Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

#FHRITP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Edit: If his post is deleted mine doesn't really have any purpose...

#101 Kampf Trinker, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'm on the edge of shutting this one down. Discuss the merits of harassment and the original topic. Respond to each other constructively. Any more comparisons to or accusations of racism/sexism from anyone results in a 48 hour ban. You've been warned. Carry on.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Can we get back to fucking shegirl in the pussy? Someone mentioned it earlier and I think that has legs.

4. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Right in the pussy.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to make a run at this topic while it lives, which won't be long:

Do I think yelling FHRITP is sexual harassment? Depends on context. In all the context we've seen (i.e. media goofs) no. That's just dummies fuckin with people. If any of them get arrested for sexual harassment, I will be surprised as shit.

Can I see how that could be construed as sexual harassment?

Honestly, not in this case, i can't. This is a clear cut case of some dude being a douche in a public setting. it's happened multiple times, him being a douche.

As it turns out, i agree with the harassment minded folks if there was any evidence he meant offence in that realm. I'm 99% certain he meant HEY LOOK AT ME

On the other tip, I do not consider myself qualified to judge on real cases, except from a remote 3rd party

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not that all this talk about what is and what isn't sexual harassment isn't exciting, but to shift back to the actual focus for a moment: I don't recall anybody bringing up the fact that the guy that was fired isn't the guy that actually yelled FHRITP; he was just one of the other guys caught on camera with that dude. Not to condone what the guy who shouted it did, but from the perspective of the other guy, how can you justify getting fired because you were out with a dude that was acting like a jackass.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the video, there are three particular guys that are featured as part of the FHRITP story:
    - the guy who actually says it. He has a cigarette in his hand and a goatee. He says it, walks off camera and isn't really seen again.
    - the guy in sunglasses, who the reporter confronts to ask questions about his motivation for waiting around. He responds to her the most and doesn't appear to me to be very drunk.
    - the guy that comes in later. He is wearing a yellow shirt with a red / white scarf. He appears drunk and acts like a total dick, imho. According to The Star, HE is the one who got fired by Hyrdo One.

I don't know enough information to defend or support Hydro's firing of him. But, he certainly seems to support my previous claim that he was already a shitty employee / person. So, he wasn't just "out with a dude that was acting like a jackass." He was acting like a jackass. I suspect that's probably his normal sober state, too.

8. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In 1990 (before we met) my wife was fired from a job she loved because she complained about an older married senior manager hitting on her and making inappropriate comments to her. She didn't know her rights then and just dealt with it.

My point is: You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Sexual harassment was a HUGE problem in the '70's and '80's, and people - even other women - told victims to just toughen up. When my wife complained she was told that he was more important to the company than her. Whether you agree with what the reporter claimed she felt or not, don't be this ignorant.

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I concur with this. None of us know all of the details surrounding this guy getting fired, but I can personally attest to the fact that at places I've worked several people have gotten fired for what seemed, in a vaccuum, to be petty bullshit reasons, but in reality were the final straws in what were long paper trails of shitty behavior and/or poor performance.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But thats what people are saying. She knows the meme, its happened before, she's unamused and annoyed by it. She's not naive and taking it as a sexually charged phrased. Would she have felt the same way if the dude popped up and yelled "FUCK THE LA GALAXY" or whoever they were playing? Not that she wouldn't have chewed them out, cause clearly she was at her wits end, but would she have been "threatened"?

Again, im firmly in the camp of fuck these unfunny idiots. But i do also agree with attributing meaning to something that meant nothing.

Pinkcup, do you feel sexually harassed if someone is acting inappropriately in a bar, not to you but someone nearby? Not being snarky, genuinely curious. Cause as others have mentioned, the initially jackass says it without even looking at or reacting to her in general. He basically shouted it in the guy's ear. He's the one who I would think feels harassed here.

11. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's the distinction for me. I don't think the reporter was the recipient, I think she was a prop holding a microphone who happened to be standing in front of a camera broadcasting a live feed from an event full of drunk idiots. Just like the girl who said it "to" a girl reporter in my second post, or when dudes say it "to" dude reporters. Do you honestly think the girls are trying to sexually harass the girl reporters, or the dudes are trying to hit on the dude reporters, the same way they would cat-call a woman on the street? Or are they all part of a group who like to get drunk and rowdy, are aware of this phrase from seeing other drunken idiots (male and female) use it on the interwebs, and saw an opportunity to fuck with a reporter and get on live TV?

Again, no one here would deny that sexual harassment is a big problem that's been and continues to be overlooked in many cases, but I really think you're swinging at the wrong pitch on this one.

EDIT: Relevant...

#111 Superfantastic, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Interesting news today:

Calgary man fined $402 for 'stunting' for yelling 'FHRITP' at reporter: http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/1...2-for-stunting-for-yelling-fhritp-at-reporter

Turns out he didn't get fined for yelling FHRITP like all the headlines are saying, he did some stupid stuff with his truck, so it got him a "stunting" traffic fine.

And as for this particular case that started the thread: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...o-field-won-t-be-charged-say-police-1.3075727

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And a funny side-effect of this whole thing is that the Google News aggregator automatically pulls up a Wikipedia link for "Fuck Her Right In The Pussy" on their page.

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 9.31.45 AM.jpg

I wonder if there will be any outrage over that?

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, obviously, that's because the code was written by a bunch of sexist male assholes.

#114 Rush-O-Matic, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How do you write this in the same post? Stop being an idiot. And I don't care if someone can come up with one fucking example. Getting away with harassing comments -yes. Awkwarding rubbing employees - no. That was not 'ok' in the 1980s.

16. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have been uncomfortably touched on the neck/shoulders by at least 3 male coworkers, all within the last 5 years. Was it OK? Obviously not. Does it happen anyways? Yes. Luckily for me, I never really felt threatened, nor did I feel like my job was in jeopardy if I recoiled away from them.

I also don't understand the idea of words necessarily holding less power. Clearly you've never heard two men discuss what they think your pussy might taste like walking down the sidewalk behind you.

I really don't think you understand how much sexual harassment women deal with on a daily basis.

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure it happens a lot.

All things being equal I would assume I'd rather deal with the creepy comments than the groping, but then again I'm not on the receiving end.

18. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So then, maybe, as someone not on the receiving end, mightn't it be worth while to give some weight to the opinions and feelings of those who are on the receiving end, rather than assuming what they might perceive as threatening or harassing behavior?

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't want to keep beating a dead horse here. Every situation is different, and I'm not just going to go one way or another without knowing the circumstances/what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.