Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Aug 16, 2010.

1. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Looking ahead to next week already:

Calvin Johnson vs. GB
    Eddie Royal vs. TEN

Calvin is better but I'm predicting a CJ vs. Charles Woodson matchup in addition to an already solid defense. TEN also has a solid defense, but ER's also a wideout in a sea of equally established WRs who seemingly like to rotate successful fantasy weeks.

Thoughts?

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would sit Eddie Royal he is quickly becoming the number three in Denver. Can you grab Nannee (not sure if I spelled that right) of waivers? I'm not sure if you asking which one to start or if you should start both, I couldn't think of any reason other than an injury or bye week to start Eddie Royal over CJ.

3. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah, it's one or the other. I could pick up Naanee, but I don't really have any place for him. I was leaning towards CJ anyways, so I guess I'll stick with that.

4. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

10 team, no playoffs (pot split for best head to head record, most total points)...6 points pass/rush/rec/kr/pr td (to player)...1/10 yds pass/rush/pass/kr/pr...1 point/2 rec...start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1PK

QB: Vick, Flacco
    RB: P. Thomas, M. Turner, Foster, LT2, Bradshaw
    WR: Clayton, Flloyd, Harvin, Garcon (dropping tonight for LLoyd), Dez Bryant, Nicks
    TE: Z. Miller
    DEF: Saints
    PK: Viniaterri

I am 1-2, but have run into 2 juggernauts the first 2 weeks. I'm not concerned for the longhaul, but I was able to pick up Vick, Clayton, Floyd, and Nicks on WW thanks to this.

The problem I have is two-fold.

(1) Vick and Flacco have the same bye week (8). As it is week 4, I have time to wait if I want to make a move. Flacco was awful, awful, and ok so far. I would like to move him in a trade (packaged with a QB from 2) but its too early to tell with him. Freeman is available on WW, and plays Arizona week 8. Should I wait a few weeks and hope his value goes up before I move him? Who's my odd man out if I can't move him and have to pick up a qb for week 8?

(2) My WRs have been fine for the first 3 weeks. However, I feel like I need to upgrade to a true number 1. Harvin is not startable because you don't know which player will show. Clayton's worst week involved 2 tds, but he has a rookie qb and I don't see defenses not catching onto Bradford by midseason and making him look like a rookie qb. Floyd is a great deep threat, but gets 3-6 receptions per game (0.5 points per reception). Nicks had a great first game, and has been mortal since (and the Giants may be imploding). Bryant is a rookie, and not the first choice on his team. Garcon is doing nothing this year, and Lloyd (when I get him) is a crapshoot.

The only trade offers I have is Carson Palmer/Cotchery for LT2 and Garcon. I would like to upgrade my WR and get a legimite WR1. I am willing to throw in Flacco as a piece part, and a combination of RBs and WRs to get this done. What is the market on my RBs, and what would I need to give up?

5. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Trade proposed: I give MJD, and get Visanthe Shiancoe and jerome Harrison. Looking at fantasy points on the season, it's an equal trade, but I'm worried about getting too deep at wr/te without a decent rb performer. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

6. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would turn that trade down. Harrison seems to have been overtaken by Hillis as the #1 back in Cleveland.

Another thing to look at is who are you going to have to cut to take 2 players back? That could suddenly make this a pretty uneven trade. Personally, I almost always turn down trades where I'm taking back more players than I'm giving up. Usually it means I've giving up the best player in the deal, and unless my team is really bad and I need depth at multiple positions then I'm usually getting the worse end of the deal. I think that's happening to you if you accept the trade.

7. Dubiosity

Dubiosity
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm in a ten team .5 PPR keeper league standard format. My roster is such:

QB Romo
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Ochocinco
    RB AP
    RB Adrian Foster
    TE Jermichael Finley
    RB/WR Jamaal Charles (kept)
    BN Johnny Knox
    BN Hasselbeck
    BN Donald Brown
    BN Dustin Keller
    BN Benjarvus Green-Ellis
    BN Hakeem Knicks

I'm looking to offer someone Charles and Keller for Brandon Marshall and Aaron Hernandez. I don't really trust my WR combo and am looking to upgrade. I like Foster more than Charles and while Keller is good, I like Finley more. Is it worth giving up Charles at the flex for a potentially studly WR combo?

8. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Quick request here, I have to start 2. 10 team non PPR league, 2 pt bonus for 40+ yd touchdown plays.

I have to start 2 out of:

Benjarvis Green Ellis
    Hines Ward
    Mike Wallace
    Hakeem Nicks
    Josh Cribbs

I know Cribbs is questionable, so I don't think I'm going there...right now I'm leaning BGE and Mike Wallace, but I'm open to advice.

Thanks in advance.

9. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

10. goodgtrplyr

goodgtrplyr
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I just got a trade offer in my league just a few hours ago.

I get: Hakeem Nicks and Derrick Mason

I give up: BenJarvus Green-Ellis

My other RB's are Mendenhall, Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, and Jonathan Stewart. My WR's are Ochocino, Welker, Harvin, and Andre Johnson. I have 95% inclination to completely reject this trade since I already have four decent WR's and my RB situation is based on whoever is projected to have the hot hand after Mendenhall. However, I'm completely new to fantasy football, so I'm wondering if there's some angle behind this trade that I'm just not seeing.

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Potential trade I'd like an opinion on.

I have Peyton Manning and Vick. Vick will go to waste on my bench since Manning's bye week matches up with one of mine.

I give up Vick & Johnny Knox.

He gives up MJD.

He's using Farve right now and his WR's suck too. His best player for potentially my best.

Thoughts?

12. Ten Drink Drunk

Ten Drink Drunk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My initial reaction is that you come out the clear winner in this deal. It depends on what you look like at WR without Knox to some degree, but overall I think now is the time to sell high on Vick. The majority of sports media is anointing a new, better, Vick as a top tier QB. What they overlook or fail to mention is who he has played so far. We've only seen him play 10 quarters of (good) football, but 2 of those were against Green Bay who hadn't prepared for him and 4 against Detroit and Jacksonville.

The rushing yards are a nice bump at QB, but I think that Vick will be exposed as a mediocre QB over the next few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me to see Kolb starting before seasons end.

All that being said, you have Manning the Greater starting already so you're essentially trading Knox for MJD, which is a no brainer.

I'm trying to work a trade with a guy that has Vick in a standard, no PPR, 10 team league.

My current QBs are Palmer and Manning the Lesser. Big Ben is a FA and I think I will pick him up regardless of the trade.

He gives: Brady
    I give: Welker

This leaves me with R. Wayne, D. Jackson, and Hines Ward at WR. I also have to buy the guy a shot and pay the trade fees for both of us (totaling $15). I feel like I should do this deal, but what do you guys think?

13. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I could use some advice. I just got a trade offer from a Vikings homer who is way excited about the potential Moss trade.

He gives: Jonathan Stewart, Austin Collie, Steve Slaton
    I give: Randy Moss

I have zero intention of making this trade. I would have to cut 2 players from my bench, and I think I have a pretty good bench. Plus I'm clearly giving up the best player in the deal.

My receivers are fairly deep, but I drafted Moss as my clear #1 WR and I'm not sure I can take the hit from losing him. My current WRs are: Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Dwayne Bowe, Braylon Edwards, Mark Clayton, and Demaryius Thomas. Its a decent group, but not quite as good as I'd hoped going into the season.

His WRs are definitely weak, and I wouldn't mind upgrading my RBs since Ray Rice has been a total disappointment so far. The only thing that's got me at 3-1 is Arian Foster playing like a beast, and having the match ups work in my favor (like this past week when I won by 20 points because I was facing the guy with Cutler as his starting QB).

Would I be crazy to trade Moss away? Is a deal of I give Moss and get back Jamaal Charles enough return? What about a deal of Moss, Fitzgerald, and Beanie Wells for Charles and Calvin Johnson?

I start 3 WRs and 3 RBs each week. Currently I'm doing the best 3 (based on projections and match ups) from my WRs, and my RBs are Ray Rice, Arian Foster, and Beanie Wells. Though Wells may end up being replaced by Marshawn Lynch if things work out in Seattle.

Am I insane for even considering trading Moss? I wouldn't mind trading him now, given the risk of the trade not going through and him then tanking it in New England the rest of the year. Thoughts?

14. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A funny thing to think about:

How would you have changed your draft order if you know that Randy Moss would be likely the only one in football who wouldn't have a bye week at all during the season? Now consider that on Monday, for this first time in I think 5 years, he posted a 0.

OoooooooOOOOOOOooooooh spooky.

Yeah, I have Moss in one league, and I have no idea what to do this week. Randy Moss against Darelle Revis...part 2.

15. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Brady has his bye week so I need to plug in a QB. The ones I'm looking at are Sanchez, Garrard and Fitzpatrick. I have Keller as my TE so if Minnesota shuts down the Jets offense my team is fucked if i go with Sanchez, although if he throws a couple TD's to him I could be set. Garrard and Fitzpatrick, the battle of the worthless offenses. Fitz is at home and the Jags pass defense sucks so I'm leaning more towards him...any thoughts? There is also the option of Sam Bradford, but rookies on the road scare me.

16. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Honestly? I'd take Bradford there. He might be on the road, but its against Detroit, and Bradford has actually been fairly consistent. I'd also take a look at Shaun Hill.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I have 2 RB questions on who to start:

In one league, I have to decide between Jahvid Best going against St. Louis, toe injury and all, and Ryan Torain going against GB.

Torain is healthy and will be getting the bulk of the carries. Best is injured, but will still see quite a few carries, and is going against a much softer defense.

In my other league, I have to choose 2 of the following 4:

Best vs. StL (Note: Best has turf toe)
    Addai vs. KC
    McCoy @ SF (Note: McCoy has a cracked rib)
    Tolbert @ Oakland

My gut says to go with Addai and Tolbert. McCoy's cracked rib scares me, as I don't think he'll make it through the entire game. Tolbert has a very good matchup with Oakland, but with Ryan Matthews back, I'm not sure how many carries he'll get. Addai is safe to get a lot of touches, but Indy isn't known for their running game, and he is very hit-or-miss in terms of finding the end zone. Best, as stated earlier, has a good matchup, but that Turf Toe scares the fuck out of me.

Any advice?

18. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What have people been hearing about how San Diego is going to use Matthews and Tolbert now that Matthews is healthy? Some places have Matthews as the definite starting back, others seem to think that Tolbert will get more carries since he has more experience.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ricky Williams and Brandon Marshall (mine)

for

Deangelo Williams and Nate Washington (his).

He needs a WR, I need a good RB.

I just don't want to give up too much.

20. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can talk much more effective shit in that league once I pick the right action here...