Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by D26, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My ridiculously dominant fantasy streak is likely to end this week since my opponent has Brady (his backup to Manning) and Riley Cooper. Jeezus.

I need a hell of a lot of points out of Nelson and Forte tomorrow.

I wouldn't get too balled up about Ryan yet. Two weeks isn't the end of the world and today was against a pretty stout defense. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself of.

2. theRookie

theRookie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Missing Julio and White is really killing him.

I'm not dropping him, but I'm not starting him next week either. Brady is on a bye, so it's an easy decision -- Foles has earned the chance to start, regardless of opponent

3. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What kind of leagues are you people playing in that Matt Ryan and Tom Brady are on the same team? Or Brady and Manning? Wah wah I had to pick which Pro Bowler to start wah.

An even better question is why is anyone carrying 3 QBs? The fuck is this, a free ESPN 6 team league?!

Also, I sat Foles for Ryan. Good thing the rest of my team is Peterson, Lynch, Forte, DJax, Marshall, Gronk and Graham in a PPR, 6 point passing TDs, 9 point return TDs, and 18 point flea flicker TDs league. And I'm still gonna win.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This particular guy that I'm playing is an idiot. He had the #1 overall pick, where he drafted Manning, and then drafted Brady in the 3rd round & sat him all season until this week.

I can't imagine why you'd carry 3 QBs unless it's a league where you start 2 each week.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The guy I play this week is our biggest trash talker, even though he's in last place. He finally got his first win last week and all he's been going on about is how he's going to go "turn the whole thing around" and "go from worst to first" (which isn't even technically possible at this point, but whatever). I said nothing in response to this until after last nights game ended and after my buzzsaw of Romo, DeSean Jackson, Andre Johnson, Marshawn Lynch and Jimmy Graham left him in an inconsolable puddle of his own blood and piss.

Now, granted, next week all of those guys will probably shit the bed and I'll go back to being on the outside of the playoff spots, but oh well...

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, my opponent ended up the week with 175 points (it's a standard scoring league - 8 players, no flex). I can't even be upset about losing too that.

And going back to the QB and back ups to your starter and back ups to the back up. I have Matt "interception" Ryan on my roster, that is all. Should I be looking for a second option? Ryan seems to be having a bit of a slump. Foles, Cutler, and Dalton are available.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't trust Foles. Dalton has a good receiving corps, but is pretty inconsistent - as evidenced by the fact that he averaged 40 ppg for a 3 week stretch, but the 2 weeks before that and 1 week after averaged 7.3 ppg.

I picked up Cutler - to hedge against Ryan down the stretch - but Dalton is not a bad pick up either and he's healthy right now rather than in a week or two.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Information like, "Dalton is on the waiver wire" is stuff we should know before giving advice.

9. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok so the previously mentioned three QBs are on the waiver wire (aka available). Not sure what number I'll be but it's been 9-10 this entire time so will likely continue to be at the end of the list (10 players)

10. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd 1000% pick up Dalton and bench Ryan.
    Ryan has to play N.O., SEA, TB, and SF in 4 of the next 7 games.
    Dalton's only real test from a defensive standpoint is CLE and PIT in the next 7 games.

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Upon further thinking, dump Ryan altogether. He's going to be a curse on your bench and you are going to be wondering each week whether this is the week he will "go off". The first time Dalton scores 13 points and Ryan has a 20pt+ game, you are going to bench Dalton and ride Ryan to your grave. I'd see if you could trade Ryan to someone for a RB/WR that's not highly regarded and rid him from your mind.
    Ask people the past few years who've rode Chris Johnson to 8th place because they refused to drop him and pick up a hot waiver wire pickup.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't like it unless you can actually get a little value out of Ryan and not just dump him. He's had two bad weeks (and two weeks ago, he still threw for 300 yds and a TD), with last week coming against the defense ranked #1 against opposing QBs. Virtually all the QBs in the top ten had at least two back-to-back weeks of mediocre play, and most of them were not against terrific defenses.

If you can fill a hole in your lineup or upgrade somewhere, sure. Otherwise, I think you'd be better served to bench him and see if he puts up a big game, at which point he will have more value for a trade. You trade him now, he's at the bottom of his value.

13. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, let's not forget what the Seahawks actually look like on the road:
    Code:
    WK	 OPP	ATT	YDS	TD	PTS
    1	@Car	23	125	1	14
    2	SF	28	127	0	5
    3	Jac	38	235	0	5
    4	@Hou	49	355	2	25
    5	@Ind	29	229	2	30
    6	Ten	29	171	0	5
    7	@Ari	45	258	1	12
    8	@StL	31	158	0	3
    9	TB	23	168	2	19
    Their dominant performances are at home. @StL was against a backup QB and a pair of RBs that put up almost 200 yards on them. Their next best performance was against Arizona, and 12 points is only a little under what Palmer is averaging.

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll plan to hold on to Ryan for now. And realistically probably won't play Jeffrey anyway with Marshall on my lineup. I submitted a trade request to trade Alshon Jeffrey for Philip Rivers so we'll see what happens (he has Peyton and mediocre receivers). Considering my league hasn't made a single trade I don't expect it to go far.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had stashed the Bengals for this week's KC bye, but the Titans and Cardinals are both available against Jacksonville and Houston, respectively. I'm not sure I like the Houston matchup with a new quarterback at the helm, not a lot of game tape for them to go on. The Jacksonville matchup seems hard to ignore...

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With Blackmon gone from the Jags, it's back to them not scoring above 14 points again. Play whoever is against the Jags this week.

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somehow Rivers was available in my league as a FA, so I picked him up in place of Cutler, and now I'm not sure whether or not to start him or Romo this weekend. Both games have the potential to be shootouts and I'm in a league where you get bonuses for passing 100, 200, or 300 yards (5, 10, and 15 each). Thoughts?

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait. The #6 ranked quarterback was available as a free agent?

Setting aside the ridiculousness of that, the Denver defense is a sieve. Start Rivers.

19. Slivers

Slivers
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Realistically, do you guys think Foles could be a better fantasy QB then Kap?

I'm in a two QB league with my starter being Romo and #2 either Foles or Kap. I'll keep both anyways since the waiver wires pretty much dead anyways

Kap - 34,5,4,13,15,9,19,27

Foles - 5,15,29,5,49

Foles has the receiving talent in philly, if he can keep up the chemistry I think he could keep putting up great numbers. I can't risk bad weeks from my QB #2

20. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweet - trade was accepted. Just as long as the league folks don't object, I'll obviously start Rivers.

Which two of these three RBs....Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson, Mike James?