Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Friday Sober Thread: The George Zimmerman Trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iczorro, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it is uncalled for to use a slur of that degree. Not all white folks are developmentally delayed. Just the ones posting in this thread.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think "Gweilo" is my favorite ethnic slur, "timber nigger" is a hilariously close second.

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Sharpton and Jackson remain suspiciously quiet on Miley Cyrus twerking.

So they don't comment on every white person who commits a racial abomination and gets away without criminal charge.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe they are too shocked because she decided to expose her descending colon.

5. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's stupid as shit. Which race do most "civil rights advocates" advocate for? I'll give you a hint, it's the same race that's the victim of systematic racial oppression in this country. White people can defend their own rights.

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, wholeheartedly.

Rednecks really need to get over this "white people should have everything the black man has". Everything from having a white advocate to W.E.T. (White Entertainment Televison). These are the same people claiming racism is extinct in this country.

This is equivalent to people bitching about handicap people getting the best parking spot. See how utterly ignorant that is?

7. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with your point, but that is a pretty bad analogy.

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why? It can't be that bad of an analogy if my point comes across.

All rednecks see is that parking spot right in front of the entrance and demand to have that too, ignoring the entire reason for the spot to begin with.

9. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BET has got to be the worst example that those people could possibly use. I'm pretty sure most black people don't even like BET let alone watch it.

I find it really annoying when people claim to not have their interests represented by various entertainment industries. If retarded rednecks want a WET, make the goddamn channel and content yourself, if enough people like it then good for you, if not then go get fucked and cry about your tiny niche not being represented in mainstream media enough somewhere else. What the fuck would even be on white entertainment television that isn't already on tv somewhere else? It's almost as annoying as the group of people who cry about there not being enough women in strong roles in video games.

10. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There already is a WET, it's called CMT.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Whites have a W.E.T.

It's called "The History Channel."

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

[quote="scotchcrotch"

This is equivalent to people bitching about handicap people getting the best parking spot. See how utterly ignorant that is?[/quote]

The issue is not that rednecks bitch about legitimately handicap people getting the "best spot"; if they have an actual need to be up close, it makes sense that they should get the primo spot. We are nothing if not old fashioned and chivalrous at heart.

Us rednecks take issue when FAT PEOPLE with handicap stickers they got for being fat take those handicap spots. Fuck that. THEY PARK IN THE BACK OF THE LOT OR WE SHOTGUN THEIR TIRES!!!!

13. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not during February

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Joke's on them. That's when they get reminded of slavery and equal rights that still aren't equal and all that jazz. K-K-K-Kickass entertainment!!

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

On top of everything trial related, he just can't stay out of trouble. Not quite the model citizen he was made out to be. A good guy just doing his part to protect the neighborhood. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You'd think the fucking idiot would want to lay low for a long long time. Maybe move away. But nope. He's been in the news for 4 different things since the verdict.

Helping some victims of a car crash. OK fine, right place, right time.

Speeding. Let off with a warning.

Speeding again. Cited.

And now some altercation with his soon-to-be exwife and her father.

He has got to be one of the stupidest people on the planet.
    Hey fuckface, you got off, run far and disappear.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He is a champion of law and public safety, woman!!! Without him, it would be illegal to stalk and kill innocent teenagers and Florida needs him as a spokesman for their Get Out Of Jail Free law.

17. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Yep. And I am Little Susie Sunshine who just wants everyone to have a bright sunshiney puppies and unicorns kind of day.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to come off as a total internet nut job supporter of the guy but the news has blown this last thing way out of proportion. From the updated stories Ive been reading he was questioned and allowed to leave, not DETAINED or what ever hyperbole they were using. She now admits that she never saw a gun (or that he was even threatening having one from what I can ascertain). I wouldn't sit there and throw the dude under the bus for the killing just because he lost his cool during a marriage break up situation. Not that that situation justifies violence but emotions are running at peak levels. I've seen worse with roommates that have had bad break ups.

I just don't think it is possible for the guy to lay low given the situation he is in. The passions that were inflamed with his trial far exceed say Casey Anthony, who has been able to lay low minus a few brief sojourns with the legal system and the TMZ news reporting. The media is not going to let this situation die. Him getting pulled over twice and ticketed and him helping out at a car crash are absolutely no body's business but his. Hell the family he helped had to fucking distance themselves from everything lest they become part of the shit frenzy. Him touring a gun factory, while maybe a tad in bad taste (debatable), wasn't our business. His marriage falling apart shouldn't be either.

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is spot on. The man was acquitted, he should be able to go about his life in peace. What I see on social media is somewhere in the horrifying/funny spectrum. The same people urging for the justice system to work itself out when others are accused are the same people who refuse to accept the ruling of the justice system in this case. This situation was going to be bad no matter what, but irresponsible reporting and irresponsible statements (from the President no less) are going to keep this dumpster fire going.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I think he should stay outside of the public eye, I also feel it's impossible because the media is just waiting for him to fuck up again. Kinda like OJ. I also feel there is a distinct possibility that his now ex wife knows what a call to the cops would do to his already ruined reputation. And got exactly that. It would be a tool against him in the divorce just to make things shitty for him.

I also think that people are waiting for him to do the tiniest thing to get him locked up. If there can be some sort of retro punishment for him to pay just a little for that shooting, they will jump on it.