Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General '12/'13 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Jul 23, 2012.

1. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am in bye week hell, and apparently no one in my league is willing to trade anything for anyone.

I offered a guy McGahee for Torrey Smith. His WRs are Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, and Mike Wallace. His RBs are Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson.

I felt this trade would greatly benefit us both. It offered him depth and options at RB and me depth and options at WR. He completely ignored it. I know he saw it, it was up for a week and a half and he changed his lineup in that time. It just annoys me. Either fucking reject the trade, counter it, or do SOMETHING. Not responding is such a dick move.

So I am left with Alfred Morris, Willis McGahee, Ryan Mathews, Ray Rice, and Stevan Ridley, and no one will trade for fucking any of them. God damn it, it is fucking annoying. I am asking for WR3 level players for Ridley, McGahee, and Morris, and no one will fucking bite. There are teams that are 2-4 starting Doug Martin and Chris Johnson, or Steven Jackson and Darren Sproles, or Andre Brown and Mikel LeShoure, and every single one of my fucking RBs outranks them, but no one is willing to even consider a damn trade.

What the fuck, man. What. The. Fuck.

2. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

FLEX: Andrew Hawkins or Nate Washington?

Leaning towards the Wash.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ, I've got 4 guys out with injuries and 3 on bye this week. Doug Martin gives me 32 points and I'm still going to lose.

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You want shit for luck? I'm the highest scoring team in the league, and I am about to go to .500, because every fucking week I run up against someone who has a monster week.

5. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RGIII- 11.88
    Megatron- 7.60
    Ahmad Bradshaw- 5.80
    Antonio Gates- 3.40
    Michael Bush- .50

Fuck. Me.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is very similar to me. Frustrating. However, this week I think my luck has turned around! Unless, of course, my opponent manages to score 70 points with her two remaining players (which I shouldn't rule out with the way things are going for me).

So anyway, my game for the week is played and I am looking ahead to next week when Rodgers has a bye. I currently don't have a back up QB so obviously need to pick one up. Here are my options at this point....

Cutler vs. Houston
    Wilson vs NYJ
    Sanchez vs Sea
    Gabbert vs Ind
    Tannehill vs Tenn

Also - I have the Lions D/ST. I am not complaining, they scored in the positive so that has been a nice change for me over the past couple of weeks. But I think I can do better long term. Here is what is available, should I switch:

Ravens vs Oak (They were who I had first but dumped them when the injuries seemed to be affecting them and scored in the negative)
    Vikings vs Det (again, I had them, dumped them when they scored in the negative)
    Buccaneers vs SD
    Panthers vs Den

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Homer alert. Russell Wilson at home has a better QB rating then every other QB in the league. I started him today and naturally he has 3 TD passes in the FIRST HALF.

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any thoughts on BJGE v Stevie Johnson v Marcel Reece in a PPR league? BJGE is the safe and boring option. Johnson is facing the horrendous NE secondary. Reece (pass catching FB) is a feast-or-famine guy with Oakland's backfield being decimated.

9. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd lean towards Stevie, based mostly on the fact that he is a great garbage time scorer, and the Bills will have to throw a LOT towards the end of the game. The only time that Fitzpatrick is effective is when he is playing from behind and throwing it around, so I'd expect Stevie to get somewhere between 6 and 8 catches, and it wouldn't surprise me if he found the end zone.

Quandry myself: RGIII is on bye, so I need a fill in QB

My options are

Alex Smith against StL
    Andy Dalton Against NYG
    Jay Cutler against Hou

Right now I'm leaning towards Alex, but Dalton has had a good year, and it is entirely possible Cutler has a good day against Houston. Alex is just the safest pick right now, especially since I have Rice against Oakland, Ridley against Buffalo, White against New Orleans, and Pittsburgh defense against an awful KC team, so I feel like I just need a decent day from my QB (200 yards and a TD or 2 would be nice).

Any advice?

10. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just know that I'm happy to have Houston's defense facing off against Cutler, probably not good to start him.

11. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Dear Taiwan Jones and by extension, the Raiders,

I hope you all get necrotizing fasciitis. On your dicks.

Love,

FC

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm ahead of a guy in my work league by 34 points right now, but he's got Isaac Redman and Heath Miller starting against the Chiefs tonight in a PPR league. I'm nervous.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went with Alex Smith. Fucked that up, huh?

I have the Steelers defense going against Jamaal Charles, and I was up by 15 points going into the game tonight. I felt very confident. I neglected to remember the Steeler's capacity to fuck up even the simplest things this year, like beating the god damn 1-7 Chiefs at home in the rain.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe this turn around. After starting 0-3 I've won seven straight to be tied for first place. It's funny because the other person has been favored most weeks, but yahoo projections are terrible. All kinds of middle of the road receivers are constantly projected to get more points than Andre Johnson and often times mediocre running backs are projected to have double what Frank Gore 'should' get. I seriously have no idea where yahoo comes up with this shit.

I recently dropped Heyward-Bey for Cincinatti's defense since they have a good match up this week and the giants were on a bye. I thought about dumping the giants defense, but they've scored way more points than anyone available. However, I'm wondering if I should dump them given the two teams remaining schedules. Holding onto to two defenses, even for a couple weeks just feels kind of stupid. However, this is the rest of my team:

Aaron Rodgers
    Andy Dalton
    Andre Johnson
    Brian Hartline
    Michael Crabtree
    Greg Jennings
    Greg Olsen
    Frank Gore
    Ryan Matthews
    Pierre Thomas
    Robbie Gould

Start 3 recievers, two RB, no flex. My team should be very, very good once Jennings comes back, and as long as there isn't any injuries I feel pretty good about my chances. I kind of hate my TE (who I recently picked up and dropped Celek) but I can live with that. The thing that sucks though is our league gives $40 per week to the highest scoring team and despite being second in points that hasn't happened for me once. I need to make the semis to get in the money. I'm going to punch a hole though the wall if I get the 3 seed, lose in the wild card round, and then never get top points.

I'm kind of pissed off at our commissioner. Awhile back I wanted to deal Turner, but according to rules we have four on our bench and need to have a back up QB, WR, and RB. I had no back up receivers at the time so our commissioner makes me drop Turner(without asking) and leaves Danny fucking Woodhead on my team instead. It was a total douche move, and I have no doubt he did it to stop me from improving. Dick.

15. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How I eeked out a win last week I will never know. After two weeks with a loss despite being the second highest scorer, I will certainly take the reverse. But that luck won't hold over to this week I am sure.

So advice needed on which RB, WR, TE to play:

QB- Rodgers (welcome back, I missed you)
    RB - McGahee, Daniel Thomas, Shonn Greene, Michael Bush
    WR - Welker, Hartline, Torrey Smith, Steve Smith
    TE - Owen Daniels (out last week due to injury, but will hopefully be back), Witten
    D/ST - Ravens
    K - Robbie Gould

I need 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE.

And Hartline and Thomas play tonight so I need to decide today!

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

McGhee should be a starter regardless. If those are your RB's he should never be out of your lineup.
    Out of the rest, It's a toss up between Greene and Thomas. I'd lean towards Greene.
    Welker as well should never be out of your lineup.
    I'd start Torrey next, and Hartline over him if the Dolphins are playing someone with a HORRIBLE secondary.
    If Daniels is healthy, start him. Jacksonville is terrible.

17. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you for the advice!

It is Hartline vs Buffalo or T. Smith vs Eagles.

Both are pretty shitty, no?

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am starting Hartline, if I get 7 points outta him I'll be happy.

19. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Buffalo has a marginally better defense than Philly, but more so, Philly is throwing a rookie QB out there and Baltimore has no problems with running up the score if they see fit.

20. Solid Ssssnake

Solid Ssssnake
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

(It's actually Torrey Smith vs Pittsburgh.)

I'm in a PPR league, and have been starting Heath Miller as my TE. He's been fairly consistent each week. However, since Big Been is out, I'm kinda worried about how that affects his production. I also have had Antonio Gates on my bench since he straight up sucked for me the first few weeks of the season, and haven't dropped him because I wanted to see how Heath worked out.

Anyone have any thoughts on if I should go back to Gates now? He has put up dece numbers 3/4 past weeks, but faces Denver who I'm afraid will dominate them the whole game instead of just the second half like last game.

Thanks in advance.