Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by D26, Aug 25, 2013.

1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alshon Jeffery or Terrance Williams? I know Williams is sharing reps with Austin, but it should be an offensive shootout...

2. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mya - I'd bench Johnson and start either powell or jackson

jdoogie - Williams

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would put in Jackson for Johnson. Johnson is too feast-or-famine to rely on; he either breaks off an 80 yd. TD run, or you get nothing. Jackson has been putting up solid numbers all season, he's a prime goal line back for Buffalo, and Miami is susceptible to a run game. Plus we've got a guy off the practice squad starting under center, so he's going to need those runs and check-downs.

I think Williams may be the safer choice, but I honestly believe Jeffrey is going to keep putting up numbers this season. I don't think you can go wrong with either guy, but I'd probably go with Williams simply because Austin isn't looking himself.

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh.... Why didn't somebody remind me how much I hate fuckin cutler. What was I thinking?

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ignored the advice given to bench Megatron... Good decision.

Not a bad recommendation mind you... He was on my bench until 10 mins before kickoff - but I decided to play my studs and it paid off.

6. theRookie

theRookie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Trade proposal...

I would give up Matt Ryan and Adrian Peterson for Peyton Manning and Rashard Mendenhall.

Thoughts?

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Call your local constabulary and report that someone is attempting to steal from you. Manning's numbers are a step up from Ryan, but then again, Ryan is still posting 300+ yards/2 TDs a game. AP is the entire Minnesota offense. Mendenhall is as productive as an Ethiopian farmer.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there someone else you can counter with besides mendenhall?
    It's not a bad if you can manage to get a position you are in need of or you have a lot of RB's.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In sheer averages, it's about a wash - but, I think Manning's average is inflated and going down, while AP's is down and going up. I don't like it - Ryan has proven he can produce without his weapons, and Peterson has too much talent for his recent production numbers. Mendenhall is boarderline useless - get someone better.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK, so last week was a mess, this week isn't shaping up to be much better as half my team had a bye. So I scavenged the WW and this is what I have now (available this week) to make a team off. HALP.

QB - Ryan (good there)
    RB - F. Jackson, M. James, P. Thomas (pick 2)
    WR - M Colston, B Hartline, J Gordon (pick 2)
    TE - J. Reed
    D/ST - Saints
    K - Gotskowski

(bye: Foster, C. Johnson, B. Marshall, A Jeffrey)

I could go back to take another look at the WW if there may be a better option out there (i.e. Helu, Kendell Wright)

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're good this week.
    Jackson and James
    Colston and Gordon

Rookie RB's that haven't rushed all year have a habit of blowing up their first game with fresh legs and unfamiliar running style.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And thank you for your continued advice! I hope you are right because last week I watched two of my lineup go to the locker room in the first minutes of the game with injuries and put up a paltry 53 points

13. theRookie

theRookie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

He's willing to take Peterson for Peyton, straight up. I know RB's tend to be more productive, Peterson HAS to start putting up better numbers, but comparing averages...it seems like a slam dunk.

Peterson also already had his bye, and Peyton is one awkward sack from ending his season. I don't have much RB depth either....

Somebody care to tell me to not be stupid, and turn down the trade?

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who are your other running backs?

Peyton is averaging 10ppg more than Ryan in my league, and a chunk of that average is coming from his first 70+ point game. If you discount that first game, he's down to only 6 points ahead of Ryan. You can't compare averages between positions (i.e. Manning's 30+ ppg to AP's 18ppg), you have to compare averages at a single position compared to the player you'd replace them with.

If you're going to be replacing Peterson with a RB outside of the top 12, you're losing roughly 8ppg, and I think Peyton has to regress as he plays Kansas City twice, New England, Houston, plus there's a certain amount of evidence that he regresses in the cold...

If you were stacked at running back, the risk might be worth it but I think you're only gaining a few potential points, and inheriting some risk out of it. I mean, even a perfect-world, Manning continues at this level and Peterson doesn't improve, you're gaining about 2 points per game (Ryan -> Manning = +10ppg, Peterson -> average RB = -8ppg)

15. theRookie

theRookie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Spelled it out perfectly for me, thanks man. My RB lineup is relatively strong, but shallow as fuck. AP, Gore, and Jacquizz. After that? Basically nothing. I'm 6-1 in my league, only because I've been very fortunate with a lack of injuries thus far.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's also worth considering whether you would be able to shop Ryan for quality RB help. I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

17. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can you list both your rosters, it would be helpful.
    Peyton for AP straight up would be good if you didn't have Ryan or had a trading partner lined up for Ryan. As it stands now, you might get stuck with two huge QB's and a loss at RB.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A straight swap of playing Peterson in a slot to Jaquizz in a slot is going to be a loss of 10ppg average, negating any gain you get out of Manning. If you found someone who was really weak at QB and traded Ryan for a top 10 RB, you might be able to shore up that loss, but that's the only way you're going to get a win out of the trade.

If you didn't have Ryan, all of the variables change but you've got someone who is in the top 5 in PPG at his position. Keep in mind, in all of this, you're doing a lot of juggling for a net gain of only a few points.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jericho Cotchery, Julian Edelman, or Greg Jennings for my WR2 slot?

20. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a shitty spot to be in for your WR2.
    Anyone on the waiver wire?
    I'd take Cotchrocket if my hand was forced.