Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General '12/'13 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go with Miller.
    TE's will always be the safety valve when a QB can't find open WR's. Denver is going to dismantle the Chargers.

2. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My running back situation has been so shaky all year- been riding Mcfadden and Bradshaw for all they got, and they have sucked many dicks and this week are hurt/on bye, so I've been scouring the waiver wire. Here's what I got-

Jacquizz Rodgers Vs Arizona
    Marcel Reece Vs New Orleans
    Chris Ivory Vs Oakland

2 slots, who gets the bench? I'm leaning towards Reece and Ivory playing.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reese and Ivory

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So for the first time ever, I have a WR problem. Do I start Amendola against the Revis-less Jets, or do I start DeSean Jackson against the terrible Redskins secondary? Keep in mind, this is a .5 PPR league, which is what is making this decision so hard.

Amendola is getting 10 to 12 targets a game, and is capable of being a PPR monster. DeSean is capable of at least one big play against a bad Redskins team.

Fuck.

I have Rice against Pittsburgh, Ridley against Indy, Jimmy Graham against Oakland, RGIII against Philly, and Roddy White against Arizona, so I have a lot of good match ups this week, but so does my opponent. Just don't know whether to play safe and get the guaranteed 10 points, or hope DeSean explodes for 20 points and live with it if he screws me over and only gets 5.

5. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Amendola, no questions.
    He's the best receiver on the Rams and Philly is going with a rookie QB.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What popped cherries said. It would be a close call normally, but Foles is too big of a question mark. That's why I dumped Celek. I've ruined fantasy seasons before because I underestimated how much back up QBs can suck. Amendola has had 9+ targets 4 of the last 5 games. Go with the safer play.

I have to say though, my league has PPR, and I think it's really stupid. 2 yard catches shouldn't be worth more than ten yard runs. You also shouldn't get positive points for catches that yield negative yardage (we give a full point for PPR in my league, plus 0.5 points per completion among other lame point awarding).

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In light of Big Ben's injury should I start the Law Firm and Amendola over Mike Wallace? League is PPR.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's Byron Leftwich. There's not much more to say than that.

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mendenhall, M. Williams, or Malcom Floyd in the flex? PPR league.

10. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you kidding me Drew Brees? 5 sacks and 2 pick sixes. Playing against the 49ers D, had this game locked until this retardation.

11. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The guy I am playing this week hasn't changed his lineup in three weeks.

He handed wins on a silver platter to the two guys in front of me and the guy chasing me. Last week, facing the guy with the best record, and he didn't start a QB (his QB is Eli). Fucker lost by half a point. If he had set his lineup, the guy in first would've lost and I'd only be 1 game behind him. If he had set his lineup for the past three weeks, I'd be in 2nd and lined up for a bye week for the playoffs, and angling for first place.

So this week, of course, bye weeks are over AND he set his lineup for the first time in three weeks, and this is the week he gets lucky as shit (Michael Bush, Bears D, Brandon Marshall, Felix Jones, Jason Witten, all scoring in double digits). He was told to set his lineup this week by my brother and another guy who are fighting with me to get into the playoffs (and who both beat him when he wasn't setting it). Going into the last two games, he has Eli Manning and Steve Smith, and I only have DeSean Jackson. I am up by 30, but I'm still worried.

Is it wrong for me to call bullshit? I feel like its bullshit that they only made him set his lineup after he played them but before he played me. On top of that, my brother was bragging that they told everyone not to trade with me. I want to punch him in the face.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I lost last week by two points on a late safety. Now, I'm going to lose by 0.25 this week assuming Olsen doesn't catch another pass. Unfuckingbelievable. And I thought I had that shit locked up with Rodgers to go Sunday night. Guess not.

13. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Honestly, shit like this is the reason I don't play fantasy anymore.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ended up winning by 4 points, which moved me into the 2nd seed (1st round bye in the playoffs), and secured a playoff spot. My little brother lost this week and is now almost out of the playoff hunt (will take a miracle to get him in), so fuck him. The guy in first lost last week, too, so I have a shot at the 1 seed if he loses this week. The guy in first is playing the guy in 6th trying to get in (and the 2nd highest scorer in the league, behind me), while I am playing the last place team and the lowest scorer in the league. Luck will earn me the number 1 seed and a bye, but worst case scenario will land me in 4th, but at least its still in the playoffs.

I am talking SO MUCH SHIT towards my brother. He has literally refused to speak to me this week because I've been giving him so much shit. "Even colluding with your buddies, you couldn't beat me! You have Aaron Rodgers and you had the first overall pick, and you SUCK! How do you lose with Aaron Rodgers, AJ Green, and Percy Harvin on your roster? How are you that bad?"

In my other league, where I've been 9th (out of 10) for most of the season, I am now one win away from making the playoffs, after a three game winning streak where I've been the highest scorer in the league for those three weeks. RunDMC getting hurt and forcing me to sit him has been the best thing to ever happen to me.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All in the game, yo. All in the game.

Sneaky shit within the rules is not only to be expected, but practically encouraged. For example, when I saw that my opponent's tight end might not play last week, I immediately went and scooped up the best available TE replacements off the waiver wire. Not that I needed them, of course. But he might.

#155 MoreCowbell, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Blocking me from getting guys on the waiver wire is one thing. Threatening to boot people from the league for trading with me? That is pure horseshit, my friend.

#156 D26, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it in the rules or the law? No? Then it's all in the game.

18. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really, nothing at all shady about a commissioner using his power to stop trades and threaten to kick people out? Apparently you and I have different views of what is shady, especially when money is involved.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like you shouldn't be in that league then eh? The TiB paid league fucked me twice (I love Auction draft). I'm still in top 3. Who is the commissioner and you should have known their hijinks beforehand.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, the thing is, the commissioner is my brother's best friend, and this hadn't happened in past years, but this year my little brother was just completely and totally intent on beating me and fucking me over, to the point where he enlisted his best friend/the commissioner to try to fuck me over. Turns out that's why I couldn't complete any trades, because my brother and the commissioner said they'd veto any trades (it is commissioner approval) and kick out anyone who traded with me next year. It hasn't been an issue until this year, so I likely won't rejoin next year (regardless of how I finish this year), because it is bullshit.