Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General '12/'13 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

No idea who I should be playing at TE this week for my work league. I've got 3 mediocre choices, all with the potential to flop or explode.

Coby Fleener (Ind) - Good chemistry with Luck and the Bears gave up huge fantasy points to TEs last season. But he also might be forced into blocking to protect Luck from the Bears' pass rush.

Heath Miller (Pit) - Reliable and will probably be targeted more with the new offensive coordinator but the Broncos were stingy with fantasy points against TEs last season.

Jared Cook (Ten) - I've been reading a lot of positive things about him but I don't know shit about the Titans and how they play.

Why do I have 3 TEs? No idea really. But now I'm hoping at least two of the three blow up so I can use one of them for trade bait.

2. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm left with a quandry: who to start at RB2 in week 1:

--Rashad Jennings will be facing the Vikings, but he'll be getting the bulk of the carries, but with MJD back, my concern is that if Jennings falters in any way, MJD will take over.

--McGahee is facing a good Steelers defense, and even though he has Manning at QB and the offense is improved, I have concerns about him facing such a strong D

--Stevan Ridley is facing the Titans, and I see this becoming a blowout with the Pats going up big early and leaning on the run. Then again, lets face it, who knows what the Pats are going to do?

Right now I am leaning toward Ridley, I think he's got the highest floor. Jennings has a higher ceiling, as I think he has the potential to explode, but at the same time he could end up with 10 rushes for 20 yards. Any advice?

3. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think Ridley is your best bet, personally. I think the pats go up huge, and Ridley can put up some nice garbage time numbers.

Flex spot in a non-ppr...considering Gerhart, Rashad Jennings, and Torrey Smith. Just read that AP may get 10-15 carries, I'm leaning towards Smith, but I'm not convinced that's the right call.

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Words cannot describe how annoyed I am that I started Cutler (1/10, 13 yards, 1 INT) over RGIII (7/7, 123 yards, 1 TD, 17 rush yards).

Fuck.

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At least Cutler bounced back. I started Gerhart in the Flex over Pierre Garcon

6. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hey, Deangelo Williams! Fuck you!

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had Tom Brady instead of Matt Ryan. Iczorro posted that pic making fun of me but damn. He damn near doubled Brady.

8. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Matt Ryan will out perform Tom Brady this year. I'm calling it now. They both have a lot of great weapons, but New England has a running game this year, while Atlanta has a broken down Michael Turner that they are still somehow committed too, and it is clear that they want to throw the ball all over the field. Roddy White and Julio Jones are both projected to be top 12 Wide Receivers, and that just isn't physically possible without Matt Ryan losing his fucking mind. I targeted Ryan in both my drafts, and missed out on him both times, because fuck.

I did end up with RGIII in both leagues, though. Guess who is starting next week against the Rams?

I also went today and picked up Stephen Hill (WR-Jets) and Alfred Morris (RB-Was). Sure, it is pure conjecture based on one week, but I only had to give up Rashad Jennings (it is clear MJD is still the man in Jax, plus he got hurt), and Kendall Wright (who didn't do shit, and won't do shit once Kenny Britt is back next week). If they pan out next week, you can bet your ass I'll be throwing them on the trade block right next to Ridley and McGahee.

Edit: About to propose a trade, let me know if you think this would be insane:

I'd send him Roddy White and Stevan Ridley for Calvin Johnson.

My thinking is that A) Roddy White will be a WR1 this year, especially in a PPR league and B) Ridley is a MASSIVE upgrade over his current RBs (Marshawn Lynch, Fred "my knee exploded" Jackson, and Ryan "backup to Beanie Wells" Williams).

Of course, it is also for Megatron. His other WRs are Mike Wallace (eh) and Miles Austin (again, eh), and I sure as shit wouldn't give up Roddy White to get either of those guys.

I'd be willing to upgrade the trade slightly to be Roddy White and Ryan Mathews for Megatron but that'd be it (and that would make my starting RBs every week Ray Rice and Stevan Ridley, which I'd be okay with).

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So who is trying to pick up Olgetree and Kerley after this weeks performances? I'm holding on to Kendall Wright for another week, because Washington went down hard.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had Waivers for Ogletree and Morris before their games even finished...

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good thing I drafted Morris and then sent him off for Simpson. Should have stayed with my gut on that one.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Won all 3 leagues this week. Fuck yes.

13. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looking for recommendations please as a completely new Fantasy player with limited football knowledge. My husband is out of town so I am relying on your advice here!

WR - who should I start/bench, Wes Welker (who was disappointing last week) or Torrey Smith? I also have Steve Smith as an option, but have pretty much decided to play him. Anybody I should try to pick up? Ogletree isn't an option, but Hill is.

RB - Currently starting McGahee and Shonn Greene and benching Michael Bush (he had a decent week but I don't know if that was a fluke). What do you think?

14. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Heath Miller will be a good choice. It's not a fluke that he's being targeted more, it's their new offensive play calling. He could have had a lot more points last week but they kept calling back his receptions with penalties and Ben was off target in the end zone. I'm starting him in one of my leagues.

Yahoo has some great resources. I'm not sure what they offer if you aren't in one of their leagues though.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, my team screwed the fucking pooch today. One more reason for me to hate Tony Romo.

16. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am ready to trade away my entire fucking team. My highest scorer was a whopping 12 points (and that included my bench, so it wasn't as if I didn't start the right players). And that huge scorer wasn't Aaron Rodgers. In my league of 14, I am fully expecting to be dead last. It seemed that my entire team had an off game. Well, there is always next week. Anybody I should have my eye on? Clearly I am weak in pretty much every position.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In one league, I am somehow winning going into tomorrow, despite starting Cutler, and having a grand total of 34 points. My opponent has 28. We both just had absolutely ungodly awful weeks. Of course, mine was of my own doing (as I had 24 points on my bench in the form of RGIII).

I am absolutely dominating in my main league, though. I'll be 2-0 and easily atop the standings. I've also got Ryan Mathews, Alfred Morris, and Willis McGahee on my bench (with Ridley and Ray Rice starting), so I can easily make a trade to improve my team. My only real "weakness" is my wide receivers (DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Roddy White), all of whom are performing very well thus far this season, so I can't complain.

Should be a good year in that league.

18. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My two running backs and TE combined for a solid 7 points this week. Fucking Mcfadden going from a great game to nothing, Bradshaw getting hurt, and Gates not even playing. God. Damn.

19. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Were you surprised at this? I can't even remember the last time he wasn't hurt.

20. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My entire team basically forgot to show up this week, with exception of Trent Richardson. What an awful clusterfuck.

I'm still patrolling the waiver wires to shore up WR. All the hot pickups from last week were taken off waivers by people with higher priority than me. Looking at Brandon Gibson and Andrew Hawkins right now as both have had ok production in the first two games. You guys have any other suggestions?