Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Game Of Thrones - Book/TV discussions - WITH SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Nettdata, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well he was supposed to be introduced with Selmy again. They're going to wrap everything up in Daario.

Also, everyone else think that Samwell dropped the dagger so Bran can find it later? In the books, you forget how close these people come close to running into each other. This makes it feel like like everyone is constantly million miles apart, when there are a ton of close encounters.

Also, I'm uspet the Hound didn't wrap Arya up in a bedroll after catching her. That would have been a great 30 seconds of killer lines.

2. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found it interesting with the angle they took with the Balon Greyjoy, Robb Stark, Joffrey Baratheon deaths. I don't recall the Melisandre/Stannis involvement in the books.

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I do recall it happening like that in the books. I remember the leeches scene where the chapter basically ended with Stannis saying the three names.

I then remember feeling kind of ripped off by Balon Greyjoy's death, which was completely off camera/out of narrative. It also led to (in my opinion) the most boring part of the books, which is the whole "who takes over the Iron Islands" storyline.

5. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks for clearing that up then, must have just forgotten that part.

6. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was kinda thinking Coldhands was gonna give the dagger back to him when they finally get around to introducing him.

7. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My memory could be fuzzy, but don't Sam and Bran actually meet? I thought it was Sam that guided Bran to get to the other side of the wall. Or am I completely off fucking base here?

It's Bran and the Reed kids who almost run into Jon and the wildlings at the castle just before the raid.

8. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty sure you're right on both counts here. Bran gets "in" his wolf to help Jon escape the wildlings and then Sam takes them to the gate and cold hands waiting outside.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, now I think they're not going to meet and Osha is going to lead them through. Osha and Rickon were supposed to split a long time ago, but they haven't. We'll see. Obviously it was left on the ground for a reason, they shot that top down angle to make sure you saw he left the dagger there.

Anyone else pissed they aren't going balls out with the Free Cities culture? Bravoosi are supposed to be colorful and flamboyant, like more Sallador Saan. The fact they brown washed Daario kinda pisses me off. He's supposed to have gold teeth, colorful hair, a forked beard. He's so goddamn dull. He's also rocking an a Dothraki sword which don't remember him using, but at least they got the female body hilts right.

10. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

He's from Tyros, not Bravos, and the reason they cut out his hair and beard is the same reason they cut the gowns in Quarth- that shit is ridiculous. The producers made the right call. Also, he does use an arakh in the books, along with a Myrish stiletto.

11. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cutting out the gowns in Qarth was a top 10 saddest moment in 2012. Still sad.

12. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't like that he looks generically white, but the bright blue hair, blue and gold facial hair, and bright yellow and blue clothing may have translated poorly to tv - I think it probably would have looked kinda silly if he was as flamboyant as he is in the books. The lady-hilts are awesome though.

What's pissing ME off is that we haven't gotten to see Barristan the Bold throw down yet. One of three men in the world that two-handed Jaime Lannister thinks would beat him in a fight, and we haven't even seen him in action yet? Here's hoping they find an excuse to get him in there whooping some ass on Sunday.

I also want to see some goddamn Coldhands. I'm really thinking he's gonna show up to return the dagger to Sam. They switched up the whole Sam the Slayer sequence entirely though, so who knows... but I can't imagine they're cutting him. He seems important.

13. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, who were the other two? I thought it was more "would have a chance against me" than a definite win. Selmy for certain, but the other two? The Cleganes maybe?

14. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I believe the Prince of Dorne was one (Oberyn Martell)? And the Mountain. Some argument is that isn't Oberyn, but the Hound.

15. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He doesn't specify, but he does mention elsewhere that he thinks he could take at least one of the Cleganes, so it's not generally assumed to be them... I dunno. Honestly I get most of my info from the ASOIAF subreddit.

16. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A Storm of Swords/TV spoiler

Now that the Red Wedding has aired, just anyone think the second-to-last episode for next season with contain Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae as the big shock? I think Purple Wedding will occur pretty early on in the season.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, I'm going with the wedding as episode nine, and the escape/privy + crossbow being in ep ten.

18. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's kind of funny to see everyone's reaction to the Red Wedding. I remember when I read it, I had to put the book down after that chapter to process what I'd just read*, but some of these peoples' reactions are just over the top. I wonder if they'll show Grey Wind's head on Robb's body.

*It takes a hell of an author to get me to react like that to a book.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The freakouts at @redweddingtears were golden. Now the feed is flooded with people saying how much they loved the tears and not enough tears. I'm wondering if they had the BALLS to roll out with the Wolf Head thing coming up next episode. That will be exciting.

20. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm pretty sure RobbWind was sort-of confirmed by someone associated with production, I can't for the life of me find a link though. I'm expecting ep10 to open with him and Catelyn getting tossed into the river with all the dead, and closing with a dramatic eyes-popping-open Stoneheart reveal - if they wait 10 months to do it no one will care anymore, so even though it isn't til the end of the book, I'm thinking they have to do it chronologically - 3 days story-time after the Red Wedding. Plus, Beric and Thoros have a ton more personality in the show, so I can't believe they would do the sacrifice scene offscreen. After Thoros' "I said the words, not because I believed them, but because he was my friend and he was dead and they were the only words I knew" speech, there's just too much emotional potential there.

Overall, I have high hopes for this finale. My only fear is that the title suggests Dany is gonna get a lot of screen time. Unless she's naked I'm honestly not interested in her plotline anymore. Yunkai is fucking boring.