players certainly isn't as high, but the officiating certainly is. That counts for a LOT. Let the players play.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

How weird is it the two ladies USA volleyball duos are going up against one another for medals? I didn't even know that was possible but in the end a team is a team I guess. Not sure which to root for.

I must confess I didn't watch any events last night because Deadliest Catch had a marathon leading up to a new episode.

3. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Our men's rowing team got bronze!

Notice anything about the picture? Hint: The ladies will probably enjoy it a bit more than the men.

*He swears he wasn't erect.

Attached Files:

4. subgeniuschick

subgeniuschick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I really wish I had the time to photoshop some skirts on them. What's with those flowers?

PS: Maybe he wasn't. Maybe he's just hung.

5. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You American's pumped us in the Men's basketball, as expected. At least we have more gold than the Kiwis

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Divers are fucking hideous.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

How about letting giant egotistical criminal freaks take five steps with the ball before dunking while at those same cretins are calling for every foul (teary-eyed) when a rookie or sophmore grazes them accidently? Ah, the NBA. Such fags.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see Misty May got her tribute tattoo to her grandmother covered with something else. Guess she wasn't special enough to withstand endless rumors of you fucking Jason Kidd.

10. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate the NBA, I love college basketball. International basketball reminds me more of the college game so I like it.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Like most people, because of the easy-to-follow gambling format.

So that American rower did NOT in fact have a north pole hard-on? Explain to me how one goes from six to midnight in shorts that gay-tight.

12. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

He claims he didn't. He said he would have tried to cover it up with his flowers if that were the case.

Edit: I forgot! Their bronze was in the Coxless four rowing.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My irony meter just exploded.

14. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is a really silly sport, but damn synchronized swimming looks hard.

Oh, and how nice is it that Tink Tink made a final?

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't like the NBA for several reasons, none of which apply to gambling. Its full of wanna be thugs who are too worried about looking cool to play. They flop, they complain, and sometimes they charge the stands. Oh yea and sometimes they bring guns to the arena because of a gambling dispute. There are far too many timeouts and while the athletes are better than college the play is half hearted until the last 2 minutes. Watching an entire NBA game is pointless, watching the end isn't. Now I know I'm ig'nant about the NBA game and that doesn't bother me, I'm not interested in learning about it.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some gripes about the NBA are valid, but bringing up 2 isolated incidents and making them the rule is a bit rash and heavy handed. And you want to bitch about the NBA, bitch about the league office and the officials paid by the league office. You complain about flopping and a casual approach to the game, if the league didn't allow that shit to continue, players would adapt. You don't go from playing one way in college to another way in the NBA cause you're a "wanna be thug trying to look cool." At least try to hide your stereotyping a bit, jeez.

On to more positive topics, I'm really enjoying the Track and Field events thus far. Not so much for the actual competition, but more because the competitors have, as a whole, great attitudes. Everyone is happy and smiling and for the most part pleased with whatever medal they earn, Usain Bolt is just killing it and showing a megawatt personality that makes it hard to do anything but like the dude, and there have a been a couple of nice success stories. Oh and the Chinese are nowhere to be found.

17. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love to swim. (Shut up you racist jackals.) However, fuck doing that shit for six miles. Hell, I used to hate our six mile runs.

Also I think rhythmic gymnastics might have less of a place in the Olympics than the equestrian events. I know dancing when I see it. Give those girls a beam or a vault or something. I swear rhythmic gymnastics is the ice dance of summer Olympics.

18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, but I did see the group rhythmic gymnastics and they were using balls and kicking/bouncing them to each other across the space. I don't think its worthy of an olympic event, but it looked fucking awesome.

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well that last 15 min of the Women's Gold Medal soccer match were chest pain inducing. I legitimately enjoy watching women's soccer, about equally as much as I hate watching women's basketball.

In awesome overall news, the US has pulled away from China with 2 gold more and 11 more total medals. Suck it Mao!

20. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Well Women's soccer is enjoyable because while they might not have a Ronaldo or a Messi, the game looks pretty much the same when a high quality team is playing and it's more entertaining than something like MU vs. Wigan. Glad to see that the U.S pulled it out, although I'm somewhat surprised to see that with their 4-4-2 style both goals came out of the midfield.