Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General '12/'13 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Jul 23, 2012.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since I have Richardson in the TIB league, I'll assume you're referring to another one.

Of those two, Gibson is the better choice. But not of reliable starter quality. Is Brandon Lafell available? If so, I like him more than either of those guys. If you're seriously in a situation where you're considering starting Andre Hawkins, you perhaps should be looking into trades.

2. megan

megan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I need to fill one RB/WR spot and two WR spots. Standard scoring, no PPR. Here are my choices:

Kevin Smith v. Ten
    Shonn Greene v. Mia
    Dwayne Bowe v. NO
    Greg Jennings v. Sea
    Michael Crabtree v. Min
    Santonio Holmes v. Mia
    Denarius Moore v. Pit

Thoughts? I'm thinking Smith, Bowe and either Jennings or Crabtree. I'm playing my husband this week so I can't get an opinion from him.

3. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd go with Crabtree. Seattle's defense at home with home field noise advantage is going to make life difficult for Green Bay.

Edit: I'd flip a coin between Holmes and Crabtree, to be honest.

4. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, this is for my ridiculous Yahoo league. Lafell is not available.

Right now, I have:

Julio Jones, Anquan Boldin, Kendall Wright, Denarius Moore, Domenik Hixon, Jeremy Kerley, and Joshua Cribbs. My league is a PPR league, and also does give points for KR/PR too. I have to start 3 WRs and I have a W/R flex and a W/TE flex. Yes, my friend who set up the league is a fucking retard.

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmm. Start Jones, Boldin, and Kerley for now. Pick up Gibson and start him at your flex alongside Cribbs (assuming return yards are at least 1 point per 20 yards). If you have any other positional depth, look to trade for a #2 receiver (aim for someone between Jones and Boldin. Admittedly that's a wide swath).

6. Reifer

Reifer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just got a trade offer and I'm wondering what everyone thinks of it. The guy is willing to give me Gostkowski and Santonio Holmes for Janikowski. I have Nate Kaeding on my bench and I'm pretty well off on receivers with Bowe, Megatron, and Vincent Jackson as my flex. Is it even worth it to make this trade, or am I just getting extra shit to fill up bench slots?

Also, it's a two QB league and my starters right now are Newton and Flacco with Bradford on the bench. I'm on the fence as to whether or not to swap Flacco out for Bradford this week. Any thoughts?

7. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Peyton Manning
    LeSean McCoy
    Michael Bush
    DeSean Jackson
    Santonio Holmes
    Mike Wallace
    VIncent Jackson
    Demaryius THomas
    Jason Witten
    Eagles
    Garret Hartley

Bench:
    Shane Vereen
    Alex Smith
    James Starks
    Matt Cassel
    Brandon Jackobs
    Bernard Pierce
    Jermaine Gresham

Besides having the worst bench in history, is it a good idea for me to give up Vincent Jackson for Jonathan Stewart. I know where you get your points from doesn't matter but I have no depth at running back.

8. Reifer

Reifer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would say no. Jackson is clearly the go to guy in TB and Stewart, while having big moments at times, has to share the workload with Williams, Tolbert, and most importantly, Cam.

9. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an embarrassment of Riches at RB, so not sure what to do:

RB1: Ray Rice (gotta start him)
    RB2: Stevan Ridley (at Bal), Ryan Mathews (Atl), Alfred Morris (Cin), McGahee (Hou)

I'm leaning towards Mathews if he plays, Morris if Mathews is out. I realize this is Mathews first week back, but it is a PPR league (a big plus for Mathews over the other three), and I just don't trust Ridley against Baltimore. McGahee had a big game last week and I think he'll have a solid season, but he is more trade bait than anything right now.

Thoughts?

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, from what I've seen, Ridley is the nugget of gold no one else looked for, and we ended up with. He's the start. Matthews is coming back from a broken collarbone, he'll get 1/3 of the runs, just to get him back in the game. McGahee is fool's gold IMO

11. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I thought I was going to have an advantage when the dude I'm up against this week played Hakeem Nicks by accident (didn't play last night). Too bad Cam Newton shit the bed and was so far below his projection that he didn't matter if he got 0 points from Nicks.

I'm have some trouble picking a flex this week. I've got McGahee, Nate Washington, and James Jones. If McGahee wasn't playing Houston I would start him without question. And Jones didn't do shit last week so I'm leaning towards Washington.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 0-2. Completely fucked up my draft and in for the worst season of my fantasy football career. Makes me sad because this is also the league I've put more money on than any of my other fantasy leagues combined.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't get me wrong, Ridley is awesome, I just have reservations about him facing Baltimore. Ridley is going to be a beast, especially in games when New England goes up big, but I don't think that will happen this week. I think it will be more of a shoot out, and Ridley is facing a very tough run defense.

It bugs me to no end that I can't trade Mathews or Ridley. Why the fuck does no one want either of them?

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You wanna trade Ridley to me in any league we're both in? I'll give you my backup QB (who's good), and a second line RB.

Shit, I kinda wanna trade Chris Johnson in this board's money league, but apparently he's on the no trade list. Like, I'm literally not able to offer him up for trade...

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was thinking the same thing but noticed that Baltimore has actually given up 129 yards rushing in each of their games with 3 touchdowns (and some RB receptions). Their YPC is a little better, but is still not fantastic. Baltimore has given up a lot of yards this year.

16. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Can't believe Ray Rice is projected for nearly 40 points tonight. I know it's Cleveland and all, but are they really going to rush for 5 touchdowns?

17. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear Fantasy Gods,

Why is it that when I have Pitta playing and Anquan Boldin sitting on the bench, Flacco doesn't throw to Pitta once? CAN YOU EXPLAIN ME THAT PLEASE

18. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've been looking for a second QB, as I only have Schaub right now. Other than this past week when he got 25+ points, he has had games of 7, 10, and 14 points.

The proposed trade is Alfred Morris & Greg Olsen for Cam Newton.

My RB situation is: Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, Rashard Mendenhall.
    with my TE situation: Jermichael Finley, Greg Olsen.

I have super depth at RB, and I don't really find it necessary to have more than one TE when I can possibly get a starter out of the trade.

Is there any reason to not make this trade? (Newton has got to get his shit together at some point this season right?)
    Thanks.

19. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd find someone else in the league and trade for a better starting quarterback. Giving up Martin or Richardson for a quality starter is a better trade than hoping Newton does anything good this year.

20. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

2-0 in my paid league. 9th overall draft pick.

1st pick had to be Newton. 2nd was MJD.

Cam failed to perform against Giants D, so I'm starting Dalton over him this week against Jags.

POINTS TOWN.