Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General '12/'13 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Jul 23, 2012.

1. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Figure out his password and drop all of his players right before a playoff game. If you're not re-joining the league, fuck him.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, you didn't mention that. The commissioner veto business falls under "in the rules."

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I want to make sure I have this right.

He is completely within his rights, as commissioner, to veto any trade based on absolutely anything he wants (He is playing me! No trade! He is ahead of me! No trade! I don't want anyone trading unless it is with me! No trade!). People are free to work together and collude to ensure no one can make trades. He is allowed to work with others to ensure they tank games against him but go all in against me. He is totally within his rights to kick people out of the league if they attempt to trade with me.

Where does it end? What are the "rules?"

Can he go in and change my roster right before kickoff? I mean, he has the power and it isn't against any "rules." Can he lock a team that attempts to trade with me anyway? Again, its within his power and not against any rules. Can he go into my roster and drop players that he wants, then pick them up himself? That isn't against any rules, either, and it is well within his power as commissioner.

My point is simple: there is a thin line between being competitive and being a shady cheating dick. They're crossing that line, and honestly if your philosophy is "I can do whatever it takes to win," I hope you are never, ever a league commissioner. He has done everything just short of fucking with or locking my roster.

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh untwist thy knickers. I already am, for what it's worth.

My point is that I think league commissioners have an unstated responsibility (usually only left unstated because all involved consider it obvious) to be on the up-and-up in the way that ordinary players do not. For the same reason that you'd expect a player or GM to be sneaky in favor of one team, but not Roger Goodell. Y'all shouldn't be letting this guy be commissioner.

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you were defending the commissioner by saying that him vetoing trades that he hated were "within the rules." My fault. I agree about commissioners (I am one, myself), and my thoughts on trades was always "if both parties agree, let it go, unless there is blatantly obvious collusion (i.e. someone trades Ray Rice for Earl Bennett)."

This guy has been league commissioner of this league for seven years, and it is all my brother and his friends, and he invited me in a few years ago (I have finished 2nd, 4th, 3rd, and 3rd in the past four years there). He even went out and bought a trophy a couple of years ago, and made a "Sacko" trophy, too. I have never had these issues, and I'm not sure how much is the commissioner and how much is my brother being a dick. I personally think it is primarily my brother and the commissioner (his best friend) is just going along with it because it helps him, too. My little brother has always had this crazy competitive streak against me, mostly because he spent his entire life being compared to me (unfavorably, mostly), and now he is just pushing it too far this year.

I think the moral of the story is "don't be in a fantasy league against a stupidly competitive little brother."

6. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crabree or Fitzgerald? As much as I want to keep Fitz in, Crabree has a chance for a good game. Fitz was one of my keepers this year and has been a pretty big let down with the revolving door at QB. I also have Cecil Shorts to throw in, too. I'm pretty sure I'll start him, though.

7. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Balls. So apparently Mcfadden may be coming back. I have him, Marcel Reece, and Knowshon Moreno to fill another spot. It was gonna be Reece, but now I don't know. Bleh injuries.

8. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in the same spot with Reece and McFadden, and I know the Raiders will still go with McFadden despite the fact that he is having an awful year and Reece has been killing it lately, so I said fuck it and benched 'em both in favor of Bryce Brown.

9. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have Bryce Brown in too haha. I've apparently been getting lucky with RBs picked up off the waiver wire lately.

10. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who has two thumbs and didn't play Bryce Brown this week (opted for Alfred Morris and Ray Rice)?

This fucking guy right here.

Regardless, still making the playoffs in both of my leagues. 8th seed in one league, but riding a streak of three 100+ point games (Megatron and RGIII getting hot at the right time, and great waiver moves that got me Bryce Brown, Marcel Reece, and Mikel LeShoure).

In the other league, I'll be the 4th seed (unless RGIII, Alfred Morris, and Santana Moss combine for 62 points tomorrow). Too many running backs to choose from, though (Rice, Morris, Ridley, Brown, Mathews). Ray Rice is in, its just a matter of who else to put in.

I have Bryce Brown against Tampa, Morris against Baltimore, and Ridley against Houston.

I'm leaning towards Brown. Ridley has been splitting carries a lot more recently, and while Morris has been fairly consistently good, Brown has a higher ceiling in an offense that will be leaning on him, and he is coming off of two monster performances.

Do I play it safe with Morris, or go for the home run with Brown?

For the record, the rest of my roster:
    RGIII against Baltimore
    Roddy White at Carolina
    Stevie Johnson against StL
    Santana Moss against Baltimore
    Ray Rice against Washington
    Jimmy Graham at the Giants
    The Jets Defense at Jacksonville (I'm purely playing matchups in terms of defenses, and this was the best available)

Not a lot of great matchups, so I am pretty concerned. Any advice? What RB should I go with?

11. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finally Maclin puts up good numbers, needed that TD

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, unless Rodgers and Jennings hook up 4 times tonight for tds I'm pretty much fucked in the playoffs.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm fucked unless Welker breaks his fucking knee.

I am down by 20 in one league, with Mikel LeShoure, Megatron, and Aaron Hernandez going against Welker. This league only gives 1 point for 20 receiving/rushing yards, so I am most assuredly fucked unless all three find the end zone multiple times.

I am up by 13 in my other league, with only Mike Thomas left (starting opposite Megatron), while he has Welker and Schaub.

Even if I win, my QB is RGIII, in both leagues, who likely won't go next week, leaving me up shit creek without a paddle.

14. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rapelisburger (@Dallas) or Matt Schaub (vs. Indy) this week?

15. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While Dallas has a better defense against the pass, I think Houston is going to run the ball down Indy's throat, non stop. I would be shocked of Shaub threw it more than 25 times. Roethlesberger, however, has no running game to speak of, and therefore will have to throw it a lot.

Based on volume alone, I'd probably start the Rapist. That is actually good for me, too, since I have Roethlesberger as my backup for RGIII.

16. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sure hope you took my advice. I started Roethlesberger and he is helping me to the finals.

In my other league, I ended up going with matchup by starting Freeman against New Orleans, only to watch him completely and utterly shit the bed.

Know who else was on the waiver wire? Russell Wilson. Know who isn't advancing in that league? This guy.

17. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ha! Actually I picked up Wilson, although my opponent's team shit the bed so badly, I could have had RG3 starting and still won. Next week is going to be much, much tougher. Think I should stick with Russell at home against the Niners? I'm a Seahawks fan through and through, but I'm worried I'm being a homer

18. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm rolling with Wilson in that league. I'm playing for 3rd now (earns me my buy-in back), so I might as well keep trying. Unless RGIII makes a recovery and starts next week.

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Law Firm (PIT), Stevie J (BAL), Amendola (TB), Wallace (CIN), Decker(CLE). Pick two.

My abundance of decent but not great options annoys me.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Amendola and Stevie Johnson. Amendola is facing one of the worst secondaries in football, and will see double digit targets. Johnson is pretty much the only WR in Buffalo, and he'll see an abundance of targets as well.