Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

General Fantasy Football Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heres my weekly start question: Which 2 WR?

I'm already starting Roddy White. I need 2 of the following:

Ochocinco
    Owens
    Walter
    Bowe

Also, do I start Celek (who has been dogshit all year) or Mercedes Lewis?

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd probably do that.

3. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If it were me, I'd go with Owens, Walter, and Celek. Celek loves him some Kevin Kolb.

In other news, I've got what feels like a perfect storm with one of my lineups:

Drew Brees
    Peyton Hillis
    Ryan Matthews
    Ryan Torain
    Calvin Johnson
    Hakeem Nicks
    Vernon Davis
    Eagles
    Matt Bryant

I take this win, and I'm alone in second place, after starting the season 0 - 2.

4. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I just received a trade offer:

I give - Randy Moss and Marshawn Lynch
    I get - Jeremy Maclin, Jamaal Charles, and Steve Slaton

I could care less about Slaton, and frankly will probably counter with just taking Maclin and Charles if I do take the trade. But the real question is should I even take the trade?

There's some risk with keeping Moss and Lynch, but I think they could blow up on their new teams. Am I getting enough back though? Charles has a time split, and Maclin isn't even the #1 WR on his own team. But I would then my WR and RB's would be:

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Mark Clayton, Dwayne Bowe, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Tate, and Maclin (starting 3)
    RB - Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Beanie Wells, and Charles (also starting 3)

I feel like a 3 RB lineup of Rice, Foster, and Charles is about as good as it can get, at least if Charles is getting the carries and Rice steps it back up to last year's levels. But is a 3 WR lineup of Fitz, Bowe, and Maclin good enough to support the RBs? Are the RBs good enough to overcome the weakness of the WRs? I'd appreciate some help.

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is my thinking on all 4 main guys in that trade:
    Moss: IMHO, he has lost a slight step, but I think he is still a solid number 1 who will be very motivated to put up big numbers after being essentially told by New England that they don't want him. Bret has to throw to someone, and he hasn't had anyone great thus far this season. At the end, the combo of Rice + Moss will be very solid, and teams can't cheat the pass with AP running the ball. Moss will continue to put up solid to great numbers this season.

Lynch: Mediocre, at best, and Seattle isn't as good as it has played thus far (IMHO). I want to see how many carries Lynch gets before I would try to run to him.

Jamaal Charles: As the season progresses, I think he'll start to get more carries. Hopefully, Todd Haley will realize how much better Jamaal Charles is than Thomas Jones. In the mean time, Haley running Jones so much will keep Charles fresh for the end of the season/playoffs. Around then, I expect the wheels to fall off the much older Thomas.

Maclin: His value will be much lower with Kolb at QB. Once Vick gets back, hopefully Maclin's value will go back up once he has a guy who can consistently get him the ball.

I'd say don't take the trade, personally. I think Moss is going to be really solid going forward, and significantly better than Maclin and Charles. Maclin scares me a bit with Kolb as QB, so that QB controversy in Philly won't do much for his value. I have little faith in Lynch, but it is entirely possible he turns into Seattle's number 1. I just think I'd want to hang on to Moss, because I think the trade to Minnesota is going to actually do a LOT of good for him.

6. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Flex player question (ppr/all tds equal)...I`m starting Bradshaw and Foster at RB. I`m starting Nicks and Clayton due to matchups. I have Turner, Fitzgerald, Floyd, and Harvin on the bench. I`m leaning towards Fitz for flex. Thoughts?

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a fan of the inability to add players on the fly. I didn't know I had to look that far ahead. Son of a bitch. I don't have a QB or a kicker for this week. I'm going to be the first win for Jets22, who is 0-4. You're welcome buddy. And by the way, if you lose....you shouldn't play Fantasy Football anymore. One of my RBs is projected to go -0.70. My team is projected to put up an annihilating 39.00 points. Be SCURRED!

8. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stupid fucking CBS sportsline had Brandon Lloyd under "bust alert" this week. They talked about how Baltimore is the number one ranked pass defense blah, blah fucking blah.

I will never sit that guy again.

9. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Considering how atrocious my team has been, I was still a little scurred. Thanks for the freebie this week.

10. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Out of curiosity, what is the highest one week total anyone here has seen? I put up 164 with QB/2WR/2RB/TE/K/D on Yahoo, it got me curious (/Brag).

11. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've got 148 and still have ADP to play. Sickness.

I've seen over 200, it was a couple of years back though. Typically 130+ is unbeatable.

12. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Will Tomlinson get me 37 points tonight to keep me undefeated? Probably not, but I'm still gonna be in first place in the board's paid league. Stupid fucking Peyton Manning...

13. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Probably not, but I would be delighted to get more than the dude with 160 something a couple posts up. In any event, I'm on the brink of becoming 12-3 (4-1 X 3) and it feels fan-fucking-tastic. Rent is due fantasy gods, rent is due!

14. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Should I go with Tomlinson or Moss tonight? I need 40 pts between Brett Favre and one of these two. Best run D in the league vs. Revis Island. I think Moss has more upside but he has been atrocious this year, at least LT will get the touches.
    +5 pts for a 100 yd rush game, 3pts per 5 receptions.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go with Moss. I don't care what anyone says, he's a better player than Revis and while his yardage could be better he does have 3 tds this season. The vikings defense has been awesome against the run for, well, let's just say a long time. Tomlinson getting 100 yards is way more unlikely than Moss getting 5+ receptions and a score.

16. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I disagree, go with LT. LT will get the touches, and the Williams Wall isn't what it once was. I think LT has a better chance to break a long one or find the end zone than Moss. I think Moss will be covered and the Jets will push most of their coverage towards him, knowing full well Brett will want to throw to him a lot. Meanwhile, the Jets know that the best way to get Sanchez going is to run the ball a lot and get him some confidence in his running game.

17. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gotta agree with this. Also, it's pouring rain in Jersey right now so that's gotta have some effect on slowing down both teams' passing games. LT should definitely get the touches.

18. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This weather probably crushes any chance I had of winning, but I went with Moss. I figure a few huge plays by Favre/Moss is my only chance of getting some big numbers. Thanks for the input.

19. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A guy in my league is looking to trade Matt Forte for a WR. I realize Forte's value is inflated after last week, but I could use him and I'm deep at WR.

League: Not PPR, Flex position allowing to start 3 RB or 3 WR.

RB I have: MJD, Mendenhall, Pierre Thomas. (Worried about Thomas' health and Bush returning)

WR I have: Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, Ochocinco, Malcolm Floyd.

I'm sure he has his eye on Austin, but I don't think I'd be willing to make that trade. What do you think about trading Lloyd for Forte? Would you trade Austin for Forte? I'm assuming he won't even entertain Floyd or Ochocinco, although I'll initially lowball an offer with Floyd.

I'm worried about Floyd's value if V. Jackson ever returns, and Ochocinco's production is non-existant.

20. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Someone in my league wants my two best players. Here is the trade they want. The league is not PPR.

They want Roddy White and Frank Gore:

I would get: Greg Jennings, Arian Foster, Brandon Jackson, Jeremy Maclin.

Thoughts? I do need more players since my team isn't scoring that much (my other running backs are Marion Barber and Justin Forsett).