Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by D26, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have Ridley, L. Bell and A. Brown to start in my RB2 slot.

I think it's clear to plug in Bell, since Ridley has produced nicely but is going against Carolina, and A. Brown has a high upside but no track record. Other thoughts?

Also, I stashed Harvin early in the season and there's no way he's getting played by me this week.

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Another week another loss, no high hopes for he week as y opponent has Megatron, Jimmy Graham among others. And I'm choosing between Matt Ryan vs Chiefs and Philip Rivers vs Saints. Which mediocre QB would you go with? Or ditch them and pick up Tolzien, Fitz, Glennin or McGown?

3. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You fouled up your match-ups. It's Ryan vs. NOR and Rivers vs. KC. Both defenses are tough, but I'd go with Rivers because he's been better lately and because KC's D against QBs in fantasy has been more forgiving than NOR.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I took advantage of another players desperation... He has a must-win match up this week to make the playoffs and multiple players on bye. Snagged McCoy for some guys who had good matchups this week but aren't spectacular otherwise... He gets a shot at the playoffs, and my matchup means nothing since I'm already in.

5. theRookie

theRookie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Brady or Foles?

Do I take a shot at Crabtree at Flex if he plays this week?

I've got Peterson, Gore, and Ellington at RB; Marshall, DJax, Boldin/Crabtree at WR.

Been throwing Ellington in at Flex the last few weeks.

Have Gronk and Bennett at TE...throw in Bennett at Flex instead?

Pretty lost this week, any thoughts? I'm a lock to make the playoffs and likely to pick up a bye, just trying to maximize points.

6. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Roddy White at Buffalo or Riley Cooper home against Arizona?

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe I'm even having to ask this, but after his last couple of performances, I'm wondering if I should start Danny Woodhead over Andre Johnson in my flex? For reference, I've already got DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery as my WR 1/2 and Marshawn Lynch and Andre Brown as my RB 1/2. I also have Percy Harvin stashed on my bench as a desperation play.

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like a matchup with a Houston team in free-fall over the Cardinals right now.

I'm hard pressed to play someone coming off a sustained injury. They're out of sync with the offense, not in top notch shape, and likely to be limited in reps.

I like Boldin in flex over Crabtree, especially if you're just looking for a points boost since the ceiling there is pretty high even if the floor is pretty low.

I don't like Roddy White anywhere these days, especially since Buffalo's secondary is now whole and they're suddenly allowing half the number of points they were earlier in the year. Plus, Matt Ryan is going to be on his back a lot, and Buffalo still has a glimmer at a wildcard spot, unlike the Falcons, so they'll be playing hard.

9. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not going to bitch about my backup tight end who is covering for my currently concussed tight end went out in the first quarter with a concussion. I'm not going to bitch because Brandon Marshall had a mediocre game. I'm not going to bitch because I can't play a QB who gets more than 13 points (I'm looking at you Philip Rivers).

Because Josh Gordon.

10. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh, I keep waffling back and forth on my QB pick for this week...

Rivers at home against the Giants, or Romo in Chicago against the bears. I want to think that the Cowboys are going to go run heavy with Murray in the Chicago weather, and Rivers is at home in the classy San Diego warmth. But it's also Phillip Rivers and he hasn't done much lately.

11. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Start Rivers in a must win home game against an inferior defense, in paradise, and don't look back.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know about "paradise" but definitely in nicer weather... go with Rivers.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Playoffs in two leagues, and in BOTH of them, almost everyone on my team shits the bed in a big, bad way.

One team is based on McCoy and Gronk (we see how that ended) and the other on Megatron and Jimmy Graham. I know I still have Jimmy Graham left to go, but unless he and Romo combine for 80 points, I am fucked.

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brady (@Mia) or Luck (v Hou)?

15. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Miami's defense is underrated. I can't imagine a scenario where Luck shits the bed against Houston's defense. Also, Brady lost Gronk. All ESPN has been showing is how bad the Patriots offense is when Gronk is off the field.

16. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guess who made the FF Superbowl!!! That's right, I'm awesome.

Anybody think Rodgers is gonna play? Maybe I should just roll with Rivers.

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go with Rivers. He's been great all year and Oakland is a nice matchup.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I picked up Rogers when his owner dropped him (2 QB league and his other QB went on bye). I had hoped he would already have a game under his belt now but as it stands, I'm not sure I'm going to play him even if he does play. My alternative is Alex Smith who has been much more consistent lately - it sure would suck to have Rogers aggravate his collarbone or just have him be a little rusty for the last game of the season.

19. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are thinking of starting a half injured rusty QB over someone who is playing Oakland who gave up 5 touchdowns to ALEX SMITH last week?
    The same Alex Smith who had never thrown for over 3 touchdowns in a game in his entire 9 year career?

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I agree their defense sucked but they really gave up a bunch of rushing touchdowns to Jamaal Charles. The fact that Alex Smith threw the ball a couple yards was pretty much incidental.